• i am thinking of implemementing a railroad system into my axis and allies game, as a house rule, i was thinking of maybe 7 different railroad’s, 1 in the s.u., 1 in the u.s., 1 in africa, 1 in asia, 1 in the middle east, and 2 in europe, i think they would work like this, they can only be used in the noncombat phase and can carry double a transport ship’s capacity.
    excluding armor, the train’s could move 2 or 3 spaces and it would cost 1 ipc for every unit on the train, therefore a train with 2 infantry and 2 artillery would cost 4 ipc’s, and i think only 1 train per railroad every turn.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

There are rules for railroads in other games.  If we were to extrapolate those rules we could easily set up rails for each nation.

1)  Russia:  Infantry, Artillery and AA Guns may move two territories along Buryatia, Yakut, Novosibirsk, Kazakh, Russia, Archangelsk, Karelia, W. Russia and Caucasus.  No cost.

2)  Germany: Infantry, Artillery and AA Guns may move two territories along Belorussia, Ukraine, Balkans, S. Europe, E. Europe, W. Europe and Germany, no cost.

3)  England:  Infantry, Artillery and AA Guns may move two territories along India, Persia, Trans-Jordan, Egypt, Italian Africa, Kenya, S. Africa, Congo, Fr. Equatorial Africa and Fr. West Africa

4)  Japan:  Infantry, Artillery and AA Guns may move two territories along Manchuria, Kwangtung and Fr. Indo China

5)  USA: Infantry, Artillery and AA Guns may move two territories along Alaska, W. Canada*, W. USA, C. USA and E. USA

• Note:  America is allowed through W. Canada on rail just to get to Alaska.  Units would not be able to travel by rail from E. USA to W. Canada.  The only way to use W. Canada in this manner would be to send units from C. USA or W. USA to Alaska or from Alaska to W. USA or C. USA.

There is no cost to using the rail and unlimited numbers of units can travel along it.

• for AA50 i have developed this. My feeling is the map has alot more territories, and it would take longer to play because of this. To facilitate a quicker result this was playtested and works.

Strategic Movement:

Each player’s capital territory has a value equal to half its IPC value, which can facilitate additional movement of a players land forces. Every time the Home territory is bombed by SBR the total movement of Strategic Movement is reduced one point for every 2 points of damage to the home factory.
        For example: Germany has 5 SR points because it has a 10 IPC home territory. If it was bombed for 5 points of factory damage, you could now only move 2 land units by strategic redeployment.

Procedure: after placement move one land unit a total of 2 additional spaces for each SR point. Units moved can be newly created units or units involved in combat or any unit whether it moved already or attacked. Units can even move across one sea zone to another controlled territory as long as you control the sea zone with one warship.

Repair of damaged factory also changes this value depending on current damage or investment for repair.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m