• What do you guys think?

• @snuggles:

What do you guys think?

mentally, i hyped it up, after buying, i think…ah not worth it, but then i think about not have baught it, then i think, hell yes it was worth it, so you will have some buyer’s remorse, but better to have overpaid, then to never have paid at all!

• I bathe in the plastic peices,… soak up the smell of the board and box …and roll about on the dice,

Amazing…

I use the Ac’s as spoons and sprinkle other bits on my food so I can enjoy the whole AA experience…

Lovely !

• I use the Ac’s as spoons and sprinkle other bits on my food so I can enjoy the whole AA experience…

what the?

• Customizer

My opinion is mixed I bought it but I’m still itching to play.

The cardboard stuff is nice.
    The plastic stuff I think is, in many instances is poorly formed and has quality issues. I would have been happier with the old generic pieces from 84/91 editions. This is no excuse however because AAE and AAP’s parts were vastly superior in quality to AAR’s. Nice artwork on cardboard counters would be a helluva’lot nicer than the “Dollarstore” micro army men they packed in AAR’04 and this current edition of AA50.

I know there’s alot of kids and dorks who secretly play with the parts but when T have vessel that have to be shaved so they don’t tip over it really pisses me off. This game is worth buying overall but for a hundred bucks I’d expect better quality.

If you’re a ‘noob’ I’d suggest that you but this over ‘revised’ first. This is a culmination of all the previous editions and spin-offs and worth it if you consider all the good times you’ll have verses a couple of videogames for your average computer/ videogame console.

My salt in this posting is that I’ve played AA since '93 and always thought it would be cool to have German tanks look like German Tanks and British Fighters look like Spitfires. They did a crappy job and I had to say it.

Lastly, I’m sick of typos and constantly having to clarify rules and other BS. Is it too much to ask?

I bought AA50 and can’t wait to play, and overall I say buy it.

• I think the game is great and I’m happy to have it; but I did have to shell out $78 which I’m not excited about.  Don’t get me wrong, because I would have paid even more than that for it, I just don’t think they should have charged that much.  Shame on Avalon Hill. 
    I guess I look at it this way:  if I hadn’t spent the money on AA50, I probably would have used that money to go out for dinner - and then what would I have to show for it now?  Nada.
    Thanks.

• @toblerone77:

My opinion is mixed I bought it but I’m still itching to play.

The cardboard stuff is nice.
    The plastic stuff I think is, in many instances is poorly formed and has quality issues. I would have been happier with the old generic pieces from 84/91 editions. This is no excuse however because AAE and AAP’s parts were vastly superior in quality to AAR’s. Nice artwork on cardboard counters would be a helluva’lot nicer than the “Dollarstore” micro army men they packed in AAR’04 and this current edition of AA50.

I know there’s alot of kids and dorks who secretly play with the parts but when T have vessel that have to be shaved so they don’t tip over it really pisses me off. This game is worth buying overall but for a hundred bucks I’d expect better quality.

If you’re a ‘noob’ I’d suggest that you but this over ‘revised’ first. This is a culmination of all the previous editions and spin-offs and worth it if you consider all the good times you’ll have verses a couple of videogames for your average computer/ videogame console.

My salt in this posting is that I’ve played AA since '93 and always thought it would be cool to have German tanks look like German Tanks and British Fighters look like Spitfires. They did a crappy job and I had to say it.

Lastly, I’m sick of typos and constantly having to clarify rules and other BS. Is it too much to ask?

I bought AA50 and can’t wait to play, and overall I say buy it.

That ^.

• I think it is worth it. As a kid, i would day dream about Italy being in the game. And even though some question the figure quality, i still marvel that the units are in most cases nation specific. I never even thought about something like that when i was enjoying Classic. Overall I’d say….

Artwork:10
    Board: 8.5 (needs clearer borders in Europe)
    New Rules: 9.5 (very exciting changes)
    Pieces: 8 (not the best quality, but to have a pea sized fighter and go, “yea, thats definitely a Spitfire/zero/hellcat etc” is impressive, and a nice touch)
    Trays: 10
    Inclusion of Italy and China also makes for great fun

• Customizer

i agree the game is great. i’m not looking for a glorified micro-machines set. but when i bought AAR a couple yrs ago. I had to take some of my acs and hold them over a burner to soften the plastic enough to bend it straight……NO B*ST!!!

there are all kinds of deformed parts in there that I had to fix. AA50 hasn’t been that bad. but pretty close. i’ve had to pull my hobby knife far more than i’d like.

do you want to play with a b-17 that came out of the box…out of the plastic bag…with wings that were f*****g bent in neary half.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m