Newbie looking for Axis strategies

• I’m new to these boards and just picked up A&A50, just played a few games but I’m looking for certain styles of play with the Axis as they’re my favoured side. My prior experience with these games has been only Axis & Allies Europe which I played to death, so some of the new rules required some getting used to.

Anyway, my games with A&A50 have consisted mainly of building as many tanks as possible with Germany to send into Russia, focusing on Asia with Japan, and holding the Atlantic with Italian ships. I’m just looking for more effective strategies for 1941 from the more experienced players here.

And I apologize to the mods if this isn’t the right place to be posting this kind of thing.

• build yourself an IC in France my friend.

consider pruchasing some planes/subs with germans since subs and bombers are now cheaper and can be combined to cripple any landing of allied troops in Europe.

Considering your Europe A&A background I can understand why you would build tanks all the way  :D
    you must consider using infantry though. Build a constant stream of infantry to invade russia as they will serve as cannon fodders and you will need them to defend homeland when uk and usa come.
    It is better to use 12-15 ipcs each turn to build infantry than spend your entire 50 ipcs one time buying soldiers…
    you should also use the italians to support your actions, like attacking caucasus twice on the same turn, retaking france if the allies ever seize it, use your powerful fleet to bombard everywhere you attack with the italians.

with the japs

hell they are so strong… you cant really mess with them. rush india, as you will be able to use the IC built by the UK there to kill the chinese. you can even consider attacking the west usa if  you see an opening.

anyways, you can come up with new strategies according to the situation… the important is that you crush those damn red fools! ( if you seize caucasus early your chance of beating them goes drastically up.)

• focuse on offense, but always keep defence in the back of your mind and purchase accordingly

• TripleA

With national objectives on it really depends on how thin you end up getting stretched offensively.

Round 1. Make 10 units. buy infantry/artillery/tanks any combination you want so long as it = 10 units which is the most germany can produce.

Round 2 operation maintain the fame. If I buy an IC it’s not in France It’ll be on one of two countries that isn’t near uk’s waters so that I can get cannon fodder into the fight against russia. Again max out 10 units. If I buy tech I buy one roll only. Everything in chart 1 can be used so it’s not too bad. Mechanized infantry and it’s game over man.

That’s it dude just constantly get men to the front lines. Oh and always eye out the uk naval. If uk’s naval gets sunk it’s over; you’ve won. But it’s not something I’d go for. I mean if he makes transports and doesn’t defend them well it’s his fault and it’s very cost effective for you.

~

You got to help your italian friend round 1 by hitting egypt. Even if you don’t win it you at least soften it up for italy to take. Round 2 if your transport isn’t sunken well you should have a guy to ship over to help italy out.

Another thing. Don’t drive too deep into russia… if at some point you have all tanks attacking infantry… something is wrong. Avoid things like that unless it’s to secure your national objective and you don’t lose too many tanks to do so.

You got to hold out till Japan is on moscow’s back. You do that by collecting national objectives in the most cost effective manner so you can consistantly max out units in produced in Berlin and elsewhere if you have it.

• Thanks guys, you’ve been very helpful! I’ll be sure to try out some of these ideas.

• Here’s the way I usually approach the Axis in the first AA.  I think it translates over into the 2nd AA as well.

1.  You start off poor so keep your expensive units.  Don’t throw them away for short term gains, because once they’re gone, they’re gone.  You can’t afford to rebuild them. 
    2.  Take out the British Navy, all that’s possible without losing airforce… or if you do lose airforce, make sure that England is losing something like a battleship.  If they can keep the fleet they’ll be able to land all along the coast.  This is bad, and is pretty much the end of the game for germany.  It will mean you’ll need to defend along the coast, plus have either some airforce or tanks ready for a counter attack… because if they want something, they can take it with the RAF getting in the attack.
    3.  Expand fast, but try to only lose infanty in battles.  If when you caluclate odds you’re calculating that you’ll lose tanks/fighters… it’s not worth it.
    4.  With the new game, study the bonus production criteria… aim to take it away from your opponent.  It’s like a guide to what your opponent will do, plus it shows you how to stop them… for example…

Japan:  Has to take an English territory in it’s first turn or England gets extra production.
    Germany:  It’s about either Karelia or Caucassus.  Take one or the other, but try to take one at all costs.
    Italy:  Brazil is undefended and the USA gets extra production, if it’s available and undefended, might as well nab it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m