• 2007 AAR League

I’m also using the following downloaded starting map:

• AaA1940global_a3_FinalSetup.AAM (9.76 KB - downloaded 3 times.)

• @NoMercy:

I’m also using the following downloaded starting map:

• AaA1940global_a3_FinalSetup.AAM (9.76 KB - downloaded 3 times.)

Thank you.  Your module, in this case, would be the 1940 Global one.
    Coding the location of those numbers for each territory is very tedious and most people who make the modules probably won’t find it worth their time (I don’t disagree).  Frankly, that feature in the program is not even necessary, since you can put the IPC numbers directly onto the map image.  If you would like to do this for yourself, you can open your Map.bmp file in an image-editting program such as Paint.net, add the IPC number value on each territory where you would like it to appear, and then save again as Map.bmp.  As long as you don’t change anything else on the map (namely the location of the borders), it will not adversely affect your module or compatibility with playing with others who use the original map.bmp.

If you do this, you could upload your file for others to use too if they also want the IPC values displayed on their map.

Does this help?

• can anyone steer me in the direction of a link to the newest(or best) abattlemap map for the global game?  please and thank you.

• @katfishkris:

can anyone steer me in the direction of a link to the newest(or best) abattlemap map for the global game?  please and thank you.

I wouldn’t know - but if you go to the PBF board and look for some players  playing a global game, you could ask them on their game thread.  I don’t even know what the latest global axis & allies game is, but if you’re looking for global 1940, they’ll probably call that “G40”.  (Perhaps this shows how behind the times I am)

• katfishkris - I remember you from a few years ago…

Everyone in the league uses Triple A now.  You can get it easily by going to tripleasourceforge.net

You should read my list of rules that Triple A does not correctly observe.  The good news is, it is easy to use edit mode to take care of these differences when they come up

Triple A problems.doc

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Long live battlemap!  Down with the tripleA pretendership! :P

There a D-Day module for AAA?

• I am sure there is Jen.
    I downloaded it to check. Looked the same game, so switched off.

• @Cmdr:

I like Battlemap and miss it also. I especially like the Forum dice better than the TripleA dice engine. Seems like TripleA rolls strings of numbers rather being truly random.

@Commando:

@Cmdr:

I like Battlemap and miss it also. I especially like the Forum dice better than the TripleA dice engine. Seems like TripleA rolls strings of numbers rather being truly random.

The problem comes in collecting enough data to prove it though.

Seen a lot of battles where one side has 5% odds to “win” but that win is supposed to be 1 maybe 2 units left and they come out next to unscathed while the attacker dies to whithering fire.  Almost makes you want to take the 95% odd from a calculator for all battles (round down) lol

• @Cmdr:

@Commando:

@Cmdr:

Long live battlemap!�  Down with the tripleA pretendership! :P

The problem comes in collecting enough data to prove it though.

Seen a lot of battles where one side has 5% odds to “win” but that win is supposed to be 1 maybe 2 units left and they come out next to unscathed while the attacker dies to whithering fire.  Almost makes you want to take the 95% odd from a calculator for all battles (round down) lol

Collecting data is not the only way to prove it.  Just find out (e.g. by asking the developers or looking at code) how the “random” numbers are being generated.  I’m no expert, but by my understanding, the characteristics you describe are typical of pseudorandom number generation (a computer program is generating the random number).  That is, you should be getting a random distribution of numbers given enough rolls, but the particular sequence of the numbers may not be truly random (given a first roll of number N, the probability distribution between N and non-N numbers on the next roll is not truly random).  This method is very easy to code (you can learn how to write a program to do it in a couple hours with no prior programming experience), but it is not good for axis and allies dice purposes.

The only way of generating truly random digits is by harvesting data from entropy using special hardware.  One way of doing this without actually generating the data in real-time is by having a huge database of a random sequence of numbers which were generated using a truly random number generator.  This database can be built into the software and the numbers can be retrieved instead of generated when an instance calls for it.  I think this is how conquerclub generates their dice rolls, and may be how the forum dice roller here works as well.

I recall reading a post somewhere on this forum which explains how to call the dice on the forum, and it may explain how the dice numbers are generated.  I don’t know if you can find the relevant counterpart for TripleA.

• When talking about the “Triple A dice engine” don’t forget that in forum games triple a usually gets the dice results from
    dice.tripleawarclub.org .

Maybe it is just in games player versus AI where the “built-in” dice engine is used.

• @Cmdr:

This is the d-day module for abattlemap http://www.axisandallies.us/add/ADD.zip I believe its also packed into the Abattlemapmap installer found at www.abattlemap.com : http://www.mediafire.com/file/w05zwkxji5w/ABattleMap_Installer.exe be careful as when installing this version it may have a different version of some modules and may overwrite them… so backup all your .gim folders before installing and just replace the ones that got messed up with your backup folders

• @TMTM:

@Cmdr:

This is the d-day module for abattlemap http://www.axisandallies.us/add/ADD.zip I believe its also packed into the Abattlemapmap installer found at www.abattlemap.com : http://www.mediafire.com/file/w05zwkxji5w/ABattleMap_Installer.exe be careful as when installing this version it may have a different version of some modules and may overwrite them… so backup all your .gim folders before installing and just replace the ones that got messed up with your backup folders

I think it shouldn’t overwrite anything, but it’s good to back up just in case.

Thanks TMTM

• Abattlemap 1942 2nd Ed. http://axisandallies.us/422.zip - updated 12/29/2013

• Reinstalled ABattlemap because it doesn’t allow me to use: “List Units” on the View bar. But it still doesn’t work. Do I need this anyway? What does it do?

• @Foxman:

Reinstalled ABattlemap because it doesn’t allow me to use: “List Units” on the View bar. But it still doesn’t work. Do I need this anyway? What does it do?

It’s been a long, long time, but as far as I remember you should manually delete the ABattlemap.ini. It will be recreated on the next program start.
    You should be fine then.

• @P@nther:

@Foxman:

Reinstalled ABattlemap because it doesn’t allow me to use: “List Units” on the View bar. But it still doesn’t work. Do I need this anyway? What does it do?

It’s been a long, long time, but as far as I remember you should manually delete the ABattlemap.ini. It will be recreated on the next program start.
    You should be fine then.

Ok thx P@nther

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m