• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d be glad to send you the start files.  I prefer them stacked up, makes invading and seeing what is in the zone defending and attacking easier, IMHO.

I believe the 18 IPC has been repaired to 17 IPC.  I’m pretty sure Russia’s been repaired to 30 IPC as well.

• I just noticed the '42 scenario still has the turn order text from '41.

• @a44bigdog:

I just noticed the '42 scenario still has the turn order text from '41.

I fixed this. Just download the '42 map from

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g4ym2mdizje

For those who probably do not know about .7z please visit

http://www.7-zip.org

• @a44bigdog:

2 minor issues. When I load a map made with the map made with the prior chart at the bottom any icons there are showing up in those spaces.

This I don’t really get. The areas are moved a bit because of bigger tech boxes and a unit reference chart, so that may be why your icons are not in the right spot there. (I’m only guessing what your sentence meant though  :roll:)

I have seen some maps with Japan with 18 IPCs in '41 this is incorrect as they start with 17. I can not double check this as I replace my start files with ones that have the unit neatly stacked as opposed to scattered pell mell. Jenn has some nice start files she could e-mail you for the final release version.

The 18 IPC’s are back to 17, and neatly stacked units would be quite nice, that’s true. Could you e-mail me your files (username at gmail dot com)? Big begging eyes mode Or Jen, would you be so kind?

@a44bigdog:

I just noticed the '42 scenario still has the turn order text from '41.

Damn, at one point I thought “don’t forget the .bmp file for '42!” :D

I don’t have to email them, they are map files so the site will let me upload them.

Just change the file name to start (in other words, delete the 1941 and 1942) when you paste them into the appropriate file folders so they over write the old ones and all the pieces should be in neat, orderly, columns.

Start1941.AAM
    Start1942.AAM

• With maps made in the previous version (I am assuming my opponent has such). The icons are where they would be located on that map. Which puts the money where the turn indicators go and the turn icons over into the tech chart. I am not sure why this is happening as I completely replaced my old .gim folders. And while I may be seeming like a pain, I have a lot of experience modding games and such in the past and am trying to provide all the trouble shooting I can so that a finalized version without bugs can be provided as soon as possible.

No idea, I’m not experiencing that issue.

You can just fix it and save them on your start maps.

• It is an issue I am having in a game against someone else. Their posted maps have the described attributes. I am not sure why this is. I would assume Holkann moved the “territories” that control this when making the new sektor files. And if he did so those icons should be in the correspondingly named territories on my map.

• @a44bigdog:

And while I may be seeming like a pain, I have a lot of experience modding games and such in the past and am trying to provide all the trouble shooting I can so that a finalized version without bugs can be provided as soon as possible.

No, you’re completely right, this is exactly what this thread is for, so tnx for the feedback :)

@a44bigdog:

It is an issue I am having in a game against someone else. Their posted maps have the described attributes. I am not sure why this is. I would assume Holkann moved the “territories” that control this when making the new sektor files. And if he did so those icons should be in the correspondingly named territories on my map.

What I think has happened is that you used your old start.aam file with the latest AA50 module files. This resulted in your starting flags being misplaced, as the board had changed its layout. Remember that the unit icons in an .aam file only remember their position on the screen (as in xth pixel on the yth row), completely independent from the .bmp and .sek files, which define the appearance and behaviour of the map (e.g. territory z is green and belongs to USA) (while actually those 2 files are also completely independent).

Your opponent though had the latest .aam file, and didn’t change it, so hence the confusion.
    Could this explain the situation you had?

@Cmdr:

I don’t have to email them, they are map files so the site will let me upload them.

Just change the file name to start (in other words, delete the 1941 and 1942) when you paste them into the appropriate file folders so they over write the old ones and all the pieces should be in neat, orderly, columns.

Yet another tnx are in place :)

• Allright, work’s done, updated version in 1st post of this thread (since I’m expecting no more major changes :) ).

• sets off to try and break it    :-D

Null Perspiration Holkann!  All I did was beatification, you did the hard work of getting it coded right!

• uh… a few more minor errors i think. I think the symbol for Trans-Jordan when hovering Trans-Jordan is Trj, but when hovering Italian NO next to it it is Tra.

the chart in the bottom right lists fighter’s movement as 4/5*… it should be 4/6*

a bit more significant… I think the labels for “Black Sea Seazone (BLA/Z16)” and “East Mediterranean SZ (EMD/Z15)” are swapped.  For a while there I was confused why Italy should need to control the Black Sea for its NO but the the East Med!  Thanks!

• @Stoney229:

uh… a few more minor errors i think. I think the symbol for Trans-Jordan when hovering Trans-Jordan is Trj, but when hovering Italian NO next to it it is Tra.

the chart in the bottom right lists fighter’s movement as 4/5*… it should be 4/6*

a bit more significant… I think the labels for “Black Sea Seazone (BLA/Z16)” and “East Mediterranean SZ (EMD/Z15)” are swapped.  For a while there I was confused why Italy should need to control the Black Sea for its NO but the the East Med!  Thanks!

It is a very keen eye you have! But you missed the sub’s attack upgrade wasn’t shown :p Anyway, things are fixed.

@a44bigdog:

sets off to try and break it    :-D

crosses fingers and hopes it holds :roll:

@Cmdr:

Null Perspiration Holkann!  All I did was beatification, you did the hard work of getting it coded right!

Lol, needed wikipedia to understand this sentence; you’re welcome :). Who did you make a Saint btw?

Beautification, way to pounce on a misspelled word. :P

So the sea zones and the super submarine upgrade has been repaired?

• Well I guess I could mention that in the NOs North West Europe is den and in the hover it is nwe or that Borneo is brn in one place and bor in another

but I think those are small enough issues to let slide.  :-D

They confused me at first, but if you are not playing illegally and actually own the game, then you have a rule book to refer too.

• also ukr is listed twice when hovering Germany’s NO… again no big deal

• @a44bigdog:

Well I guess I could mention that in the NOs North West Europe is den and in the hover it is nwe or that Borneo is brn in one place and bor in another

but I think those are small enough issues to let slide.  :-D

Blast, you did brake it (even though just a little  8-) ). And it’s minor, true, but fixed nonetheless (life would be much easier if I wasn’t a perfectionist in some ways ;) ).

@Stoney229:

also ukr is listed twice when hovering Germany’s NO… again no big deal

Check!

@Cmdr:

So the sea zones and the super submarine upgrade has been repaired?

Yes, just as the double Ukr and Bor/Brn or Den/Nwe.

What file controls that, Holkann?  I’ve kind of edited my map considerably and it’s a continual work in progress, same with my toolpieces.  I’m trying to make ABattlemap prettier so we can get the art addicts off TripleA and return them to the one true path of Battlemap!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m