Minor Axis & Allied Powers

• Now that AA50 has made China & Italy “official”, what’s next?

I’m planning some rule elements for minor axis and allied powers.  Nothing too complex, but aimed at adding some wrinkles that might make for interesting gameplay.  As I’ve noted in other posts, I’m not assuming to be an original;  :-D  some concepts may come from other games (like Xeno’s WAW), posts, etc.

Here are some initial thoughts:

POWERS ADDED:

• Minor Axis Powers: Vichy France, Finland, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria

• Minor Allied Powers: Canada, India, Australia (this is kind of already segmented in AA Pacific…)

PLAYER ASSIGNMENT?

• Depends on how large the game group. Each group of minor powers could be played by 1 player, thus allowing for 2 more people to play, making for a total of 9 players - God Bless if you can pull this off!  (US, UK, Russia, China, Minor Allied /  Germany, Italy, Japan, Minor Axis).  Next default would be German player controls Minor Axis Powers and UK player controls Minor Allied powers.

WHERE TO UTILIZE:

• This concept is probably best suited for those adhoc maps that tend to be larger in size and offer a greater amount of territories (like the famous Deaths Head/Postronica maps in the"Variants" thread).  This creates the “space” to introduce minor forces.

HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE UNITS:

• Probably need to pull from Table Tactics, The War Game and original MB AA.  May need to spray paint some units to further separate.

STARTING SET UP:

• Using The Chronological Atlas of World War Two by Charles Messenger as a starting reference…

• Thinking to use ~June 1942 to approximate each minor powers set up location and strength.

• “Additional” units added to existing set up would be minimal, so as not to create a total mess.  Assumption is that many starting set ups (like “Balkans” in AA Revised or “Romamia” in AAE) already take minor powers’ stength into account with the German set up.  The idea would be to “break out” the minor axis power from Germany in the set up.  So starting units in “Romania” territory might be “2” Romanian Infantry + “1” German Infantry, “1” German Armor.  This would result in a mix of 2 different unit colors in a single territory.

STARTING INCOME:

• Need to do some homework to see what makes sense.  Unlike unit set up, I don’t think reducing Germany’s IPC and reallocating to Minor Axis will work.  On the other hand, can’t overload Axis IPC potential…

• Do the IPCs for Minor powers get treated as lump sum with spending left up to the controlling player, or further classified by nation?  In other words, is it “20” IPCs for Minor Axis, with purchase power left to the playre or “4” Bulgaria, “6” Finland, etc for a total of “20”.  I believe there needs to be some limit for each country, or else the controlling playercould dump the total IPCs int one nation and things could get skewed.

IPC COLLECTION:

• The Minor Axis and Minor Allied players cannot increase IPC level through conquest - Essentially, their IPC value is fixed for however long they survive in the game.  Any IPCs gained through territories taken over go towards the income of either Germany (Minor Axis) or UK (Minor Allied).  So if Finland has a starting IPC income of “6”, then they will collect “6” IPCs at the end of every turn, provided their "home country is not taken over by the Allies - in this case, Finland is out of the game.  If Finland took control of Leningrad (either by itself, or in conjunction with German forces), the IPCs gained wold be added to Germnays IPC total.

• This implies that these powers are truley “Minor” and without proper support from their Major power, they will be quickly eliminated.  Their core resources are limted, but they act as IPC gainers for their Major power.

UNIT COST & STRENGTH:

• Need to do some research on what the Minor powers brought to the table in the way of materiel - Infantry, Armor, Artillery and Fighters are the most likely.  Naval units would probably be limited.

• In my own house rules, unit cost varies by nation (Similar to The War Game aand Xeno…).  This would need to be applied to minor powers to help “normalize” their contribution potential (i.e Bulgaira should not show up with a fleet of carriers…).

• Another approach is to have some units “off limits” for minor powers.  This would need some research because Finland and Australia should not be bound by the same unit limitations --> I’m thinking that varying unit cost by nation is a better way to manage this…

• Unit strength may also need to be reconsidered by nation.  Would armor from Bulgaria have the same movement/attack/defense as armor from Russia or even Germany?  Again, some research is needed, but it seems that the Minor powers would not be on the same production/technology track as the core Axis and Alled powers.

NEW UNIT PLACEMENT

• Again, rules may need to differ between Minor Axis and Minor Allied:

• For Minor Axis, no Industrial Complex options.  New units purchased are placed on Minor Powers “home” nation.

• For Minor Allied, keep existing set ups (Complex in India, Complex in Australia, Complex in Eastern Canada)

ORDER OF PLAY

• Simple option is that Minor Axis goes same time as Germany.  Minor Allied goes same time as UK.

• Other option is Axis all go at same time then Allies all go at same time.

OTHER ThINGS TO CONSIDER

• Speical rules for Vichy France?  Like “Surrender….”
    • National Advantages for Minors? Like “Oil from Romania…”
    • Diplomacy? Like “Vichy scuttles their navy…”

These are the quick things I’ve pulled together, but plan on working through some details next few days.

If someone has some house rules they already employ or if you have some other thoughts, feel free to share…

I’ll add to this post as I do my homework.

• This is great info -  I will check out your posts in Pacific.

My initial thought was to cut off how deep I go with minor powers as it could really get complicated and erode game play.  The countires I originally listed seemed to have a level of contribution that could be measured in terms of:

(a) Were sizeable enough to have been able to form an Army…

(b) Show up in reference books that diagram troop movement in major battles…

© If they failed - they could cause the major power some grief (an example would be the collapse of the 3rd and 4th Romanian Armies during the Russian operation “Uranus” which doomed German General Paulus and the 6th Army).  Some of the material I’ve looked at shows the Hungarian 3rd Army involved in the Balkans campaign; Karelian Army (under Mannerheim) and the Romaninan army involved in Barbarossa, etc.

Based on this concept, I thought the minor powers I listed could be significant enough to contribute units on the game board and have some measure of IPC impact.  If the country was a pure “supply” power and fielded minimal troops, then I crossed it off.  It’s kind of like what Italy is to Germany - nothing close to a “major power”, but - if played well - can make a difference.  Essentially, these minor axis powers are the next layer of strategic/economic impact after Italy.  If the rules are balanced properly, these minor powers should add an interesting element, but not be the sole cause for winning/losing the game.

I agree that this concept for Minor Allied powers is handled under the UK Commonwealth and somehwhat detailed in AAP - the idea may be how to break that out more and provide some additonal consequences/risk for the Allies if one of these “home” counties were to fall (Canada / Austrailia / India).

Your advice about limiting/staging unit purchases is well taken - revising costs gets too complicated.

Appreciate the input - I will post rule ideas along the way - so please feel free to comment.

• Customizer

I divide China, with the USSR controlling the CCP in the north.

Finland, Vichy France (and colonies) and Romania I give to Italy which seems absurdly weak in AA50. This also allows “Italy” to feed units into the eastern front more directly.

To be historically more correct, the Vichy units should be allowed to fight in defence only.

Australia (and all other UK Pacific territories) are controlled by the USA in the 1942 scenario, as they were by this time placed under MacArthur’s SWP command.

Indian and Canadian units were under UK control for the duration.

All these open new possibilities for Victory cities and IC placements.

• @Flashman:

I divide China, with the USSR controlling the CCP in the north.

this one is good
    I would try that

gameplay wise we can now increase IPC of China without making it too strong for Japan to take on
    historic wise is cool because Russian influence is one reason why KMT didn’t attack CCP all out

but not exactly north
    central and north west

• hes reading my rules for China. thats what i got. KMT is USA controlled

Communists Chinese play on Soviet turn.

• actually I am just slow
    I don’t have the game AA50 and haven’t read AA50HE

to be fair to him
    he did have CCP/KMT split in one of his maps

• Flashman didn’t make a AA50 map. Bluestroke did

unless your talking about revised maps.

• Customizer

He’s referring to the map linked at the bottom of my sig.

I’ve had Russia/CCP for ages.

By the way, the two Chinese factions are allowed to fight each other, even if USA and USSR are allied…

• Below is a first pass at rules for Minor A&A Powers.  I appreciate the feedback so far and have taken a few of those comments into account.  Again, the goal is to add a simple dynamic that offers some additional historical significance but keeps the game fast-paced and fun….

I have used the “Deaths Head” (originally “Postronica”) variant map as the basis for these rules and set up chart work (which can be found in the post under the “variants” section).  This game variant offers a map with enough territory breakouts to make this rule idea worth playing.  I have prepared updated set up charts and IPC alloctions which I will post later this week.

Ideas to adopt to AAE and AA50 will be connsidered next…

MINOR POWERS:

• Minor Allied Powers: Canada, India, Australia, Free French

PLAYER ASSIGNMENT:

• German player controls Minor Axis powers
    • Separate player controls Minor Allied Powers or UK player controls Minor Allied powers

So effectively, you can manage up to a 7-player game (assumes China is played by US player):

(3 players) Axis players: Germany/Minor Axis; Japan; Italy
    (4 players) Allied players: US/China; UK; Minor Allies; Soviet Union

ORDER OF PLAY:

Germany and Minor Axis go during the same turn.  UK and Minor Allies go during the same turn.

1. Germany/Minor Axis
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. UK/Minor Allies
    5. Italy
    6. USA/China

UNIT SETUP (based on Deaths Head version in the “variant” section of the forum) :

I will post complete “before and after” set up charts in MS Excel format later this week which will help make this section simple to understand, but in summary:

AXIS: Revised the initial unit set up in some territories to include a mix of German and Minor Axis units in the same territories.  To give these Minor Axis powers some life, the total starting units in these territories was increased.  To keep game balance, several of the Soviet Union territories starting units were also increased.  I went to the reference books to try and keep the Minor Powers’ armament somewhat realistic (so no naval units except for Vichy; no fighters for Finland, etc.)

Germany:

• Reduced the direct German unit presence in Finland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and North Africa and Vichy France.

Romania / Bulgaria / Finland / Hungary / Vichy France:

• Established a set up chart for these countries.
    • Bulgaria also has some starting units in Greece (as does Italy).
    • Hungary also has some starting units in Yugoslavia.
    • Vichy France has units in Vichy France and several North African territories.

Here is an example for Romania:

Original Deaths Head “Romania” set up for German player:
    3 Infantry / 1 Armor

Revised Romania set up utilizing Minor Axis:
    Germany units: 1 Infantry / 1 Armor
    Romanian units: 2 Infantry / 1 Artillary / 1 Armor / 1 Fighter

So total unit count is up, but as I mentioned, Soviet units were beefed up to prevent an imbalance.

ALLIES: With the exception of adding in Free French units, most of the Canadian, Australian and Indian set ups are the same as Deaths Head variant.  The difference is that these units have now been broken out and act as their own independent “nation.” (similar to AAP…)  For land and air units there are a few instances of mixing UK units and Indian or Australian units, especially in North Africa.  For naval units, a bulk of the set up are considered UK units - so most of the pacific navy is “UK”, with the exception of transports, which are assigned to the separate Minor Allied powers.

OVERALL RULES FOR MINOR AXIS POWERS:

• Germany receives posted IPC value for each Minor Axis territory (as in standard game play); provided it has not been conquered by an Allied army.

• Germany is not required to have any units in these territories to collect the IPC value (as in standard game play)

• If the Minor Axis territory is conquered by an Allied army, Germany no longer collects this income value (as in standard game play).

• Minor Axis powers collect a fixed IPC amount at the end of their turn, regardless of whether they conquered any Allied territories. (I will post the chart later this week)

• Increase in IPC value for territories conquered by Minor Axis powers are applied to Germany only.  This is true whether the Minor Axis power conquered the territory by itself or in conjunction
      with German units.

• Minor Axis IPCs cannot be shared with other Minor Axis powers or with Germany.

• Minor Axis powers must always leave at least 1 unit in their capital nation.  In the case of Vichy France, this includes the territories labeled “Vichy France” and “Tunisia”.

• Finland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria must always have a direct supply line back to their home nation at the end of their turn.  This direct line can be fulfilled by German units.  This rule does not apply to Vichy France.

• Some units are not eligible for purchase by Minor Axis powers as noted in the set up charts (blacked out). Minor Axis powers cannot build Industrial Complexes.

• New units are always placed in the Minor Axis Power’s home nation.

• Vichy French units may only defend, they may never attack.

Axis Summary:  Minor Axis powers offer add’l IPC value and units, so Germany will have to manage these countires carefully n order to not lose this benefit…

OVERALL RULES FOR MINOR AXIS POWERS:

• Minor Allied powers operate as stand alone nations.  They can build all unit types, including complexes.

• The IPCs for UK, Canada, Australia and India must be managed individually.

• Except for the Convoy IPC sharing listed below, the IPCs must be used by their respective nation.

• The 9 IPCS linked to the (4) British convoys located in the Indian and Pacific oceans can be allocated to either India or Australia as deemed by the UK player (or kept and used directly by the UK player). The 3 IPCs linked to the British Convoy located near New Foundland can be allocated to Canada as deemed by the UK player (or kept and used by the UK player).

• Each Minor Allied power must place starting units in its own IC.  Minor powers cannot place starting units in each others ICs.

• Each Minor power may place up to 2 units in a UK IC.

• The UK may place their units in a Minor Powers’ IC, up to the value of that IC territory.

• Free French collect no income.  Any conquests by Free French troops are added to the UK players IPC value.

Allies Summary:  IPC values and risk are a little more divded so the UK player must make some crucial decions about unit allocation and IPC sharing via the “convoy” rule.

I will post the set up charts and IPC table later this week.  I have provided a reconciliation of all changes so you can offer feedback on what works and what’s out of line.  I will be playtesting for the first time this weekend…I’m sure there will need to be some changes made…

This is a high level summary, but I’m interested in any initial thoughts.

• cant comment yet… lets see your proposed placements for both sides.

• Okay…here’s the first pass for AA w/ Minor Powers.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

I will be running the first game with this rules version this weekend and will report back…

Apprecite the ideas from the earlier posts…I used some of them in this “version 1…”

Attached are two links for download:

1. Link to “Axis and Allies Global War Map” which is the Deaths Head variant map I based the Minor Powers set up charts on (for your reference).  Essentially, the Minor Powers rules are a variant of this variant.  This is a great map (even according to Flashman’s rating system!  :-D) which offers a good number of territories that I think make the Minor Powers variant I am suggesting viable.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=txzm20m1inm&thumb=4

1. Link to “AA w/ Minor Powers” folder which contains (2) MS Excel files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f209fe65b016190991b20cc0d07ba4d2a8a1a6316787b5b1

“AA Reconciliation for Minor Power 12 08 08”  Excel file.

REVIEW THIS ONE FIRST….

This file provides a complete IPC and Unit variance reconciliation between Deaths Head original set up and Minor Powers set up.  This is for all of you to review and scrutinize.  While game play will ultimately determine whether things work, you all may come across something that requires an immediate fix.

Spend a minute and get used to the flow of this Excel file, as they are a little “heavy.” (Germany and UK are the tougher ones to follow initially.)  I listed the Original Deaths Head Set Up and the Revised set up.  I included a reconciliation column and highlighted changes in red font for each nation.  I also totaled the IPC value of all unit changes for reference.  This should be a good tool in determining is something is way off.

A few things to note:

a) These set up charts also include Cruiser, Fortification and Mech. Infantry units.  Prior to the Minor Powers set up, I previously posted a version of Deaths Head set up which incorporated these three unit types.  I’ve left these unit types in as an aspect of the Minor Powers version.

b) Finland / Bulgaria / Hungary / Romania units were adjusted to give these Minor Powers some playability.  To maintain game balance, I beefed up Soviet Union units along the Eastern Front.

c) Free French / UK / Canada / Australia / India units added to North Africa to give these Minor Allied powers some historic presence in North Africa.  I increased units for Germany and Italy to maintain game balance.

d) Some slight increase to Japanese naval units in the Pacific based on adding in Free French naval units in the Pacific.

e) Overall, Free French Naval Units offset by Vichy French Naval units.

f) Total IPCs remain in balance between Axis and Allied nations.

g) Allow China to directly collect 9 IPCs (original version had this collections part of US income)

h) The key strategic/fun element of this version I believe is the IPC allocation of the Minor Powers:

• Axis Minor powers collect a fixed amount if IPCs and also contribute to Germanys total IPC value.  The German player would be wise not to treat these guys like dogs – Germany needs to carefully manage how they support these Minor powers and ensure they don’t get knocked out of the game too early and risk losing a great IPC source as well as an Eastern front “reinforcement team.”

• Allied Minor powers must carefully manage their IPCs to ensure they can properly reinforce themselves (especially Australia and India in the Pacific).  The Convoy sharing rule forces the UK player to carefully think about how to spread his income across his empire and makes him guard the Pacific convoy boxes more carfully.

“AA Set Up for Minor Powers” Excel file —> This is a clean version of the set up charts, IPC allocation and rules for this version.

Hope you all get a chance to check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance…

• My test game was delayed until next weekend…

I’ll post an after action report on this wariant at that time.

Anyone else have a chnage to reivew the materials?

• '16 '15 '10

I’d say that in future variants of the game United Kingdom should control India, Austraila, etc but there should be starting factories there to make for greater game realism.

I think the solution for a larger A and A game is a 7 player set-up, where Italy (now called “Other Axis Nations”) gets control of Romania/Bulgaria/Hungary as well as Finland.  Now the 3rd Axis is a pretty significant role.  At the same time I would add heft to China to make it a larger player, but still the least important role.  Perhaps the small amounts of Free French, Belgian, and Dutch forces located in Africa and Oceania can also be given to the Chinese player.

Vichy France was a neutral, but it would be nice to have some areas on the board where the Allies have to attack and kill Vichy France troops (I’m thinking of Syria and Algeria).

I’d rather not see Brazil or Turkey or any other nation who joined the war post 1942 included on the game board, except as a neutral to be conquered.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Honestly,

I’d like to see a version of Colonial Garrison so that England does not lose if England is taken over, instead Australia, India, Egypt and East Canada continue collecting income and England can build in those spots as if they had industrial complexes, if they lose England. (Won’t work if England has not fallen.)

• or you can just relocate your capital to an originally contolled VC,

• Long time since my last post on this thread…

I have run 5 games using the Minor Axis and Allied Powers rules posted earlier in this thread; all played on the “Deaths Head” map.

Overall, the rules work and playability is very good.  The addition of these minor powers defiently adds a nice layer of strategy without burying you in rules or adding too many additonal hours to game time.

After running these 5 games, I have made several refinements.  The set up charts worked fine - balance was good - so no changes to my previous post on unit set up.  I did revise Mech Infanty/Cruiser stats and revise unit costs to AA50 levels.  Listed below are the latest version of the rules.

I highly recomend giving them a try.

OVERALL GENERAL RULE BASE USED:

• Use AA50 rules and unit costs

• Use China rules per AA50

• Use SBR - Factory Damage rules per AA50

• Use CAP rules per AAP

• Use Naval Base, Air Base and Convoy Rules per AAP/AAE

• Use 1D6 Damage Repair rules for Battleships: Adjacent to Industrial Complex or Naval Base

• Use “Dog Fight” rules for aircraft in land battles

• Use Escort Fighters @ 1 / Defending Fighters @ 2 for SBR per AAE

MINOR POWERS:

• Minor Allied Powers: Canada, India, Australia, Free French

PLAYER ASSIGNMENT:

• German player controls Minor Axis powers
    • Separate player controls Minor Allied Powers or UK player controls Minor Allied powers

UNITS TO REPRESENT Minor Axis/Allies Powers:

• Minor Axis - I used sculpts from The War Game.  This was perfect because they are all german units types and they have multiple colors (White - Finland; Tan - Bulgaria; Gray - Vichy France; Yellow - Bulgaria; Brown - Romania) to cover the Minor Axis powers.  You could also use Xeno (they mass produced the Gemran infantry in a ton of colors); MB version of AA; or a few cans of spray paint.

• Minor Allies - Light Blue spray paint on UK scuplts for Free French.  I used green UK scuplts from AAR for India and the yellow/tan AAE UK units for Australia.  I used the standard AA50 units for the UK.  Canada used UK units with a UK roundel underneth to identify them (I will eventually spay paint each Minor Allie a distinct color).  Again, this kpt all Minor Allied units in the UK sculpt family which worked nicely.

ADDITIONAL UNITS

• Mechanized Infantry Cost: 4 / Att: 2 (3 if supported by Art) / Def: 2 / Move: 2
    • Fortification: Cost:6; Intial 2D6 at 3 or less.  Makes Infantry defend at 3 (1:1 respectively).  Cannot be destroyed - but can be taken over by enemy.

ORDER OF PLAY:

Germany and Minor Axis operate during the same turn.  UK and Minor Allies operate during the same turn.

1. Germany/Minor Axis
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. UK/Minor Allies
    5. Italy
    6. USA/China

MINOR AXIS RULES:

• Germany receives posted IPC value for each Minor Axis territory (as in standard game play); provided it has not been conquered by an Allied army.

• Germany is not required to have any units in these territories to collect the IPC value (as in standard game play)

• If the Minor Axis territory is conquered by an Allied army, Germany no longer collects this income value (as in standard game play).

• If Finland, Hungary, Romania or Bulgaria are conquered by an Allied power, these Minor Axis powers no longer have the ability to collect their IPCs or field military units, regardless of whether these territories are retaken by the Axis.  If these “home countries” are taken any units they have in other territories are removed from play.

• Minor Axis powers collect a fixed IPC amount at the end of their turn, regardless of whether they conquered any Allied territories:  Vichy France - 3IPC; Finland - 3 IPC, Romania - 6 IPC, Hungary - 4 IPC, Bulgaria 4 IPC

• Increase in IPC value for territories conquered by Minor Axis powers are applied to Germany only.  This is true whether the Minor Axis power conquered the territory by itself or in conjunction
      with German units.

• Minor Axis IPCs cannot be shared with other Minor Axis powers or with Germany.  If a Minor Axis power is conquered by an Allied power, the Allied power receives wahtever IPCs that Minor Axis power has.

• Minor Axis powers must always leave at least 1 unit in their capital nation at the end of their turn.  In the case of Vichy France, this includes the territories labeled Vichy France and Tunisia.

• Finland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria must always have a direct supply line back to their home nation at the end of their turn.  This rule does not apply to Vichy France.

• Some units are not eligible for purchase by Minor Axis powers as noted in the set up charts (blacked out).  Minor Axis powers cannot build Industrial Complexes.

• New units for Finland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria are always placed in the Minor Axis Power’s home country.  New units for Vichy France can be placed in Vichy France or Tunisia.

• Vichy French units may only defend, they may never attack.  Vichy French units can move to other Vichy occupied territories (Vichy France; Tunisia, Morocco, Northern Algeria, Algeria; West Africa and French West Africa).  German and Italian forces can pass through/end movement Vichy territories in North Africa.  German forces can pass through/end movement in Vichy France in mainland Europe.

• Allied Force may not pass through Vichy territries withoout attacking.  The exception is for naval unit movement as outlined in AA50 rules (sub/transports).

• If North Africa is cleared of Axis forces (German/Italian), any remianing Vichy French units (including naval units) in Africa become Free French Units and are now contolled by the UK player.

ALLIED RULES:

• Minor Allied powers operate as stand alone nations.  They can build all unit types, including ICs.

• The IPCs for UK, Canada, Australia and India must be managed individually.  UK - 46 IPCs; India - 17 IPCs; Australia - 10 IPCs; Canada - 4 IPCs; Free French - 0 IPCs (Free French collect no income).

• Industrial Complex in Calcutta (India) and New South Wales (Australia) are permitted a maximum placement of 4 new units (as opposed to labeled IPC value limit).  Industrial Complex in Quebec (Canada) is permitted a maximum of 2 new units (as opposed to labeled IPC value limit).

• Except for the Convoy IPC sharing listed below, the IPCs must be used by their respective nation.  IPCs cannot be shared between UK and Minor Allied powers or amongst Minor Allied powers.

• The 9 IPCs linked to the (4) British convoys located in the Indian and Pacific oceans can be allocated to either India or Australia as deemed by the UK player. The 3 IPCs
      linked to the British Convoy located near New Foundland can be allocated to Canada as deemed by the UK player.  The UK player can make this decision at the end of each round, during
      the Collect Income phase.

• During the Mobilize New Unit phase, the UK player may place up to 2 units each in Calcutta (India) and New South Wales (Australia) and 1 unit in Quebec (Canada).  This is in addition to the amount permitted by India, Australia and Canada noted above.

• If a single Minor Alllied power attacks and conquers an Axis territory, then the IPCs are applied directly to that Minor Allied power.  When an attack against an Axis territory is conducted by multiple Minor Allied forces, the UK player must announce during the combat move phase which Minor Allied power is the “lead” attacker.  This “lead” attacker receives the IPCs if the attack is successful and the territory is conquered.

• Free French collect no income.  Any conquests by Free French troops are added to the UK players IPC value.

• Each time Western France, France or Vichy France are liberated by an Allied nation and held for 1 complete round, place 2 Infantry as Free French Units in that territory during the UK player’s non-combat movement phase.

• Mid-East Oil: Trans-Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Tehran and Iran represent allied controlled oil reserves.  If the Germany or Minor Axis forces take these territoires, the IPCs are paid to Germany from the Allies directly.  If Italian forces take these territories, the IPCs are paid to Italy from the Allies directly.  The allies can choose who pays the IPCs (either UK, Minor Allies or U.S., not Soveit Union).

• Russian Oil: Caucasus represent Russian controlled oil reserves.  If the Axis forces take this territory, the IPCs are paid to Germany (or Italy) for Russia directly.

Image of Deaths Head Map (Assuming I posted it properly…):

Link to MS Excel version Set Up Charts, IPC Chart and Rules:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f209fe65b016190991b20cc0d07ba4d2a8a1a6316787b5b1

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Triple size of board
    Double IPC value of all land.

Divide Australia in 4 (one can be worth more if you want.  So like NW Australia = 0; SE = 2, SW = 1, NE =1)
    Divide France into 2 (France and Vichy France; France worth 8; Vichy worth 4)
    Divide Germany into 2 (West worth 15 with the complex, East worth 5 without a complex)

You could do a lot with that.

• I like these rules, they’ll add a lot to the game.

One thing I have noticed, however, was the lack of Canadian output as based in Axis and Allies. The Canadians kept Britain alive up until 1941, when the US joined, and it was our fleet that escorted the mass majority of the convoys. At the end of the war, we had the 3rd largest fleet and the 4th largest army in the world. Our vast grain fields in Saskatchewan supplied the troops in Europe, uranium from the Northwest Territories made the A-bomb. The First Canadian Army had nearly 500 000 troops at its peak. Canadian troops traveled furthest inland on D-Day, and held the central German counterattack off long enough for the Americans to get set up. I can go on and on.

Now Canada has a total IPC value of…. 4.

You guys want to more than quadruple the value of India than Canada. What is wrong with you guys?

• You guys want to more than quadruple the value of India than Canada. What is wrong with you guys?

Their from India?

• I guess that would make sense  :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m