• The operation to open a second front in the war seems strategically sound, but i myself have never been able to do it.  :-(

Feel free to include any strategies to accomplish this

• the problem is Italy only has 2 territories that you can land on, once in the med. considering it also takes 2 or 3 turns to position a landing force in these waters, i’d rather just hang around the UK and launch from there. not only is it a better staging ground, but i like watching the see which of Germany’s territories are left the weakest before pouncing

• 2007 AAR League

US2 - land in ALG
    US3 - wipe out Italian fleet
    US4-5 buildup of landing party / capturing EGY/TRJ
    US6 - Time to strike Italy proper!

• @Perry:

US2 - land in ALG
    US3 - wipe out Italian fleet
    US4-5 buildup of landing party / capturing EGY/TRJ
    US6 - Time to strike Italy proper!

my problem with that is that you may be sacrificing troops that could better be used on the pacific front or on france

• and also, Perry, if Italy knows the invasion is coming (and any descent A&A player would), then they get that many turns to build their defence forces up. even if italy is reduced to its 10 IPC count, this is 3 infantry per turn, plus whatever ground forces they already had left

like i said, launching an invasion from UK to Germany is still the best bet

• @tin_snips:

and also, Perry, if Italy knows the invasion is coming (and any descent A&A player would), then they get that many turns to build their defence forces up. even if italy is reduced to its 10 IPC count, this is 3 infantry per turn, plus whatever ground forces they already had left

like i said, launching an invasion from UK to Germany is still the best bet

I like the Italy attack. Two American bombers stationed in the UK (you can just pop them there on U1, after italy has gone, so Italy won’t neccessarily be preparing for an allout KIF) can pound the Italy economy. If you are playing without NOs KIF is even more viable.

KIF is a serious strat.

• I think my standard move with Japan will be to move the CV and it’s 2 fighters to the Med for supporting Italy. The CA could probably tag along if you do see a strong KIF. Japan will never miss these units. Possibly send another fighter or 2 for reinforcements if the 2 on the CV are hit.

• Good point, if the US is commited to a KGF strategy why not send a CV and some fighters to the med to help Italy out. If anything you would have two fighters that could land in Europe in case of emergencies.

• that’s a good point, rockrobinoff. if there was some serious attempts at SBR’s on Italy’s already small economy, then the invasion through Italy becomes much more viable

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m