• Thanks Krieghund!

• do casualties of bombardments get to fire back?

• @Sgt.:

do casualties of bombardments get to fire back?

Yes, in AA50 they always do.  Also, note that aircraft can be hit by bombardment in this version.

• '16 '15 '10

@Krieghund:

The answer to both questions is yes.  The key concept is that any land units that load onto a transport in the Combat Move phase must also unload in an amphibious assault in the same turn, unless the transport retreats from the sea battle, in which case they must remain on board.  Units that load in the Noncombat Move phase or that loaded in prior turns are free to either unload or remain on board.  Of course, a transport may not unload one unit in combat and the other in noncombat in the same turn, as unloading ends a transport’s actions for the turn.

If I load 2 units onto a transport in combat, is it legal to unload 1 unit (in combat) and keep the other unit on the transport (eg not to be unloaded in ncm)?

• Official Q&A

No.

• '16 '15 '10

Eek that means most of us have been playing wrong for some time now (TripleA and GTO allow 1 unit offloads, for starters).  Definitely a good one for the FAQ.

• Official Q&A

GTO doesn’t support AA50.  This was legal in OOB Revised, so perhaps that’s what you’re thinking of.  I can’t speak for TripleA.

• [off topic]
    @Zhukov44:

Eek that means most of us have been playing wrong for some time now (TripleA and GTO allow 1 unit offloads, for starters).  Definitely a good one for the FAQ.

for TripleA, they are aware of the rule, but decided to not change this point (I posted a bug report about that some times ago ; the answer was that they do not want to be exactly as AA50 so they keep the game like that)
    [/off topic]

• Yep, totally different game when you play it that way! <sarc>  :-)</sarc>

• Here’s one for you Krieghund:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22604.0

Thanks!

• @Krieghund:

@Lynxes:

Another one: apparently there are no Chinese control markers in the game (I haven’t got mine yet, just looked at the pics), but I guess this is since they can only enter Manchuria, Kiangsu and Kwangtung? I.e., a Chinese attack on Manchuria means that Manchuria is Chinese controlled and if there’s an IC there it will then not be able to produce since China has no IPCs? And this is the same if for example Soviet Union attacks Manchuria since it is then liberated to revert to Chinese control?

This is all correct.  If there is an Axis control marker on Manchuria or Kiangsu, it belongs to that Axis power; otherwise it belongs to China.

ok for this but i want to make sure about something: In the 1942 Scenario, are the pacific islands (with control markers on), burma and kwangtung have to be considered as originally controlled by japan. Then usable to get the UK bonus?

Thanks

LP

• Official Q&A

Only territories with a Japanese roundel printed on the game board (excluding those with a Chinese roundel also) count.

• @Krieghund:

Only territories with a Japanese roundel printed on the game board (excluding those with a Chinese roundel also) count.

perfect. Thanks Krieghund

• This has probably been asked before, but for the paratroopers tech does the bomber have to drop the trooper in the first hostile territory it encounters?  I.E. if someone were to have a bomber in Germany and were trying to drop an inf in Arc but BSt and Kar were both under Russian control is that doable? Also isn’t the limit for a drop 3 spaces from starting territory?  Thanks

• @Sgt.:

This has probably been asked before, but for the paratroopers tech does the bomber have to drop the trooper in the first hostile territory it encounters?  I.E. if someone were to have a bomber in Germany and were trying to drop an inf in Arc but BSt and Kar were both under Russian control is that doable? Also isn’t the limit for a drop 3 spaces from starting territory?   Thanks

YES the bomber CANNOT fly over any hostile TERRITORY (sea zones are fine) before dropping paras.  So yes you have to drop in the first hostile LAND territory it encounters.

No, you can drop infantry FIVE spaces from the starting territory (SEVEN if you have LRA), if you have a safe landing place for the bomber in an adjoining territory after the drop.  And one more thing - the bomber can fly over hostile territories after dropping.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

And one more thing - the bomber can fly over hostile territories after dropping.

Yes, in noncombat movement, after the battle.

• '16 '15 '10

@gamerman01:

@Emperor:

There’s more, if you read page 14 you will also see that once the transports have moved or participated in combat they are done, they can’t conduct Non combat moves.

Unbelievable!  Thanks for drawing this to my attention.  Pay attention, BoldFresh.
    The rulebook on page 14 says when an opponent builds any surface warship in your sea zone, you have to 1) conduct combat 2) leave 3) leave, pick up units from another sea zone (not hostile), and return, or 4) leave, pick up units from another sea zone and conduct combat elsewhere.

So when a destroyer is built (in Z5, e.g.) it prevents ALL BOMBARDMENT, ALL LOADING OF UNITS, AND ALL NONCOMS FOR ALL YOUR TRANSPORTS that were in that zone for a turn.  Unbelievable.  I guess it’s been a long time since I read page 14.

I look forward to you squandering what little resources germany has left on Destroyers. :evil: :evil:

Oh, I see.  When you do it, it’s shrewd, but if I do it, it’s squandering.  I have plenty of resources to keep you guys out of Berlin for a very long time, by the way.  Longer than I need.  :-D

I would like more clarification on this one.

Assumption is SZ5 with a german destroyer and Brit fleet, and its UK’s turn.

-If a transport is not moving out of SZ5 for a combat move, then is it involved in the SZ5 battle, making it stuck in SZ5?  True or not true?  Is there any way for the transport to move out of SZ5 (during either cm or ncm) besides making a combat move (eg an amphib)?

You can imagine the dilemna of a player that wants to move his fleet out of SZ5 but doesn’t need or want to use the sz5 transports in a combat move in another zone.

It seems related to the question of whether the transports from the attacking power take part in sea battles at all.

• Official Q&A

@Zhukov44:

If a transport is not moving out of SZ5 for a combat move, then is it involved in the SZ5 battle, making it stuck in SZ5?  True or not true?

True.

@Zhukov44:

Is there any way for the transport to move out of SZ5 (during either cm or ncm) besides making a combat move (eg an amphib)?

It must move in combat movement, or not at all.  However, if it moves in combat movement, no attack is required.  Of course, if it is not performing an amphibious assault, it may not load units in another sea zone.

• '12

question:  UK1 - there is a german sub in z12.  if the UK wished to attack the sub with a lone destroyer from z9 AND amphibiously assault alg from Z12, what happens if the sub hits first in z12?  does this disallow the amphibious assault?  i’m guessing that since a transport can ignore a sub and move through it’s zone, the amphibious assault can occur first, before the sea battle, but if the player wanted to conduct the sea battle first and if the sub held the zone without loss, since the sea battle was lost, can the amphibious assault still occur?

thank you.

• Official Q&A

Subs can only be ignored during movement.  If you attack a sea zone, all units in the sea zone belonging to the attacker and defender will be involved.  As with any amphibious assault, the sea battle must be fought first.  If the sub hits first, the transport must retreat or be destroyed.

If you don’t want to take a chance on the invasion being repelled, don’t attack the sub.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m