Chinese builds - where can they be placed?

• 2007 AAR League

OK, got a Q on China!

Current knowledge of Chinese builds:

• China gets 1 inf per 2 Chinese territories it has on the Start of its turn
    • China can place those units in the Unit Placement Phase of its move, but you may only build so that there is max 3 inf/area

Now my question:

• Can China place units in Newly Conquered Areas? Say it re-takes Hup from Japan. can it place units there now?? (given that it follows the above restrictions…)

This Q would be a moot point, if it wasn’t for the fact that China is treated in quite a special way in other aspects…
    Anyone knows?

• The US player places the new Chinese units at the same time that the new US units are placed.  They may be placed on any Chinese-controlled territories, however those units cannot be placed on any territory that already contains three or more units.

since your quoting from the rules…can you just do the same thing for the entire rulebook and post? 8-)

• @Imperious:

since your quoting from the rules…can you just do the same thing for the entire rulebook and post? 8-)

raises hand

I know the answer to this one !!!

• If its matter of asking every conceivable question in sequence, perhaps it wont look so obvious?

example:

1. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the purchase phase work?

2. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the movement phase work?

3. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the combat phase work?

4. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the non-movement phase work?

5. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the placement phase work?

6. Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the optional rules work?

7. Hey Craig please explain how the placements for both 1941 and 42 and the special rules?

8)Hey Craig please explain how the rules for the victory conditions work?

• 2007 AAR League

@Craig:

The US player places the new Chinese units at the same time that the new US units are placed.  They may be placed on any Chinese-controlled territories, however those units cannot be placed on any territory that already contains three or more units.

Sorry Craig, you can’t get away THAT easily  :-D

Situation (from a real game):

• China has two units in SIK
    • During Placement phase, China may place two units

Question:
    - May both these units be placed in SIK?

Your rules quote says “those units cannot be placed on any territory that already contains three or more units” <my emphasis=“”>You might interpret that statement, that you may add up units in a territory to MORE than three units, just as long as the territory did not have 3 or more units before the placement phase

Please call Larry - we need to make sure this clarification makes it into the Rulebook of the first printing run!  :mrgreen:  :-D :lol:</my>

• @Perry:

@Craig:

The US player places the new Chinese units at the same time that the new US units are placed.  They may be placed on any Chinese-controlled territories, however those units cannot be placed on any territory that already contains three or more units.

Sorry Craig, you can’t get away THAT easily  :-D

Question:

Your rules quote says “those units cannot be placed on any territory that already contains three or more units” <my emphasis=“”>You might interpret that statement, that you may add up units in a territory to MORE than three units, just as long as the territory did not have 3 or more units before the placement phase

Please call Larry - we need to make sure this clarification makes it into the Rulebook of the first printing run!  :mrgreen:  :-D :lol:

This looks like a job for the “Big K”……</my>

• Official Q&A

@squirecam:

Question:

Please call Larry - we need to make sure this clarification makes it into the Rulebook of the first printing run!  :mrgreen:  :-D :lol:

You may place Chinese units in any Chinese-controlled territory that does not already have 3 or more Chinese units in it at the beginning of the Mobilization phase.  In your example, you could place both uinits.

• 2007 AAR League

@squirecam:

This looks like a job for the “Big K”……

@Krieghund:

You may place Chinese units in any Chinese-controlled territory that does not already have 3 or more Chinese units in it at the beginning of the Mobilization phase.  In your example, you could place both uinits.

“Big K” strikes again!  :mrgreen:
    Thank you!

• @Perry:

@squirecam:

This looks like a job for the “Big K”……

@Krieghund:

“Big K” strikes again!  :mrgreen:
    Thank you!

I am going as the “Big K” for Halloween this year.

• @Krieghund:

@squirecam:

Question:

I’m no lawyer, but i think you “technically” could indeed place them there…But i agree that it should be clarified that 3 is the max…by “implication”.

• I am going as the “Big K” for Halloween this year.

you mean this?

http://www.mavav.org/2006/12/21/burgerkingxbox.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m