• In A&A Europe, Belorussia is adjacent to 3 soviet industrial complexes, leading to a Belorussia stack.  I thought of a house rule to change this…

Belorussia is no longer considered adjacent to Leningrad and Stalingrad.

This change would make the theater into a 3 front war… the northern war for Leningrad, the central war for Moscow, and the southern war for Stalingrad.  No longer would one territory be so strategically overpowered.

I was considering making Belorussia not adjacent to ANY Soviet IC, meaning you would have to attack Moscow from Russia or Turkestan, not Belorussia.  I think that may be overkill, however.

I’ve been trying to make a set of house rules to make Europe fun again, and this is the most dramatic change I was pondering, so I’d like some opinions on whether or not it would make gameplay more fun (among others were the need to capture all soviet industrial complexes to defeat russia, and the ability to place submarine next to any at-start territory you still own that has an IPC value).

• i like that idea of how 3 fronts and i agree belorussia is a powerful spot for the germans to have.

Anyways maybe you should check out my house rules forum in europe a few nice  ones and strats for navies!

• @Rakeman:

In A&A Europe, Belorussia is adjacent to 3 soviet industrial complexes, leading to a Belorussia stack.  I thought of a house rule to change this…

This change would make the theater into a 3 front war… the northern war for Leningrad, the central war for Moscow, and the southern war for Stalingrad.  No longer would one territory be so strategically overpowered.

I was considering making Belorussia not adjacent to ANY Soviet IC, meaning you would have to attack Moscow from Russia or Turkestan, not Belorussia.  I think that may be overkill, however.

I’ve been trying to make a set of house rules to make Europe fun again, and this is the most dramatic change I was pondering, so I’d like some opinions on whether or not it would make gameplay more fun (among others were the need to capture all soviet industrial complexes to defeat russia, and the ability to place submarine next to any at-start territory you still own that has an IPC value).

You might want to check out the following maps for some ideas.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12157.0
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=1160

They both break Russia up into more territories, requiring more time to get to Moscow for the Germans.

• @timerover51:

@Rakeman:

In A&A Europe, Belorussia is adjacent to 3 soviet industrial complexes, leading to a Belorussia stack.  I thought of a house rule to change this…

You might want to check out the following maps for some ideas.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12157.0
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=1160

They both break Russia up into more territories, requiring more time to get to Moscow for the Germans.

Good link, thanks.  I’ve seen that before but I didn’t have the link to it.  It’s pretty lame of the developers to have made Moscow so close to Germany.

• Nice! the map looks a lot cooler
    The worst thing about how close moscow is that germany already had some russia yeesh in 1941 just before usa joined the germans were out side leningrad!!!
    Then moscow was ages away russia is closer in a&ae then 2004 revised3rd that is really sad i am sorry but if the creaters want it more realistic add italy and make more territories in russia yeeeeeeesssssshhhhhhhhh

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m