• I had a very simple thought the other day for a simple way to encourage the US to go into the Pacific that I feel would work for AAR, AA50 and probably classic as well. The UNITS in and around Australia New Zealand need to be swapped from UK to US. For revised this means the 3 infantry on Australia, the 1 infantry on New Zealand, and the sub and transport in sea zone 40. This is historically accurate as the ANZAC forces were under the control of Gen. Douglas MacArthur as supreme commander of the South West Pacific theater.  The territories themselves would still remain UK for IPC collection. This would give the US some units in this area to work with and a possible incentive to spend some resources on the PTO instead of going full bore after Germany. As it is right now these units are simply to far removed from the UK to be much of anything except fodder.

• That would make a nice NA under ANZAC.

Perhaps the American player can place one infantry in those territories from new units, rather than convert British to American. I am sure the British had troops in this area and would seem your fixing one problem, but creating another under your idea. I think ANZAC should be additional forces, but placement staggered one INF per turn from builds.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m