• **Welcome to Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride! **

Okay so here’s the rules, I ask something interesting and the first person who gets it receives a +1 free Karma from me, Mr. Toad.  This will be a great way to boost your Karma rating – especially for those of you who have platters of negative smitings.

Also, I’ll throw out some random consolation prizes like pictures/links/videos if I’m feeling especially generous.

So let us begin!

Complete this sentence:

“In 1949 Tan replaced violet, which was replaced by Blue in 1995.  What am I referring to?”

• Nice idea….

a color crayon?

• The UN color?  :?

LT

• Hint: It’s a confectionery.  You all had a chance to vote on it in 1995.

• uhh…  :?  hmm… Maybe if I was old enough to vote in 1995 that would help.

• 2007 AAR League

Would it be M&M’s?

• Correct U-505!  :-D

That’s +1 to you.

“First produced in 1941, the candies were originally manufactured in brown, yellow, orange, red, green, and violet. Violet was replaced by tan in 1949, which was replaced by blue in 1995. Mars also launched a competition to have a new color between purple, pink, and turquoise sometime around 2002. Purple became the extra color, but it eventually disappeared.”

Questions #2

What was Elvis’s natural hair color?

• 2007 AAR League

For the last 5 years, I’ve lived 40 miles from Graceland and I haven’t been there yet. I think this is a trick question to make me think it’s something you wouldn’t expect like blond or red so I’ll go with black.

• 2007 AAR League

i’ll go with red……

• I’ll help cover the basis and go with blond.

He did have blue eyes if I remember correctly, and that was around the WWII era so blond hair and blue eyes were not the most popular gene’s to have.

• LT04, You are Correct!

Elvis was a natural blonde.  He dyed his hair black early in his career, thinking he could never keep up his “bad boy” image as a blonde.

Question #3 - Art History

Identify the characters in this picture.

• 2007 AAR League

icarus and his father is my guess.

dude has wings.

• 2007 AAR League

The setting suggests that Balung is correct.

• I would have to agree with balungaloaf that this person is Icarus.

My question is why do they have a trash bag on their home-made set of wings?

• Sheesh… No one remembers Daedalus, Icarus’s father, who conceptualized the idea of human flight and designed the first set of wings.  Remember, Icarus wasn’t the only one who flew off of the island of Crete that day.  And Daedalus had the more interesting life of the two.

Oh well, since you guys at least answered Icarus, you all get Karma.

Question #4 - Bartletts

This quote is widely attributed to which person?

“First I begin by taking.  Then I shall find the scholars to demonstrate my perfect right.”

• 2007 AAR League

i googled it….  :-D

i wont post the answer though, or will i…

• 2007 AAR League

I was going to go with Julius Caesar but something didn’t sound right about it and since you probably wouldn’t follow up a question about ancient Greece with one from ancient Rome I’m going to go with Napoleon.

• I Googled it becuase I honestly whould not have known that.

• As many of you have already googled, the correct answer is King Frederick the Great.

When I first read the quote, I was stricken by how true it was, not just in his era but in ours.  The victors shape the world as they see fit.  If the Axis powers had won WWII or the Soviets the Cold War, believe me, our textbooks would be written very differently today.

Let’s see if you guys can do better this time:

Question #5 - Geography

What are the Eastern, Western, Southern, and Northernmost States in the United States of America?

• Eastern:    Alaska
    Western:    Alaska
    Northern:    Alaska
    Southern:  Hawaii

<pencil down=“”>:-D </pencil>

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m