• @frimmel:

Well if you don’t have the display it probably is still best to stick with DVD but if you have the display:

Spidey-3

Pirates

480p vs. 1080p is no contest. DVD’s largest drawback in competing is space. DVD’s hold about 8.5GB compared to 50GB for Blu. There just isn’t the space on a DVD to do what Blu-ray does.

Oh definitely.  If I had the money, I would definitely go for the best setup.  And I was aware of a space difference, I just thought DVD was still capable of some of those features (maybe having to limit how many it committed to), but ultimately the biggest difference was quality.

Actually, let me put it this way.  Going from VHS to DVD is such a huge leap, I thought it warranted the cost.  I just don’t see the benefits of Blu Ray over DVD being significant enough to agree with the price tag.

• Well i got 1080P and i port over my PC games to my 50 inch so its like a video game, only im using mouse and keyboard. Its also good so you can watch any DVD of any region or watch stuff from internet on wide screen.

For example, Olympics Badminton matches were always on the internet, but linking it to the TV allowed me to drag it over to my wide screen which is huge.

• @Imperious:

Well i got 1080P and i port over my PC games to my 50 inch so its like a video game, only im using mouse and keyboard. Its also good so you can watch any DVD of any region or watch stuff from internet on wide screen.

For example, Olympics Badminton matches were always on the internet, but linking it to the TV allowed me to drag it over to my wide screen which is huge.

Isn’t technology wonderful?

• @Jermofoot:

Actually, let me put it this way.  Going from VHS to DVD is such a huge leap, I thought it warranted the cost.  I just don’t see the benefits of Blu Ray over DVD being significant enough to agree with the price tag.

I’m not upgrading the collection because the upconversion of the PS3 is adequate but I’ll be first in line when Wrath of Khan is released on Blu-ray.  :lol:

• @Imperious:

Well i got 1080P and i port over my PC games to my 50 inch so its like a video game, only im using mouse and keyboard. Its also good so you can watch any DVD of any region or watch stuff from internet on wide screen.

Actually, my roommate bought a new TV and I helped him hook it up in just this manner.  It’s pretty sweet, but only two complaints - the resolution is so high most text is too tiny to read from his couch and you can’t do split screen/picture in picture with two different inputs (say watching cable and surfing the internet at the same time).

@frimmel:

@Jermofoot:

I’m not upgrading the collection because the upconversion of the PS3 is adequate but I’ll be first in line when Wrath of Khan is released on Blu-ray.  :lol:

Oh some day I’ll move it on up, and I’m sure my own Wrath of Khan will force me.  :mrgreen:

• @Jermofoot:

…only two complaints - the resolution is so high most text is too tiny to read from his couch and you can’t do split screen/picture in picture with two different inputs (say watching cable and surfing the internet at the same time).

Sounds like you might have two shortfalls there. Not enough resolution from the PC’s video card and not enough features on the TV.

Another thing is you might want to get a test disc (or break out a THX DVD those usually have some test patterns) and calibrate the display and/or the output of the PC. Or check the AVS forums for a calibration thread from other owners and try some of those settings.

@Jermofoot:

Oh some day I’ll move it on up, and I’m sure my own Wrath of Khan will force me.  :mrgreen:

I am eagerly awaiting a Blu-ray edition of Wrath of Khan and First Contact. Most of the blu-ray I’ve picked up is new stuff, or stuff I’ve never had or only had VHS.

• I heard the only thing good about World at War was the Zombie Mode.  Yes, COD2 at least was better than COD3.  4 is the best, though.

• It uses the exact same engine as 4, but is set back in WW2.  It’s a good game.  Zombie mode is fun, and they added a new map to it, but I don’t like the annoying voiceover they added.

It has more multiplayer modes than 4, up to 4 players coop campaign (2 player split screen locally), more ranks/weapons/perks.

I think it’s better than 4.  It’s just some people don’t like it because all the weapons are auto or are Infinity Ward fanboys and won’t touch it because it’s not IW.

Haven’t played much lately though… Left4Dead has kept my attention.

• Ok yea I know, this hasnt been used in a while but I knew COD:W@W had to be in here somewere lol

I love it!! Hey for anyone who plays PS3 online my PSN name is: Stukas87
    I’ve noticed that about 90% of players use the MP40, atleast in team deathmatch so ever sense I’ve been playing hardcore modes to get away from it. I know they’ll never do it, but I wish they would add a patch that downgraded the thing. A 9mm pistol round coming out of a like a 5-6 inch barrel should not be killing someone with 3-4 bullets from half way across the map (COD5 has some large maps) when the guy with MP40 gets peppered with a .30 cal MG or something  :x Otherwise the game is awsome. I do get bothered that no mater what team your on you can choose any weapon but I always make a class for each country and use them with whatever team I’m put on. Doesnt feel right running around using a G43 in a Pacific map and knowing I’m on the American team lol

Nazi Zombies anyone!?  :evil:  :mrgreen:

• xbox 360 owner, sorry

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m