• @marechallannes:

What’s the problem?

You won’t buy “THIS GAME” cause somebody could bomb Italy to ruins?

With this new weapon develop system there is a good chance to develop radar. Three bombers fly in and you will shot one down every round!

If they concentrate on Italy - Germany and Japan will give’em hell!

Bombers are expensive! If they build a lot of it, the somewhere on the board are less ships, infantery, etc….

This game can’t be ruled by a single factor like SBR or rockets!

Dito

• just make house rules to fix it, but play the game before you jump to conclusions.

Obviously if its got some issue Italy will get more pieces and you will be happy.

edit: joke not taken well on pizza

• I think that the best buy for Italy on turn 1 is TRS+1 inf. You need two transports to put up a real threat to Caucasus or in the Med. You need to leave 1 BB in CMD to protect that TRS build from the UK bmb on turn 1.

The problem with combating Italy is that they have such a heavy shore bombardment force, which makes it hard to take Algeria. EGY and TRJ should fall to a combined German and Italian assault in almost every game, the big fight will be after the first 2 turns. I think a stronger concentration of naval and air forces is a better way to bring Italy down than just shipping land units into Algeria. Once that fleet is destroyed, Italy becomes a “sitting duck”. SBR vs. Italy can be effective I think as a preparation for entering the Med. A CV is a good buy for Italy, so preventing that build by using SBR can be a boost for the Allies.

• @Lynxes:

I think that the best buy for Italy on turn 1 is TRS+1 inf. You need two transports to put up a real threat to Caucasus or in the Med. You need to leave 1 BB in CMD to protect that TRS build from the UK bmb on turn 1.

The problem with combating Italy is that they have such a heavy shore bombardment force, which makes it hard to take Algeria. EGY and TRJ should fall to a combined German and Italian assault in almost every game, the big fight will be after the first 2 turns. I think a stronger concentration of naval and air forces is a better way to bring Italy down than just shipping land units into Algeria. Once that fleet is destroyed, Italy becomes a “sitting duck”. SBR vs. Italy can be effective I think as a preparation for entering the Med. A CV is a good buy for Italy, so preventing that build by using SBR can be a boost for the Allies.

I couldn’t agree more with you. However you can always face German defeat at Egypt (like I described somewhere else).

With 2 trns plus ground forces moving from Balkans to Ukraine the Italians are a force to be reckoned with.  :wink:

• the trick is the italians need a german player who will coperate and actually fight in africa with the troops there then send troops in italy to defend it so italy, can send men (lets say 4inf. every turn from 2 transport after a few turns to egypt if take)

• I don’t see what the big deal is if Italy is bombed back to the stone age.

So what!?  If it would take some heat off of Germany I think that alone may have made it a better game.

LT

• If i was germany i would want the allies to bomb italy even if i am italy because germany can come back after operation barbossa and have many units (fighters and ships near the atlantic) ready for battle.  I would if italy ask for support and wish for germany to send a few inf. a turn to my beloved capital though bombing taly is an excuse for the allies giving the game to the axis!

• I don’t see where bombing Italy is all that big a help for the Allies. Just like in revised once the Axis (in this case) Italy can get a tank or two into Egypt to blitz around Africa the Axis has completed its goal of taking away UK IPCs. one of the things I have found that Italy can do to help out the Germans is to send one or two infantry per round to France. This provides defense and frees up German infantry for the Eastern Front. While I haven’t tested it yet a bomber purchase or two for Italy for a SBR campaign against England in concert with Germany may not be such a bad idea either.

• if i am italy (asia or africa and when we are losing support on main land italy + france0h)

Anyways what i see is more battles in africa (i am hoping to look forward to pacific battles which i love!)

I play this game called b.net and this guy made a a&a europe and a&a pacific on it and it is pro but he wanted to make the full map but not enough space!

This game is very similiar except not turn basis and (fighters like the spitfire lancester hurricane you can buy seperate planes and tanks like germany panzer 3 panzer 4 king tiger (like germany has 20 different tanks)

These games rule except a&a pacific leans towards the allies!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m