• I was reading several topics and see ncscswitch posts as ‘guest.’ What is up with that?

• I just had that thought to.  I was looking at the stats and saw he wasn’t in the top posters…

• Not to echo what you two have said but…  :| I noticed that this morning as well.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Switch resigned his post as moderator last June (effective July if I remember correctly).  At the time, I believe, he had mentioned something about deleting his account and leaving once he wrapped up some games and threads here.

Perhaps he has wrapped up what he wanted to wrap up.

Anyway, I was looking through the last couple of pages of his 2v2 tournament game and the bickering in that game did not seem to be picking up, so I don’t think that’s why he left.  But I do believe he left of his own volition - though why he deleted his account I don’t know, I would have just stopped posting if I was leaving and left my account open to return later in case I changed my mind.

/shrug

• I resigned over rules violations that were allowed to stand.

I created this ID to thank U-505 for “getting” the point I had been making in the Tournament Lounge, and I saw this thread, and wanted to set the record straight.

I was not banned.  I was not removed.  I deliberately deleted my account yesterday, and this one will follow shortly since I have now set the record straight.  My account is gone because I chose it.  I want to make that VERY clear.

As a former United States Air Force Academy Cadet, and as a gentleman, I simply cannot accept the new standard for gaming on the forum where the rules are the rules, unless you are favored by the management in which case they will remove the rules in order to keep the favored players around.  The “toleration” clause of my Cadet Oath simply is too strong and demands that I either correct the matter (which I cannot) or leave (which I have).

Changing the rules mid-game in a Tournament is 100% unacceptable, and the only reason I stayed through most of September was to try to keep my teammate Bo in the Tournament so that he could select a new partner for Round 2 and keep playing.

• @Switchtemp:

As a former United States Air Force Academy Cadet

lol?  It’s a board game…

• 2007 AAR League

thats too bad, i’ll moderate if you want me too.  :evil:

has there been as many games going as of late, and it seems that these rooms have slowed waaayyy down.

• I’m sorry to see you go, Switch. Thanks for sharing your side of it.

• I am sorry to see you go, but I respect you for standing by your principles.

Good luck,
    LT

• Since we signed up around the same time (nearly 3 years ago), I feel obligated to delete my account as well…

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, I’m gone a couple weeks and it looks like I missed the fun, btw I didn’t know you had to be a space-cadet to have a code of ethics…

• @dezrtfish:

LMAO, I’m gone a couple weeks and it looks like I missed the fun, btw I didn’t know you had to be a space-cadet to have a code of ethics…

It seems more a matter of his not wanting to make a compromise on the code he has.

• wasnt here for a few days. Went to the stats page and saw no Switch there…
    i assumed ˝the worst˝. it seems i wasnt wrong.

havent keep a track on that game you mention switch but i am sad you are leaving. on the other side your attitude(to delete the account) shows the standpoint of a great man.(defiant or not)

hope to see you around here…
    maybe you can start all over…from the beginning…think about it.if not now…who knows at some time… anew

all the best
    Amon

• '19 Moderator

Well I guess it’s just me but the whole thing seems a bit childish.

• It’s not just you.

• I don’t know I would have gone as far as to resign my profile here I just simply wouldn’t play in any more tourney’s.  :|

(spelling correction)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t know about great.  My son storms off in a huff when he loses an argument and while I love him dearly, I don’t think his storming off in a temper-tantrum is necessarily “great.”

Not to make a huge thing of it, but Mr. Switch did have a history of being a sore loser in some games.  I remember the game where he was going to prove to me that Kill Japan First could not work, it ended up with him quitting and calling me names because Russia owned everything East of Berlin (E. Europe, Balkans, Ukraine, W. Russia, etc).

So, based on my PERSONAL experience with the man, I might see his actions in a different light.  Of course, you have to take my opinion with a grain of salt because Mr. Switch is not here to defend himself.  (I think the thread might still exist, but it is probably pretty buried.  I still have the last map file however.)

That said, he is a valuable human being and I would not, in any way, want to diminish his rights to self expression.  the fact he is returning to his roots as a cadet and a cadet “will not lie, cheat nor steal.  Nor will a cadet tolerate any amongst him who will.”  According to West Point (there are extended versions that also state that a cadet will adhere to the laws of the duly established government and to put the needs and desires of others before his own, but I don’t think he was referencing those clauses.) is a good indicator he has decided to grow as a human being.  For that, I will commend him.  We should all grow as human beings whenever we are given the chance.

Perhaps one day he will cool off, create a new account here, and return to the community.

• Who knows perhaps he will return. He is definatly reading these posts in any event.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve makes for these types of results. Its better too look at the big picture being just a game and place for information exchange rather than a homecoming game with the rival football team.

oh well lets hope for the best. Move forward

• 2007 AAR League

It was all about principles for him. After careful consideration of the situation, and without going into any detail, I was, and still am, inclined to agree with him.

And yes, Jen, his actions do seem a bit excessive. However, quite a few of us, myself included, take this game very seriously, especially at tournament time. There have been plenty of rules entanglements and extreme behavior in the past and his actions weren’t surprising, out of character, or entirely unwarranted, either.

Knowing that many of us own firearms and drink heavily during the games, it’s probably a good thing that they don’t occur face to face.  :lol:

• '19 Moderator

@U-505:

Knowing that many of us own firearms and drink heavily during the games, it’s probably a good thing that they don’t occur face to face.  :lol:

LMAO, I own fire arms and generaly drink quite a bit durring my games, but it is just a game after all…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m