• Stacking:
    Stacking with friendly units: You only have three friendly units in a single hex, and only one of them can be a vehicle.

The stacking limit only applies at the end each phase. Units can temporarily exceed the stacking limit during the movement or assault phase. Units that exceed the stacking limit are moved back to the previous occupied hex if possible until the overstack is corrected.

Aircraft: Instead of each player placing all of their aircraft during their own flight phase, players alternate placing aircraft with the first player placing the one aircraft, the second player placing the one aircraft. Continue alternating placement until both players have placed all of their aircraft.

Artillery units without the Antiair ability cannot attack aircraft. The ability Crack Shot doesn’t give +1 to attack rolls against aircraft.

Building an Army: There is no limit on the number of units that an army can contain.

A max of 10% of the army can be spent on Obstacles.

Armies can be of 100, 200, or 400 point value. An army of 200 points (or less) is the suggested standard army.

A player’s army has be constructed within the following historical limitations:

German, Hungarian, Rumanian, Slovakian, and Italian units can go in the same army.
    Soviet units can’t be in army with any other nationality.
    Japanese units can’t be in an army with any other nationality.
    Units from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, and Canada can be in the same army.
    Units from France, Belgium, and the United Kingdom can go in the same army.
    Nationalist Chinese can be in the same army as United States and United Kingdom units.
    Polish units can’t be in an army with any other nationality.
    Free Polish units (Polish units deployed after 1939) and Free French (French units deployed after 1940) can be in the same army as United States, Canadian, Australian, South African and United Kingdom units.
    Units from Greece and the United Kingdom can be in the same army.

• Where did all of this come from? Is there a new FAQs?

• What about stacking for hero deployment?

• Attack Phase Question: I assume on the attack phase stacking is completed “after all movement and unit placement are finished” (as rules state) and also attacking???  Must we now move non attack units first, fix stacking and then attack last?

Just some initial thoughts about tactics and problems…

1. What comes first
    End of a players movement phase:  stacking or para deployment. 
    It’s got to be para deployment because you’ll have a possible four freindly units in one hex.

2. This works well for bonzai charge.  You can overstack the enemies hex with charges on your attack phase.  Move back overstacked units after your attack.

3. It would be nice to advance a unit into an overstacked hex on your attack phase to replace a “soon to be dead” unit.  Too bad casualty is done after the overstacking is corrected.

4. Movement can cause DF, what if that same unit overstacks the hex and has to move back, DF again?

• Broken! units with aggression

BA-10m  They can move before attacking.  Therefore move into an enemy tanks hex.  Is this a rear attack?

• @Half-Track:

Broken! units with aggression

BA-10m  They can move before attacking.  Therefore move into an enemy tanks hex.  Is this a rear attack?

Sweet.  24 hrs and you broke it!

• Here’s my post on the Wizard site…for what good it would do:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=17006919&postcount=42

I say make my suggested change and they drop just the change to the stacking resoltion rules.

(They can keep 3 units-per-hex, I have no problems with that)

• @Motdc:

Here’s my post on the Wizard site…for what good it would do:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=17006919&postcount=42

I say make my suggested change and they drop just the change to the stacking resoltion rules.

(They can keep 3 units-per-hex, I have no problems with that)

Mot I’m not understanding anyone on the forum but you.  Are you saying they changed the stacking rules AGAIN because you said it’s broken.

I also don’t see anything about units with aggression…

• It’s broken for all the reasons you described and I later exponded upon.

If at the end of the phase a hex is overstacked, you must, in reverse order from how the unit entered, back them out until the hex is not overstacked.  And this includes reloading units onto transports that unloaded to relieve overstacking…

• @Motdc:

It’s broken for all the reasons you described and I later exponded upon.

If at the end of the phase a hex is overstacked, you must, in reverse order from how the unit entered, back them out until the hex is not overstacked.  And this includes reloading units onto transports that unloaded to relieve overstacking…

Only aggression and unloading Large artilery units make it broken.  Otherwise I think it might work… there are a bunch of questions to answer though.  I listed some of them above.

I don’t think players will overstack on purpose thus no need to remember all moves.  Players won’t overstack just for the sake of overstacking to prove a point.

• WotC_Huscarl

Re: Transport/stacking problems

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timing is everything.

Turn A, 2nd Assault Phase: Transport and towed gun enter the firing position hex.
    Turn B, 1st or 2nd Movement Phase: Gun dismounts into firing position, transport withdraws to safety.
    Turn B, 1st or 2nd Assault Phase: Deployed gun opens fire.

Yes, it demands that you have favorable initiative, prioritize your actions, and think at least half a turn ahead in order to bring a unit with limited mobility into action. Which of those is the bad thing?

Steve

Mot this was on your post.  It’s from WOC staff.  Guns have not movement until the attack phase, can they dismount on movement phase?

• All units must mount and dismount in the Move phase.  No unit can mount or dismount in the Assualt phase.

Dismounting can be performed by units even if they “cannot Move”.  (Even a Mosin not adj to a Commander can dismount).

With these new rules, you cannot start the game with your 88 or Bofors loaded on a transport, move to a drop location on turn 1, and dismount it.

How is that not broken!?

• @Motdc:

With these new rules, you cannot start the game with your 88 or Bofors loaded on a transport, move to a drop location on turn 1, and dismount it.

How is that not broken!?

Agreed, this needs to be fixed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m