Question about destroyed and disrupted face down counters.

• If a unit is has a face down destroyed or disrupted counter, can they use their combat phase to move? I’m guessing no especially with disruption because they were disrupted in a certain spot. Can someone help clarify this for me please? Thanks!!

• Face-down conters?  No problem moving, the combat effect doesnt get applied until its flipped face up.  Its supposed to make combat feel more simultaneous.  Its the whole, “if you shoot the guy that just threw a grenade at you, you’ll still get blasted when the grenade lands” thing.

• @Motdc:

Face-down conters?  No problem moving, the combat effect doesnt get applied until its flipped face up.  Its supposed to make combat feel more simultaneous.  Its the whole, “if you shoot the guy that just threw a grenade at you, you’ll still get blasted when the grenade lands” thing.

Once again, Motdc to the rescue. Thank you very much. After all this time it’s odd this situation hasn’t come up unitil last nights all night 150 point battle. My first loss in 11 games.  :-(

• Question for Motdc. Sorry to but you again but your the expert. If a unit, (example, a partisan or inspiring hero is deployed on the map adjacent to an enemy unit does the enemy unit get defensive fire on them assuming the facing is correct?

• Not an expert, just well read  :-D

1.  Deployment is not movement, so would not trigger any kind of defensive fire.

2.  As an aside, Heores are pretty much immune to DF anyway

3.  Second aside, soldiers dont have a facing

• Well don’t be so modest!! :lol: Your an expert in my book. Definately well read in the least. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

The soldier facing is one of the rules we’ve personally altered for the sake of the game. We play that you can ambush troops by coming up to the rear of them and they can’t make defensive fire or fire at you unless they change their facing. It adds the whole “ambush” thing to our games. Maybe we should try it with the real rules but this way seems more fun. It also adds to the whole “flanking” strategy making facing much more important.

• Have a look in the Expanded rules book for “Enfilade Fire”.

If you get a unit adjacent to an enemy unit then during your assault phase you can say that that the enemy unit is preoccupied(and therefore facing) your adjacent unit.  Then if any other units can trace a line of fire into the rear of that enemy unit they get a plus one on their rolls.

Of course if you surround an enemy with adjacent pieces you can dicate where the facing is so that each of your pieces gets the bonus.

Happy New Year folks.  May you have plenty of gaming time!

Audacity

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m