• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

But then, I’d also want the board blown up to 2X size and placed on a lighted table with different LEDs that I can switch to change the color of the territory to the owning nations color.

Also, under the table should be a keg-erator with a spigot as well, I would think.

Lets have the tournament at your house. I’d totally show out for a board that glorious :D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Black_Elk:

But then, I’d also want the board blown up to 2X size and placed on a lighted table with different LEDs that I can switch to change the color of the territory to the owning nations color.

Also, under the table should be a keg-erator with a spigot as well, I would think.

Lets have the tournament at your house. I’d totally show out for a board that glorious :D

I’ve been working on it.  Don’t have the electronics, but I did get all the plywood I need.  Sanding it and getting it ready, just need someone to screen print the board into glass and then I need to get a pvc protective cover for the top so that scratches don’t ruin the board!

Love the idea from that monopoly game with the cabinet drawers.  Gunna do that for the pieces here.

Still need someone to make the pieces though and of course, those combat dice will be needed that area always advertised!

not gunna be a very portable game though. hehe

• Its easy… you print the AA50 map i made then drill holes in the borders with different colored LED that are fitted in at the bottom and wired together. Then each territory has a switch for on plus one of 5 colors that lights up so you can change the color. When its your turn all your territories will light up in your color so you can count what is yours. When you capture a territory, you just slide the color switch to the appropriate color. Of course it would take time to create all the jumpers and switches.

• Gamer,

I mean, come on, IL, double the cost and they couldn’t afford decent quality plastic?  Even for 600 pieces?  I mean this is supposed to be a COLLECTOR’S edition, for goodness sake . . .

I will be addressing this in a future thread.

Cmdr Jennifer,

I don’t know you enough to know if you’re serious about this, but if you are indeed working on this, Please POST PICTURES.  It will serve as a future reference point to other aspiring gamers who want to build their own war room board.

• @Imperious:

perhaps with over 600 plastic pieces they figured:

“Quantity has a quality all its own.” :roll:

you’re not taking suggestions from Joseph Stalin are you?? :lol: :lol:

• I used somebodies signature line when he asked about the quantity and blasted the quality. So i cleverly used the tag line to remind him of perhaps what WOTC passes for quality.

• IL, that YouTube video on your signature line is HILARIOUS!!! :lol:

• The funny part to me the the little kids voice…“eeeeuuuuuuwwwwwww… that’s gross”…and the mom laughing at the moment. Its like the shock value of thinking your takings your kids to a wholesome environment at the zoo only to see this debauchery.

• @Gamer:

IL, that YouTube video on your signature line is HILARIOUS!!! :lol:

Yuck, that is funny!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d like to just print the map onto something transparent and then shine lights from underneath.  But it would be interesting to have jumpers so that you can hit a nation’s turn, flip a switch and all their lights come on as well.

My original thought was a map with only a light blue film for ocean, all other territories just clear, that way each light could be lit for your nation when you control the territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m