• when making a cover roll when disrupted, and the attack is greater than the the targets defence is the attack still limited to disruption or is the target damaged or destroyed,

• If you make cover you can only be disrupted, no matter how brutal the actual attack would have been

• if the attack is equal to the defence, does the cover roll stop disruption, i.e. after the first attack, i had some questions written down somewhere and i dont know where i put them. can i fire on a target through a hedge from the opposite side of that hedge. some of the rules in the rulebook are difficult to comprehend, thank’s for your help

• No, cover just makes the worst effect you can recieve be Disrupt.  It provides no other benefits.

The hedge stuff was confusing for sure.

If you are directly adjacent to a hedgerow, you can see through it with no problems.  (Makes sense I guess, poke your head through the undergrowth and fire).

If your target is just on the other side of a hedgerow, you can still fire on him.

Otherwise treat the hedgerow as if it were a hill or any other type of blocking terrain that impedes line-of-sight.

• yeah, that make’s it easier to understand, if i’m 2 hex’es away the target has cover. another question come’s to mind, are there any restriction’s for line of sight when firing past friendly or enemy units.
    is the expert rulebook worth getting or is everything covered in the advanced rulebook,
    i have only played a few games of miniatures.

• @d142:

yeah, that make’s it easier to understand, if i’m 2 hex’es away the target has cover.

Assuming you have LOS , if that line-of-soght crosses a hedge then yes the defender would get cover.

another question come’s to mind, are there any restriction’s for line of sight when firing past friendly or enemy units.

No.  A hex is considered to be rough;y 100 yards, so a dozen soldiers in that space dont reperesnt enough of a presense to block LOS.

is the expert rulebook worth getting or is everything covered in the advanced rulebook,

The Expanded Rulebook is OK if you find someone else to use it to, but because its “optional” its not widely accepted IMO.

• @d142:

yeah, that make’s it easier to understand, if i’m 2 hex’es away the target has cover. another question come’s to mind, are there any restriction’s for line of sight when firing past friendly or enemy units.

Money is better spent on boosters to make complete armies.  This is the last thing to buy.

It kinda sucked.  Made very poorly in black and white and hard to read the illustrations.  Basically same as the advanced rulebook + some extra confusing rules (Overwatch, Enfilade Fire, Grazing Fire) that are ok but too complicated.  Maps were good.  Formations (platoon card) can be downloaded.  Couple of scenarios.

To answer your question, it wasn’t worth the money but I feel it’s a must have if your into the game.  You just can’t pass up on the maps and someday the expanded rules may spice up the games if they’re getting boring.  Like I said, make this the last priority of things to buy for this game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m