Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

10 Years Ago

• 2018 2017 2016 '11 Moderator

According to thepeoplehistory.com this is what things cost 10 years ago:

$2.53 on average for 1 pound of bacon
    $3.16 on average for a gallon of 2 percent milk
    $0.88 on average for a dozen grade A large eggs (white)
    $1.26 on average for a loaf of bread
    $1.06 on average for a gallon of unleaded gas
    $0.32 on average for a first class stamp

According to my first hand experience, at Jewel-Osco food stores and Shell Gasoline:

$3.69 for 1 pound of bacon (brand name: Corn King, a common brand here)
    $2.99 for a gallon of 2 percent milk (Jewel brand)
    $1.98 for a dozen grade A large eggs (white)
    $2.00 for a loaf of white bread - whole grain + calcium and vitamin D (Sara Lee - Note, price is 2 for $4 which is 1 for $2)
    $3.69 for a gallon of unleaded gas (Shell, note does NOT include 10% discount for using shell card, with discount cost is $3.32 gallon.)
    $0.42 for a first class stamp

I just thought it interesting.  What do things cost for you where you live?  I ask, because this nation is frakking huge!  Fresh lobster in Maine has to be less than in Chicago, etc.

• for us 4 litres of milk is 4$and a bit higher and lower in canada
    and eggs is 2$ in canada
    loaf of bread is like 2.50$ lol
    stamps are 25 cents weres the cents sign they are actually making sense
    bacon dont realy now to well im guessing 3$
    and gass is more then yours lol a gallon=3 litres we pay 1.30$= 390 for a gallon also a gallon is more like 3.214343545459349 a litre

• 2018 2017 2016 '11 Moderator

Canadian Bacon is Ham in America.  Unless you are referring to what Americans call bacon (long, paper thin strips of meat)

Other than that, it appears ~ to what we pay here for you up there. (~ means Approximately Equal To)

• great glad to be of some assistance(bacon is kool for us)

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m