• Ok so I’m new to the game of Axis and Allies and I’ve come across something that has been puzzling me.  Now maybe its because I’m thinking to into it or I had a brain fart but say a fighter just attacks ground units, does that mean the ground units can’t defend because there is no AA or an air unit present?  Or does the ground unit say a tank get to defend?

My other question to the game is do fighters only stay for one round of combat or do they stay there until the battle is finished?

• Official Q&A

Any unit may hit any other unit unless the rules specifically prohibit it (subs can’t hit planes, land units can’t hit sea units, etc.), so land units can indeed hit air units.  Fighters stay for as long as they need to (and survive).

• @victorNaborski:

Ok so I’m new to the game of Axis and Allies and I’ve come across something that has been puzzling me.  Now maybe its because I’m thinking to into it or I had a brain fart but say a fighter just attacks ground units, does that mean the ground units can’t defend because there is no AA or an air unit present?  Or does the ground unit say a tank get to defend?

My other question to the game is do fighters only stay for one round of combat or do they stay there until the battle is finished?

Thanks partner,this question has been troublein my mind as well

I hate Wachin the Russians gettin raped by the Luftwaffe.

• The defending units roll as normal - so if you attacked a territory that had 2 inf, and you brought 2 fighters, the combat might go like this:

Attacker rolls:  4, 3:  inf dies.
    Defender rolls:  2, 5: 1 ftr dies.
    Attacker rolls:  2: inf dies.
    Defender rolls:  4:  last ftr survives.

The sheer abuse one could conduct if ground units couldn’t hit air units is mind boggling.

The only units in the game that can’t kill fighters are subs and transports.

• Thanks for the help… But Its too late for the poor Russians on the eastern front. I lost everything due to a jap attack with 5 fighters.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m