• I’m wondering on how well this would work out for the allies.

On UK turn one purchase 3 transports, 1 AC, 1 inf, and 1 armor, move the Canadian inf east.  Sink the German fleet, move your Egypt fighter to Z8 where you rally your fleet.  Have the US send there eastern fighter to your AC on there turn as well as there starting navy.  On UK2 purchase another aircraft carrier and as many units as you can afford (you should collect a fair amount of money at the end of your first turn) and land in France.  Place your new AC with your fleet and load it up, if you lost a fig sinking the Germans have the US send you another one.  The US could also begin to shuck, send minor bomber support, or whatever they choose.  Italy will have a difficult time retaking France alone with 8 enemies on it, and with an aggressive Russia and/or US support you could threaten capitals very quickly. As far as income, France is worth 11 IPC to almost every player (Germany, US, UK, and even Italy depending).

This would be best against an aggressive Germany when Russia is also playing aggressively, let Russia grind down the Germans while you land on there doorstep.

• if you got very lucky, it may work. but you’re relying on too many 'what if’s

you have to assume that you will sink germany’s fleet in one go, germany won’t make a move on your fleet on its turn, and that germany doesn’t build any subs (as there’s no way you can get a destroyer into the german fleet on your first turn)

and then you have to take into account that the german player will know exactly what you’re going to do, and allocate defences accordingly

if i was germany, and i most often am, then i’d be allocating units to the defence of my coastlines from the start, and attacking the uk and us fleets whenever i got the opportunity. also keep in mind that the uk will have egypt and india to worry about - it wouldn’t be wise to ignore these just because you’re hoping to capture france

• I agree, this is for when they decide to go for Russia’s throat on turn 1.  Although sinking the German fleet is not a big deal with 2 figs, 1 bomber, and don’t underestimate the defensive abilities of 2 fully loaded carriers with 2 destroyers as fodder, it takes about 8 planes to bring that fleet down, Germany will not have that many on turn 2 very often.  As far as Africa if Italy is focused on Europe they cannot bring much to bear down there, and the US can always hit there within a turn.

It is just a bit surprising to me how quickly the UK can bring a fleet to bear on Europe.

• The tactic described here is the basis of a KGF strategy. It only works to go to France on turn 2 if Germany does the IL tactic of building all tanks and going for Russia.

You force the Germans to take back France instead of mini-me (Italy) and thereby weakening the power of the Moscow push severly. However indeed you need 8-10 units of UK to force the Germans to commit. 2-4 units won’t work since Italy can take care of them.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m