AARHE: Builds at captured factories.

• Are there any restrictions as to what can be built at a captured factory other than the standard rules for all factories?

1.  For example, Germany takes Caucasus with its factory intact.  Can Germany now start making 4 IPC x $4 = $16 of units, including planes and tanks.  Or is it limited only to mechanized and artillary like factories in 3rd world countries?

2.  We’ve taken the position based on several discussions in this forum, that factories in Asia, S America, Africa, India and China, including Japan’s starting factory in Manchukuo is limited to mechanized and artillery due to resources and technology.  Nations are required to transport or maneuver their big stuff in.  Everyone Agree?

• 1.  For example, Germany takes Caucasus with its factory intact.  Can Germany now start making 4 IPC x $4 = $16 of units, including planes and tanks.  Or is it limited only to mechanized and artillery like factories in 3rd world countries?

A captured or friendly factory has no bearing on production, but it does have bearing on costs of infantry to produce ( more)
    Otherwise its the same rule.

2.  We’ve taken the position based on several discussions in this forum, that factories in Asia, S America, Africa, India and China, including Japan’s starting factory in Manchukuo is limited to mechanized and artillery due to resources and technology.  Nations are required to transport or maneuver their big stuff in.  Everyone Agree?

Yea that would prevent tanks from showing up, when japan didn’t have a great number of these…so yes that would work.

• A captured or friendly factory has no bearing on production, but it does have bearing on costs of infantry to produce ( more)
    Otherwise its the same rule.

I thought that infantry was only built in VCs, not at factories.  So the factory would have no impact on infantry costs, only location of VC.

• @oldsalty:

I thought that infantry was only built in VCs, not at factories.  So the factory would have no impact on infantry costs, only location of VC.

that is correct

its great infantry drafting is decoupled from machinery production
    which helps the second point below

think its not resource but technology
    you can setup the technology it’ll just cost you
    hence we have variable Industrial Complex cost

Imperious is thinking of having a new formula the cost of Industrial Complex cost
    to be based on IPC income rather than VC

would this is be sufficient?

• Tekkyy:

think its not resource but technology
    you can setup the technology it’ll just cost you
    hence we have variable Industrial Complex cost

OK.  Cost of the IC is not an issue.  Understand when IC costs vary between $5 - $15.    Does that also mean than if the factory is in China or Middle East, for example, in a Country with 3 IPC where they can produce 4 x 3 = $12 of units that they could build 1 ftr and 1 tank?

They may have the resources and technology, but I agrue they would not have the skilled labor to do this (then).  I am not aware that either the Allies or Axis built planes or tanks, etc in 3rd world countries.

Or am I getting too anal here and sacrificing game play for realism?  Just looking for a clarification of the intent of the game, not trying to change any rules.

• @oldsalty:

OK.  Cost of the IC is not an issue.  Understand when IC costs vary between $5 - $15.    Does that also mean than if the factory is in China or Middle East, for example, in a Country with 3 IPC where they can produce 4 x 3 = $12 of units that they could build 1 ftr and 1 tank?

They may have the resources and technology, but I agrue they would not have the skilled labor to do this (then).  I am not aware that either the Allies or Axis built planes or tanks, etc in 3rd world countries.

yes $12 worth of units
    but no can’t build 1 ftr ($10) + 1 tank ($5) because thats $15

“4 x IPC  income” is meant to be a simple rule to control both

*what you can build (eg. UK can’t build Carrier at India)
    *how much IPC you can build

Or am I getting too anal here and sacrificing game play for realism?  Just looking for a clarification of the intent of the game, not trying to change any rules.

no we love your feedback
    we just have to work it out

AARHE wants realism and gameplay
    specific listings were avoided if possible

simple number based rules are good structure wise
    you set a model and stick to it

unfortunately this requires numbers on the map to be realistic to start with
    so some things don’t work out prefectly on some territories of the OOB map

but we are bound to overlook things, over time we discover alternative simple rules that leads to even greater realism

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m