• i’m trying to set up a game of ‘a and a’ beginning in 1939,i have one set up although i think the board may be over loaded in some areas and not enough in others, germany are in four region’s with about 24 inf 18 tnk 12 fghtr 12 artlr and about 10 various sea units japan also are in four region’s with about half the forces of germany, the s.u. control all the s.u. and ukraine, belarus,west russia and eastern europe, they have 17 inf 5 tnk 8 artlr 3 fght 1 bmb 2 tns 2 sub and 1 btls the u.k similar forces with larger navy in seven region’s including western europe, and the u.s. with a force of 10 inf 4 tnk 2 artlr 7 fghtr 2 bmb 4 tns 2 dstr 2 btls 2 a.c. only in the u.s., i was thinking of only using the u.s. after the first attack on the u.s. except for the u.s. supported chinese in china, the axis start with more i.p.c’s and less territory value the allies are the opposite, sort of a “war chest” if you like,i’m not sure how many units should be in china, 1 in each region or more,also should there be a relatively large force in india, i have no units in the south pacific, japan controls shanghai, with a large force.i’m leaving unoccupied axis region’s vacant and of no value unless conquered, but only by axis powers and allied  unoccupied region’s only add to i.p.c’s when “activated” i.e. when friendly units occupy or liberate them, should the u.s. be gathering let’s say small i.p.c’s while idle. any idea’s, answers, related topics or suggestions greatly appreciated, i’m playing the 2004 version.

• 24 inf 18 tnk 12 fghtr 12 artlr and about 10 various sea…

have a look at our AARHE 1939 set up to guide you because its based partly on that map. Your figures are way too high for 1939 for german hardware

• yeah i think your right about that, i had a look at the AARHE map 1939 set up,it looks really good,i think i’ll modify it for the board i have and see how it works.is there a rule set online for AARHE,thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• yea find tekkyy and look under his signature line for the links… hes all over this place.

• i found the links to the threads really helpful,i downloaded the rules file and saved it on the computer then i couldnt open it, i had this problem before with other files,i think its something to do with “word” or something,are there any other files or sites that have the rules

• yeah, i can download those files,i can definetely use some of those rules in my game,i think i’ll use the new units and fortresses and some of the politics,and as near to the set up as i can.thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m