• I’ve always question why USA’s western and eastern factories were protected by AA guns in every A&A game I’ve seen.  I’m  not a proponent of getting them removed and don’t see much of a reason why they should.

But just curious, was there actually a large continent of AA batteries in America after she entered the war?  Were American’s (especially on the East Coast) worried that they’d get bombed?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think America was more focused with getting AA Guns on her Aircraft Carriers than any AA Guns on the East or West Coasts.

That’s not saying Miami or Los Angeles didn’t have some though.  But I’ve never seen a special on the development of improved AA Gun defenses for continental cities in the United States, i’ve seen numerous ones for improved Aircraft Carrier defenses which included AA Guns, Torpedo Blisters and water tight hatches, etc.

I’d rather swap those 2 AA Guns for 2 Infantry and an Artillery.

• 2007 AAR League

america was very worried about the west coast. not really the east coast however

• Why thank you Jennifer.

• Sure there were AA guns on the West coast did you ever see that comedy 1941?  You may not remember the name but I bet you remember the faris-wheel.  :lol:

• @LT04:

Sure there were AA guns on the West coast did you ever see that comedy 1941?  You may not remember the name but I bet you remember the faris-wheel.   :lol:

The part I remember best is the Jap submariner in love with Hollywood. Horrywooood!!! Too funny.

• When I lived in Orange County Ca, I remember seeing the platforms for old ww2 anti air guns. Same on the “Queen Mary” docked there.

I think it’s correct in the game to have the guns. Because the nature of the game can cange the way the war really played out, america would have had many more batteries than it did based on the war. We did have anit air batteries but not even close to the amount in England.

For instance, in one of my games, my German airforce bombed the American fleet in the gulf of mexico. If Germany would have had long range bombers like the B-17 and/or carriers capable or bombing the East or West Coast, Americans response would naturally been to have more AA batteries. That’s merely my speculation though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m