• the icons were not going to the correct areas on the bottom of the map. After placing any icon on the bottom of the map Abattlemap crashed.

• From the flames of Europe site.

One can use also in-scanned maps between 1000x500 and 2000x1000
    (the ratio does not have to be 2:1)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

That actually works marvelously.

Love the new Russian flag too, btw.

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

That actually works marvelously.

Love the new Russian flag too, btw.

Excellent Map, Thanks HolKann for putting it together.

Just an aside, I disagree with Jen, Russian flag should be the sickle and hammer, they were commies, and nothing says commie like the sickle and hammer.  :-D :-D

• :cry:  Keep the Hammer & sickle!!!        :lol:

You can copy the old toolpieces and put them back in the folder, Jeff

• Well so far looks like I am the only one this is not working for. As soon as I minimize battlemap the program crashes.

I have not tried to minimize it.  I know it crashes when you play around in the new area too long, so save often when using that area.

• @a44bigdog:

Well so far looks like I am the only one this is not working for. As soon as I minimize battlemap the program crashes.

@Cmdr:

I have not tried to minimize it.  I know it crashes when you play around in the new area too long, so save often when using that area.

There was a little bug, sry  :oops:
    Should be fixed now (the .MAP file wasn’t neatly sync’d with the .bmp).

@jeffdestroyer:

:cry:   Keep the Hammer & sickle!!!        :lol:

They are there, you just have to have a really good look ;)

Ow, and thanks for all the help you guys gave: toolpieces, bigpieces, tech drawings, VC counters… Some thing missing though is a nice photoshopped .bmp, kinda like IL’s, but I’m lacking the time and skills for now.
    However, if you like any new counters/things added/things changed to the map, now is the perfect time to ask :)

As soon as I get your blessings, I’m gonna make a 42 module and put them in the first post.

we need to redownload to get the fixed maps then I take it?

• @HolKann:

Some thing missing though is a nice photoshopped .bmp, kinda like IL’s, but I’m lacking the time and skills for now.

I will be loading my graphics programs onto this computer sometime this weekend. I can probably take care of such for us. The crash bug seems to be gone now. One thing does need to be changed however. The squares on the tech chart are only large enough to accommodate 4 flags. they need to be increased in size to handle 6 flags on the off chance all the countries acquire the same tech.

• 2007 AAR League

Shouldn’t the starting map Show Japan’s cash as 17 not 18?

• 2007 AAR League

@HolKann:

However, if you like any new counters/things added/things changed to the map, now is the perfect time to ask :)

As soon as I get your blessings, I’m gonna make a 42 module and put them in the first post.

How about a chart showing unit cost?

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

You can copy the old toolpieces and put them back in the folder, Jeff

Thanks, that’s much better.

Correct me if I am wrong, Holkann, but I think I can make cosmetic changes to the map (ie put unit costs in a sea zone or something) without screwing up the functionality of the map.

• Yes Jenn the bitmap itself as far as appearance, can be modified without affecting the functions. Changing territories or adding them which is basically what the new map has done with the chart space requires changing the sektor files as well. As long as none of the territory borders are moved everything is fine. For me the map is fine as is, and I don’t think it needs anymore stuff added to it. Spiffy pictures and all that jazz do not really add to the functionality of the map.

I just wanted to put the price charts on there.  With so many flavors of Axis and Allies and different unit abilities and prices and everything, it can get hard to keep straight.  So I fixed it up a bit.

• @Emperor:

Shouldn’t the starting map Show Japan’s cash as 17 not 18?

You’re right, will be corrected.

@Emperor:

How about a chart showing unit cost?

@Cmdr:

I just wanted to put the price charts on there.  With so many flavors of Axis and Allies and different unit abilities and prices and everything, it can get hard to keep straight.  So I fixed it up a bit.

I’ve got nothing against a price chart :) But since there’s enough room left at the bottom, I’ll add it there.

And the tech thingies should be bigger indeed.

Gonna place a new version today, with the suggested changes…

I already added a price chart, will email.

Here’s the JPG version for those who want to see it early.  (BMP is better for Holkann since it won’t be blurred.)

Note that I put it in the same general location as the one printed on the game board itself.  Also, I improved upon the game board a bit by adding in the reduced cost on some units with technology.

HolKann, if you want, feel free to change the title bar color to American Green and the rest of the chart to two shades of neutral gray (German Gray and Neutral Gray?)  Obviously the text color would have to change to Black then.  But it might “feel” more appropriate to the board.

MapIdea.jpg

• Owkey, job finished, you can download it here.

@Cmdr:

Note that I put it in the same general location as the one printed on the game board itself.

I did replace it to the lower left corner of the board, because it made the borders between the seazones disappear.

Also added to the download are the necessary SektorInfo files, so other people can create their own versions of the map without going through the hustle of creating these files by hand. Bear in mind though that it’s not a good thing if new maps contain radical changes from other maps, because then people with different maps will have a hard time knowing where the units are placed when playing against eachother.

Edit: also posted a .zip-file without the SektorInfo files in the first post of this thread, since I think the map’s fairly finished now :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m