Unstoppable strategy: 1942 scenario

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@chr1stophe:

@Doucheman

@DouchemanMacgee:

Minor imperfections but you have the gist of the strategy down. Good job.

I forgot to mention in the post that Japan did take out the Flying Tiger squadron.
    What else would you change in Japan’s turn one?

Let’s see.

You did the following:

@chr1stophe:

Japan - Built a bomber and 2 subs and a transport. Took out the American fleet around Hawaii, took out the British fleet around India, and landed all his fighters and bomber in Burma and prepared to take India the next turn.

I would have bought a factory (instead of the bomber + swap out 1 SUB for an INF to make up the 15 IPCs) and placed it in either FIC or Manchuria depending on what the rest of the powers were doing.

Other main thing I would have done differently would have been to avoid Hawaii altogether, instead consolidating my IJN in and around the Philippines/FIC SZs (SZ 50, 36, or 37, take your pick) to further increase the odds of taking out India J2. This also allows you to bring the FTR from the CV near the Solomon Islands to Burma to join the rest of the air force (SZ51 -> SZ50 -> SZ36 -> FIC -> Burma). Letting the starting US Fleet go is annoying later but your goal is to get as much of your starting forces to Russia as quickly as you possibly can to overwhelm the Soviets before the Western Allies can do anything to stop you.

• Balance issues… Dardanelles should always be closed… NOs favor the Axis, hands down.

Something not in the rules, but a very simple House rule our group uses for both balance and just plain fun…

90% of the time, Japan nukes the Flying Tigers in China on turn 1 before the Allies get to make a single move with them. They are basically placed in a “please kill me” position.

Our group always allows the Allied player the choice to place the Flying Tigers anywhere they want within China on the initial setup… it’s a very minor concession both for play balance and strategic fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m