• A few mere million years after we destroy ourselves and most of the earth, the planet will regenerate itself…

• i’ve been saying for years that the human race is on it’s way out i give us no more then 500 years before we are extinct at least on this planet. but the earth is fine. it will renew it’s self after it gets rid of us.

just think of the math, the earth is what 3.5 billion years old. and weve been here for what 100,000 maybe 200,000. and we have the consete to think we are a threat to the planet.

any way ya i’d like to see the end of the human race, i’d like to sit back and enjoy the show, but it’s not the end of the world.

• You all have NO idea. What if it’s the one thing that you refuse to consider? Christ returns.

• @dIfrenT:

You all have NO idea. What if it’s the one thing that you refuse to consider? Christ returns.

it all depends on your theology, of course.
    are you a pre- or post- millennialist?
    there are a couple of different end-of-the-world scenarios in the bible which are a little difficult to reconcile for us mere mortals. How were you enlightened?

• We were refering to a post “human” world…

• a “post human” world that we might be able to witness as per the initiating question . . . that sounds like a “co-incident with human” world to me.

• I’m wondering whats after humans, we were after dinosours

• to your question CC, i’m pre-millenial. i’ve read revelation a few times and daniel. pre-millenial is the only one i see that fits the references to end of the world as it is now. i agree that the question did seem " ‘co-incident with human~~.’ " The way i see it, and i hate to put it this way, even if the world did end with the “simple” passing of humans and not Christ, i’m still in good shape. but if you all are wrong, you’ll suffer the consequences for eternity. :-? sounds harsh, i know. i might be offended by that if i wasn’t a Christian, but it makes sense. I’m convinced the earth as we know it now will only be ended by Christ’s return, not by an explosion/darkening of the sun or greenhouse effects. btw, i do believe the sun will be darkened at one point because it is pointed out in revelation, so you all can revel in the fact that you’re right on one point. :wink:~~

• After humans I can only hope that no species develops into an intelligent species. This would avoid unnecessary pollution, overpopulation, disease, and earth defacing wars…

• they could be more intellagent then us and not do those thingsbecuse they are more intellagent

• @dIfrenT:

… but if you all are wrong, you’ll suffer the consequences for eternity. :-? sounds harsh, i know. … I’m convinced the earth as we know it now will only be ended by Christ’s return, not by an explosion/darkening of the sun or greenhouse effects. btw, i do believe the sun will be darkened at one point because it is pointed out in revelation, so you all can revel in the fact that you’re right on one point. :wink:

(1) JC will have a hard time in the last battle, if everyone who is not christian has to fight on the other side. And what about that “finding one lost sheep” is much better than “having a hundred”? Don’T you think that in the start of the last days we can drop our ballot for the side we want to join?
    (2) You don’t know much about science, do you? If you really think that our sun could explode, or that its later “less light emitted”, or the greenhouse effect will end the existance of the world……

• the world will probably end because of a metor impact

• (1) JC will have a hard time in the last battle, if everyone who is not christian has to fight on the other side. And what about that “finding one lost sheep” is much better than “having a hundred”? Don’T you think that in the start of the last days we can drop our ballot for the side we want to join?

@1. Assuming Christ is God, which I do believe, why would God have a problem with anyone? He’s all-powerful. Those on the other side don’t stand a chance. Yeah, in the start of the last days, you can “drop your ballot for the side [you] want to join”. But I think you’d be too stubborn to do it anyway. You never know. Miracles do happen. (Please excuse this sarcastic remark. even my real world friends find themselves at the end of this. :D) After a while though, you won’t be able to change your mind. I won’t go into this though. You don’t want to hear it cuz you don’t believe the Bible.

(2) You don’t know much about science, do you? If you really think that our sun could explode, or that its later “less light emitted”, or the greenhouse effect will end the existance of the world……

@2. Call it sarcasm. I don’t agree that the sun will explode or that greenhouse gases will destroy the earth. I believe it will be darkened because that’s what the Bible says in the book of Revelation. However, since you don’t believe in the Bible, I don’t expect you to agree. From a scientific standpoint, it’s unbelievable. But since we’re dealing with God, “all things are possible”, and unbelievable things do happen with Him.

I am expecting severe disagreement on this. :wink:

• @dIfrenT:

@1. Assuming Christ is God, which I do believe, why would God have a problem with anyone? He’s all-powerful. Those on the other side don’t stand a chance. Yeah, in the start of the last days, you can “drop your ballot for the side [you] want to join”. But I think you’d be too stubborn to do it anyway. You never know. Miracles do happen. (Please excuse this sarcastic remark. even my real world friends find themselves at the end of this. :D) After a while though, you won’t be able to change your mind. I won’t go into this though. You don’t want to hear it cuz you don’t believe the Bible.

Well, you said i was doomed for eternity if i don’t make my mind up now…
    if you were right, then i would have a choice before the battle starts… but then i have evidence that i/my believe was wrong before, and can change accordingly, that’s what is called scientific. Give me proof, and i will admit my fault.
    This Revelation is the later addition of Johannes/John, isn’t it? With this “666 the numbe rof the beast”-thing, right?.. Believe it or not, i have read that among other parts of the bible. If i had not, how could i have made up my mind about it?
    BTW, as the bible is such a holy book… do you have a good looking, virgin sister? … Then i could rape her, pay your dad 60 silver, marry her and would not be allowed to divorce her… but maybe that would be worth it… And of course, should a war in Iraq start… will GWB ask them …how many times i forgot… to surrender… and if they don’t, and the US win, slaughter all males, and enslave all children and females as god brought him the victory???
    Do you really believe all that???

@2. Call it sarcasm. I don’t agree that the sun will explode or that greenhouse gases will destroy the earth. I believe it will be darkened because that’s what the Bible says in the book of Revelation. However, since you don’t believe in the Bible, I don’t expect you to agree. From a scientific standpoint, it’s unbelievable. But since we’re dealing with God, “all things are possible”, and unbelievable things do happen with Him.
    I am expecting severe disagreement on this. :wink:

See above… You seem to take the bible literally. Then have a look at one of the books of Moses with all the laws in there… they are too funny to be taken seriously.
    And of course, there is no way to convince you, as you are a dogmatic christian fundamentalist.
    Would you kill in the name of God? Do you think the Crusades were a good thing? Do you think a war against Hussein would be a good thing? Are Jews and Muslims heretics, pagans? If yes: how to deal with them?

• I’d love to be around, at the end of time, if it had anything to do with zombies running wild. :wink:

“When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth”
    Classic line from ‘Dawn of the Dead’.
    Great zombie flick.

• Ah…. all evil back on earth

• Well, you said i was doomed for eternity if i don’t make my mind up now…

I _did not say that exactly. This is just to make sure my words aren’t misconstrued. I meant that if you don’t “make [your] mind up now” on earth, while you’re still alive to believe in Christ, then you’re “doomed.” so you may still have time to play around with this, but then none of us are really sure just how much time we actually have.

Give me proof, and i will admit my fault.

proof for what? the existence of God? (which is a different thread, ya know) scientific proof requires observation. i have never physically observed God, as in touch, see, hear, etc. i’ve never claimed to, and i admit it willingly. so this proof you’re waiting for will come at an unpredictable time. you may not even be here. i will do my best to show you evidence, but that’s all i can show you.

BTW, as the bible is such a holy book…. do you have a good looking, virgin sister? … Then i could rape her, pay your dad 60 silver, marry her and would not be allowed to divorce her… but maybe that would be worth it… And of course, should a war in Iraq start… will GWB ask them …how many times i forgot… to surrender… and if they don’t, and the US win, slaughter all males, and enslave all children and females as god brought him the victory???
    Do you really believe all that???
    See above… You seem to take the bible literally. Then have a look at one of the books of Moses with all the laws in there… they are too funny to be taken seriously.
    And of course, there is no way to convince you, as you are a dogmatic christian fundamentalist.
    Would you kill in the name of God? Do you think the Crusades were a good thing? Do you think a war against Hussein would be a good thing? Are Jews and Muslims heretics, pagans? If yes: how to deal with them?

i believe the Bible tells about this,yes. and i believe it literally too, unless it says otherwise. but you are taking this from the Old Testament. key word: Old. God was dealing with the Hebrews then in a system based on the deeds they did. He was trying to show them how they could not live up to His standards on their own. that’s why Moses was given those laws. God does not ask us to kill in His name. He asked Christians to go out and show others the mercy He has shown us. We haven’t done as well as we should with that. In short, no i would not kill in the name of God. If you define “pagan” as anything outside of Christianity (the kind that says Jesus died on a cross and rose again in 3 days, and He is the only way to salvation), then yes the Muslims are pagans. i’m not sure about the Jews. God has always had His own way of dealing with them, and since i don’t know how He thinks, i don’t know for sure whether the Jewish belief system is valid or not. i would not go after Hussein for religious reasons. if he was attacking America, sure i would want to defend my country, but i would never harm someone just because he/she doesn’t share my beliefs.

as for the sister thing, i don’t really care for this when it gets personal. i do have a sister, so the hypothetical situation was disturbing (for lack of a better word). but if that’s how you have to get your point across, fine._

• @dIfrenT:

I _did not say that exactly. This is just to make sure my words aren’t misconstrued. I meant that if you don’t “make [your] mind up now” on earth, while you’re still alive to believe in Christ, then you’re “doomed.” so you may still have time to play around with this, but then none of us are really sure just how much time we actually have.

So, when i die (and go to heaven or hell or whereever), i have chosen? What about all those poor bastards who died without ever having heard of christianity? Will they all fight for evil in the last battle then?

i believe the Bible tells about this,yes. and i believe it literally too, unless it says otherwise. but you are taking this from the Old Testament. key word: Old. God was dealing with the Hebrews then in a system based on the deeds they did. He was trying to show them how they could not live up to His standards on their own. that’s why Moses was given those laws.

So you believe God gave an update (from Judaism to Christianity), but you don’t believe he gave a second update (from Christianity to Islam), right?
    How can you tell that the one update was right, and the second wasn’t one?

God does not ask us to kill in His name. He asked Christians to go out and show others the mercy He has shown us. We haven’t done as well as we should with that. In short, no i would not kill in the name of God. If you define “pagan” as anything outside of Christianity (the kind that says Jesus died on a cross and rose again in 3 days, and He is the only way to salvation), then yes the Muslims are pagans.

You would kill not in the name of god?
    And are you so sure that muslims don’t acknowledge that JC died on a cross and came back from the dead? Ever talked to a muslim about that??

if he was attacking America, sure i would want to defend my country, but i would never harm someone just because he/she doesn’t share my beliefs.

But any killing is not christian! If someone slaps you in the face…_

• Give me proof, and i will admit my fault.

proof for what? the existence of God? (which is a different thread, ya know) scientific proof requires observation. i have never physically observed God, as in touch, see, hear, etc. i’ve never claimed to, and i admit it willingly. so this proof you’re waiting for will come at an unpredictable time. you may not even be here. i will do my best to show you evidence, but that’s all i can show you.

You could have an indirect proof, we never saw the big bang.

• @difernT:

i believe the Bible tells about this,yes. and i believe it literally too, unless it says otherwise. but you are taking this from the Old Testament. key word: Old. God was dealing with the Hebrews then in a system based on the deeds they did. He was trying to show them how they could not live up to His standards on their own. that’s why Moses was given those laws. God does not ask us to kill in His name. He asked Christians to go out and show others the mercy He has shown us. We haven’t done as well as we should with that. In short, no i would not kill in the name of God. If you define “pagan” as anything outside of Christianity (the kind that says Jesus died on a cross and rose again in 3 days, and He is the only way to salvation), then yes the Muslims are pagans. i’m not sure about the Jews. God has always had His own way of dealing with them, and since i don’t know how He thinks, i don’t know for sure whether the Jewish belief system is valid or not. i would not go after Hussein for religious reasons. if he was attacking America, sure i would want to defend my country, but i would never harm someone just because he/she doesn’t share my beliefs.

That’s an interesting spin you put on why God gave the laws to Moses. I personally disagree. I don’t think dietary laws, modesty laws etc. are to show the Jews that they cannot live up to God’s standards. I think it is to set a new standard. I, speaking personally as a Jew, cannot do many of the things that you can do, a simple example being to charge interest to a fellow Jew. Such laws that are set to improve relations between people are at a higher standard, in my opinion. I think that the Jewish laws for dealing with other Jews are a light to the other nations so to speak. Not charging interest from a friend, though it may seem weird, promotes a lifestyle of peace and better relations. I don’t think the Crusades or missionary work really do that. They bring about more strife. the laws given to the Jews I think bring up a new standard that is closer to God. They help tocreate an atmosphere of peace, which our world really could use.

Alright, I think it’s time to see FinsterniS and F_alk begin attempts to bash my arguement by applying Christian ideals to Judaism and then bashing them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m