• i know a german warship can move thru a sea zone that has 2 UK transporters without having to stop, but can the UK transporters move through a sea zone with a german warship?

• No, you can only ignore enemy subs and transports, not surface warships

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If you have a dozen transports with your destroyer and the enemy attacks, can you still chose transports as casualties before losing the destroyer?

• It seems that Transports have to be chosen last as caualties. So I think that the answer to your question is no, the DD is the first to sunk. After that event if the enemy has at least one unit with a combat value all the remaining transports are sunk.

• if you have 1 billion transports you must lose the destroyer or any other unit first, then also remove 1 billion transports as they remain all sunk and removed from play.

• @Imperious:

if you have 1 billion transports you must lose the destroyer or any other unit first, then also remove 1 billion transports as they remain all sunk and removed from play.

Hmm, if you had that many transport, the enemy would likely run out of ammunition first, along with loosing track of the dispersing ships.

• Yes it seem like if you are attacked and you have extra (more ship in numbers) then at least the extra transports should be able to retreat, rather than having to stay there and say that the one remaining (sub for instance)can take out the million transports that are left.

• Right, when a convoy was attacked, the ships would “fan out”.

• Customizer

I haven’t played AA50 yet so bear with me. If transports have no combat value then why even bother putting them in the equation?
    Secondly, if we’re gonna start ignoring units with the justification that they aren’t really a factor why don’t we ignore bombers when a territory is being defended. b-17’s and he-111’s, etc were definately not a defensive weapon lol…jk. subs did have anti air on them as did a significant number of transports in ww2. to say that subs cannot defend against air attack and that transports ‘especially military transports’ didn’t have defensive armament to counter air/naval attack doesn’t make sense.

surface units can simply ignore subs and transports…tell that to Churchill and Doernitz.

• i know a german warship can move thru a sea zone that has 2 UK transporters without having to stop

Are the transporters automatically destroyed?

• keep in mind that this new rule about transports was made to stop people using them as canon fodder. not to be realistic

• Customizer

I get the concept but it’s stupid to me. I haven’t liked the sub rules since classic either. Back in my day subs were a kick ass part of the game and it was always funny to see that lone transport smoke a fighter….Alas those days are gone.

• well what’s stupid to you, may be smart for someone else

i guess if you don’t like it you could always use your own house rules and revert back to original rulings  :-)

• Official Q&A

@Markus:

i know a german warship can move thru a sea zone that has 2 UK transporters without having to stop

Are the transporters automatically destroyed?

No.  You must stop and attack a transport in order to destroy it.  Just moving through the sea zone won’t do it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m