• '10

Thanks a44    I combed over the pacific, player help and software forums as I knew ogrebait was looking for this in Jan/Feb. Somehow I didnt see this . +1 to you

• I just noticed Holkann included my China mod in his pack. Thanks, Holkann! You can include also 1942 scenario module for that mod, that’s in my signature

Great job!

• Any plans on making the AA42 Battlemap and the up and coming AAP40 and AAE40 maps when they come out???

• I think they have 42 about finalized now. Look in this thread.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15004.0

I am sure when AAP40 and AAE40 come out some one will do a module for them.

• I can’t seem to open any AA50 using Abattlemap…

can someone help me?

I can open the program, edit everything, open '42 and '41, save it all, but I cannot open any saved files or downloaded files. It simply opens to Axis and Allies (Original?) start, regardless of what I open. I don’t know what to do. I have reinstalled it 3 times now.

• cts17, try opening battlemap and then opening the downloaded or saved file. And by that I mean clicking on the File button at the top left inside of battlemap. Just double clicking the saved files results in battlemap just opening for some reason.

• Changed the concept of this thread a little…

• @HolKann:

Changed the concept of this thread a little…

Really great work, HolKann, thank you.

What I found out comparing the modules with older ones is, that in some of the scenario.gim folders the file “Toolpieces.txt” is missing (for example in A50.gim and A51.gim).
    Bug or feature?

Thank you :-)

• @P@nther:

What I found out comparing the modules with older ones is, that in some of the scenario.gim folders the file “Toolpieces.txt” is missing (for example in A50.gim and A51.gim).
    Bug or feature?

Bug I guess, but it’s not one I’m getting. I downloaded and installed everything in D:\Test\ABattleMap, and all modules worked fine. The Toolpieces.txt in A50.gim and A51.gim were present, so something went different on our respective computers… Using Vista basic by the way, but normally the version of Windows shouldn’t matter (dunnow if it also works on OSX or Linux though).

• @HolKann:

@P@nther:

Bug or feature?

Bug I guess, but it’s not one I’m getting. I downloaded and installed everything in D:\Test\ABattleMap, and all modules worked fine. The Toolpieces.txt in A50.gim and A51.gim were present, so something went different on our respective computers… Using Vista basic by the way, but normally the version of Windows shouldn’t matter (dunnow if it also works on OSX or Linux though).

As I found out it seems to be a bug in the 7-zip-file-manager. What I did to compare the modules was to open the AModulePack.exe with the 7-zip-file-manager. When you click through the directories then you will fail to find the Toolpieces.txt in some *.gim-subfolders. I can reproduce this issue everytime I open the AModulePack.exe this way.

When installing the AModulePack.exe - as you said - all files are present.

Strange - but nothing the A&A community should worry about…

:-)

• @Cmdr:

A shell is a virtual system that is totally encapsulated to protect the rest of your system from a program and to allow it to run on an operating system it was not designed for.

The problem is, macs and their proprietary (as in not boxed and shipped to every software development firm to use for making new software compatible) operating systems have never been, exactly, user friendly or very prolific in the personal computer market, thus, there never was a plethora of programs written to write on their systems.  Windows gave away code needed to write programs that would work with it.  Added to the incentives they gave computer retailers to sell their OS you had a situation where everyone could use windows because it was so user friendly, AND it was universally recognized as the go to operating system that just about every program has been written specifically for windows first and other operating systems later if the developers felt like it.

I’m pretty sure OS10 has a program in it already that will run rudimentary dos based programs.  Remember, ABattlemap is designed to run on just about any computer from 1985 on.

Hello all, I’m new to the forum, and I have a mac. I downloaded a DOS emulator and it says that I need win32. Does anyone have any help for me? Much appreciated.

• @scottish:

@Cmdr:

A shell is a virtual system that is totally encapsulated to protect the rest of your system from a program and to allow it to run on an operating system it was not designed for.

The problem is, macs and their proprietary (as in not boxed and shipped to every software development firm to use for making new software compatible) operating systems have never been, exactly, user friendly or very prolific in the personal computer market, thus, there never was a plethora of programs written to write on their systems.  Windows gave away code needed to write programs that would work with it.  Added to the incentives they gave computer retailers to sell their OS you had a situation where everyone could use windows because it was so user friendly, AND it was universally recognized as the go to operating system that just about every program has been written specifically for windows first and other operating systems later if the developers felt like it.

I’m pretty sure OS10 has a program in it already that will run rudimentary dos based programs.  Remember, ABattlemap is designed to run on just about any computer from 1985 on.

Hello all, I’m new to the forum, and I have a mac. I downloaded a DOS emulator and it says that I need win32. Does anyone have any help for me? Much appreciated.

I found this on Flames of Europe (the site where ABattleMap has it’s origin):

http://www.flames-of-europe.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1043

HTH :-)

• I think we need a box marker for the options: tech, NOs, interceptors and Back Sea closed. I Also think it would be good add a dummie (neutral?) country for those markers, for air movement markers and for damage counters. Sometimes you capture ICs or aa guns in chinese territories as allies and that can confuse the things a bit …

• @HolKann:

ABattleMap Modules

Intro:
    A quick tutorial on using ABattleMap:

• Navigating is done by holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse.
    • Placing new units in a territory is done by left clicking on the desired unit in the ToolBar window, and then left clicking in the desired territory. To place 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To place 10 units at a time, hold CTRL.
    • Deleting units is done by clicking the middle mouse button on the desired unit, or by changing the mouse function to delete by clicking “DEL” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window. To delete 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To delete 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To get back to the default mouse function, click “ESC” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Moving units from from a territory to another is done by dragging them with the left mouse button. To drag 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To drag 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To drag a whole stack of units, hold CTRL+SHIFT.
    • Undoing a recent action is done by clicking “UNDO” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Zooming in is done by pressing “+” on the numpad. Zooming out is done by pressing “-” on the numpad.
    • Recovering the InfoView and ToolBar window after they mysteriously disappeared is done by removing the “ABattleMap.ini” file from your ABattleMap folder (default: C:\Program Files\ABattleMap).

Sorry if this has been posted (I don’t want to read 17 pages in this thread).  This program doesn’t seem to work great at all.  You can’t do production or anything.  I don’t get it.

• @WTFchris:

Sorry if this has been posted (I don’t want to read 17 pages in this thread).  This program doesn’t seem to work great at all.  You can’t do production or anything.  I don’t get it.

Maybe it does not do what you expect it to do. ABattleMap is “only” a substitution for everything you will find in the board game box. It is not intended to be a computer game.
    So people use it instead of the real boardgame to have a comfortable way to exchange their maps in forum games. See the Play Boardgames - section of this Board:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=40.0
    to learn more about the use of ABattlemap.

• @WTFchris:

@HolKann:

ABattleMap Modules

Intro:
    A quick tutorial on using ABattleMap:

• Navigating is done by holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse.
    • Placing new units in a territory is done by left clicking on the desired unit in the ToolBar window, and then left clicking in the desired territory. To place 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To place 10 units at a time, hold CTRL.
    • Deleting units is done by clicking the middle mouse button on the desired unit, or by changing the mouse function to delete by clicking “DEL” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window. To delete 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To delete 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To get back to the default mouse function, click “ESC” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Moving units from from a territory to another is done by dragging them with the left mouse button. To drag 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To drag 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To drag a whole stack of units, hold CTRL+SHIFT.
    • Undoing a recent action is done by clicking “UNDO” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Zooming in is done by pressing “+” on the numpad. Zooming out is done by pressing “-” on the numpad.
    • Recovering the InfoView and ToolBar window after they mysteriously disappeared is done by removing the “ABattleMap.ini” file from your ABattleMap folder (default: C:\Program Files\ABattleMap).

Sorry if this has been posted (I don’t want to read 17 pages in this thread).  This program doesn’t seem to work great at all.  You can’t do production or anything.  I don’t get it.

Try TripleA. It’s a proper software game.

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/TripleA

• On Flames-of-Europe Atilla provides an update from ABattleMap 0.79f to 0.80.

I do not know what was wrong with 0.79f but 0.80 seems to be needed for his P40-modules.

… just to let you know.

See http://www.flames-of-europe.de/

• This thread no longer seems to be related specifically to Anniversary Edition.  Should it be moved?

• @Stoney229:

This thread no longer seems to be related specifically to Anniversary Edition.  Should it be moved?

It never was only about Anniversary edition.

Battlemap is a map program for all versions of A&A.

Please do not move this thread, it is fine (and needed) where it is now.

• @axis_roll:

@Stoney229:

This thread no longer seems to be related specifically to Anniversary Edition.  Should it be moved?

It never was only about Anniversary edition.

Battlemap is a map program for all versions of A&A.

Please do not move this thread, it is fine (and needed) where it is now.

Yes, it was originally about the A50/A51 ABattlemap modules, but now it is about ABattlemap modules in general (The first post has been changed).  New players who were introduced to A&A by A42 or P40 and have no interest Anniversary Edition would likely never find this thread on their own: it seems to fit better in the “Software” board or on one of the “Play by Forum” boards.  I am baffled that you feel it is needed here in the Anniversary board when it seems (to me) no more appropriate here than on any other board dedicated to a specific AA edition.  Anyway - I mean no offense, just trying to offer a suggestion.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m