1942 Allied/Axis strategy map

• I like that strategy map.  What do you think about moving the Ger sub in sz5 to sz7 to be in a forward position since no DD’s will be around at that point.

• UK may hit the Baltic fleet if its too weak. The sub in 7 is doing what? It will be attacked or the Baltic fleet will.

I am hoping they just go after the subs in SZ # 2 and land a few troops with planes. I dont want planes including the US bomber taking out a free 6 IPC sub… that’s leaving money on the table.

• If the sub stays in sz 5, it can not be taken as a casualty since the the UK/USA does not have a DD in position at this time. It is useless for defense in the short run in sz5.
    I figure move it to sz 7 for the time being since it can not be attacked to see what the allies do.  (flexability since it is deployed closer to the allies)
    It might prevent the USA vessels in sz 10 from moving to sz18 on their way to Africa.  The German fig in Morroco (if it survives the sz12 attack) and the sub in sz 7 would discourage it.
    I don’t think the UK would try to block in sz 6, so the sub could move back to sz 5 if needed or move to sz 13 in Rd2

• If the sub stays in sz 5, it can not be taken as a casualty since the the UK/USA does not have a DD in position at this time. It is useless for defense in the short run in sz5.

I am worried about an air attack. 2 fighters a 1 Bomber could trash my fleet, and i can take the SS as a soaker or cant i?

I figure move it to sz 7 for the time being since it can not be attacked to see what the allies do.  (flexability since it is deployed closer to the allies)

Yes , while i like the idea of multiple targets, the allies also have that US bomber in UK, which can easily finish off a Baltic fleet after a UK hit. If Germany gets hit with 2 fighters and 1 bomber and is left with a cruiser and transport… the US player would take a chance with his bomber to knock off my cruiser/ transport because the exchange favors him.

I would prefer to keep my sub as an extra soak to keep this from happening.

If the rules have changed in this respect of planes and subs let me know, but i am only aware that transports cant be allocated as soakers, while subs can.

It might prevent the USA vessels in sz 10 from moving to sz18 on their way to Africa.  The German fig in Morroco (if it survives the sz12 attack) and the sub in sz 7 would discourage it.
    I don’t think the UK would try to block in sz 6, so the sub could move back to sz 5 if needed or move to sz 13 in Rd2

I think if i sent it out the Soviet sub would hit it. Also, you do see that subs no longer block ships…except when destroyers are moving thru. So they cut out sub stall.

• OK i got clarification, so your proposal is most correct.

I would post the Baltic sub in English channel SZ 7 or 6

• Japans builds in 42 must now be 3 destroyers/transport rather than the 4 subs/1 transport. This would kill planes, where subs cannot. you get 6 on defense vs 3 with subs. The American player will have subs defending if you attack , so your subs don’t have any first strike…making it less viable.

• bump

• Can you sticky this please Imperious Leader?

• Its not fair to do this because it would be too self promoting. I only sticky stuff that is universally accepted and contributed by many rather than one.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

You seem to be forsaking Asia for a naval fight with USA.  I like to flood Asia with land units, lest the momentum be lost.  I’m even considering a factory build in Fr Indochina in order to counter the Indian factory while I finish off the Chinese.  I don’t plan on attacking Russia.  Let them keep their tundra while I make take a shortcut to Novo

My build might be 2 transport, 3 tanks.

• As with 1941, Japan must build a Fac in Manchuria on turn 1. Both maps need updating

However, in 42 USA has greater success with going after japan and the buy should be delayed and done only if US player commits to pacific. That buy is what Japan should do but understandably its income will be greater on J2.

new map is coming in a few weeks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m