• @Lynxes:

I’m a bit worried about the '41 setup as well, but you must factor in VCs as well. If the '41 scenario is balanced, it would mean Germany and Italy would be able to hold onto Paris and Rome and at the same time take Leningrad and Stalingrad at the same time as Japan takes Calcutta, Sydney and Honolulu. The standard strategy to start with is KGF, but if it turns out to be too slow to take and hold a VC then we will be back to try a balanced strategy such as USA building enough to keep Hawaii off Japanese hands.

VCs will be another thing against KGF. All Pacific will be free VCs to Japan, and Karelia is not so difficult to get (specially when USA is too busy defending Los Angeles and Ottawa from Japan :-P ). So the only tricky VC for Axis conquer would be Stalingrad, and that it’s on Japan and Italy’s natural path to Moscow.

In KJF, you will defend at very least Hawaii, and if 1942 scenario is balanced, you should defend Sydney and maybe even Calcutta. Forget Calcutta (and maybe Sydney) in 1941

• @Funcioneta:

Man, this is crazy. They don’t get 1 more trannie. They get 2  :-o and loaded with 3 inf, 1 art!  :-o

No, I’ll not play 1941 without massive bids for China and UK. Even as Japan, I want an enemy at least near to sparring level. This is not a sparring, this is a dead corpse

Funcioneta I think everyone on this board knows by now that you think the axis can’t be beat in the 41 scenario. You are overdoing it a little bit m8.  :wink:
    As far as I know, there is only one extra tranny that we didn’t know off and that one holds 2 inf.

True Japan becomes a monster in a KGF strategy, but how bad is that? You keep on claiming Japan will take Ottawa and Los Angeles, but do you have any clue how hard it is for the Japanese to get a foothold on the US mainland, when the USA player knows what he is doing with the 45 IPC each turn? I mean, that’s a whopping 15 inf each turn!. And if the US player moves it the right way, she can even shuck those inf to Europe and reinforce her own mainland with the newly build infantry. If I were Japan with 60+ income, I wouldn’t bother for the US mainland, my objective would be Russia.

• '10

@Perry:

Wow, this game was designed in USA, it was printed in China , and the first market to release the game is Austria
    Talk about an unexpected Marketing move by WOTC  :-D

I saw the game today in a shop (Ultracomix in Nürnberg/Germany) and hold it in my hands. The box is really big. Price 99,90 Euro. It was close, but I decided to order it at yatego for 65,95 Euros  (+4,50 shipping).

I was a bit disoppointed that it contains only 2 italian cruiser items (read it on the box).
    I hope there is a posibilty to order additional italian game pieces.

• Do you mean additional German cruiser painted in brown? Or additional German DD painted in brown? Sure that do you need them?  :-D

Seriously, I think that Italy is already good in BB and CA department and Italian navy requires an AC (in the real war, it was launched but never completed), and some DD and 1 more TRN.

• 2 italian cruiser items

you mean it has accounting of every piece included in the game on the back of the box?

600 pieces and only 2 cruisers?  must be a sick joke.

• @Imperious:

2 italian cruiser items

you mean it has accounting of every piece included in the game on the back of the box?

Italy was a minor player and was “owned” by germany

• well. I bought 6 copies and will receive 12 cruisers, so i guess ill do fine if i need to build more. But this “Italy as a third axis player” bullcrap is now more like “Italy is a pathetic stooge player with a limpy inventory of plastic bits”

I wonder how many fighters does Germany and Italy have?

• A hint for the european enthusiast

Bought 8 copies from US Thought Hammer and paid 473 Euro.

• Ahh good see im not the only crazy one buying 6 copies. AA Denmark buys 8 and is in the lead. I don’t think ill do 8. but once people start selling it used, i will pick up probably 4 more.

• '10

@Romulus:

Do you mean additional German cruiser painted in brown? Or additional German DD painted in brown? Sure that do you need them?  :-D

Seriously, I think that Italy is already good in BB and CA department and Italian navy requires an AC (in the real war, it was launched but never completed), and some DD and 1 more TRN.

In our test game the italian player bougth a third cruiser to cover a new transport in the italian SZ (wasn’t a problem with two NOs accomplished, gibraltar and trans jordan occupied ). The BB and the other two CAs were in SZ 15 - supporting an amphibious landing in egypt.

…and maybe the cruiser model is an italian one. :-D

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

I wonder how many fighters does Germany and Italy have?

12 and 6, respectively.

• Customizer

What colors are the new pieces? Is germany black like in the battle of the bulge, grey like revised or dark gray like in europe? How about great britian. Are they the tan color they were in europe and pacific or the off tan they were in battle of the bulge? Are the soviets maroon like in europe or brown maroon like in Revised? I am assuming USA and Japan are the same color as revised?

• yes its revised color scheme , UK is tan, Italy is brown

• Official Q&A

• '10

@Imperious:

2 italian cruiser items

This is SAD!!  In AAA I have seen it all, What if ITALY gets, lucky… out wits UK and takes all of Africa?  They become a REAL super power with lots of IPC,s  cant spend them on Navy I guess… WOTH cheaped out on pcs.

SAD… SAD…  I only ordered two copies for myself but I guess I will have to up this. (Maybe its a ploy  :-()

• @Driel310:

True Japan becomes a monster in a KGF strategy, but how bad is that? You keep on claiming Japan will take Ottawa and Los Angeles, but do you have any clue how hard it is for the Japanese to get a foothold on the US mainland, when the USA player knows what he is doing with the 45 IPC each turn? I mean, that’s a whopping 15 inf each turn!. And if the US player moves it the right way, she can even shuck those inf to Europe and reinforce her own mainland with the newly build infantry. If I were Japan with 60+ income, I wouldn’t bother for the US mainland, my objective would be Russia.

In fact, is 40 (Alaska and Hawaii stolen, only 1 NO). Those are 13 guys, but still, Japan can buy some now cheap bombers and strat bombing LA and DC (not fun) or try improved industry tech for a total of 14 units a turn to America (4 from Alaska, 10 from Japan). Even with 40, you cannot both defend american mainland and send reinforcements to west. Italians can go party on Africa, and Japan could even spare 10-12 ipcs to send guys to west. Maybe Japan will not take LA or Ottawa soon, but axis will get economic superiority and soon or after Moscow or Stalingrad or LA will fall, giving axis enough VCs to win

Of course, you could still attack soviets as you said. This is also scary, because 60 ipcs is the lower Japan will get. They can get 65 or even 70, add at least 40 from western axis. Allies will struggle to reach that income. But that is giving Africa and Alaska to allies and I think there is no reason to do it. If allies graciously surrender a theater of war from the setup (eeer… USA1  :roll: ), there is no reason to do the same as axis.

• @Black_Elk:

My request for future development would be to PLEASE stop incorporating new rules into the game, and stop looking to new “House Rules” as a solution to fix underlying game balance problems. Instead, focus on fine tunning the core gameplay mechanics that already exist (i.e. the stuff that is the same for everyone, throughout the duration of the game.) Consistency, simplicity, and ease of use, should always trump the other considerations, and only give way when an idea seems really innovative and promises to open up new and interesting dimensions to the gameplay.

I couldn’t agree more with Black_Elk.

• Hello, everyone. Just a brief greeting from the “newbie” here. Wanted to say THANX to all for every bit of info here on the forums. I’am sponsoring a mini-tournament for A & A 50th on November 22nd & have been browsing here for the past couple months. (Knowledge is power.) It’s been a great help!!! If any are interrested I will TRY to post a game replay here after the tourney. Sort of returning the favor for everything everyone here has done. THANKS, AGAIN!!!
                                                                Von Deekin

• I was hoping the Italian fleet in the Med. would help with the supply & defense of North Africa. But with the serious lack of pieces to accomplish this task, all I have to say is that Wizards has really blown it on this one. They need to offer part sets!

• @Von:

Hello, everyone. Just a brief greeting from the “newbie” here. Wanted to say THANX to all for every bit of info here on the forums. I’am sponsoring a mini-tournament for A & A 50th on November 22nd & have been browsing here for the past couple months. (Knowledge is power.) It’s been a great help!!! If any are interrested I will TRY to post a game replay here after the tourney. Sort of returning the favor for everything everyone here has done. THANKS, AGAIN!!!
                                                                 Von Deekin

I for one would like to see the results :wink:
    and welcome  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m