• imperious you are liek the biggest fan if larry looks over this you are im just getting into it i just got a&ae want a&aa and have played 2nd addition a&a
    but i find that many people try to undermind you and try to get to your evil side but you never get to that you wise-crack at them.
    this is funny when i see wise-cracks

• Official Q&A

@Constantinople:

Krieghund

Can you confirm or deny what IL says about this “D Day” rule?

That would be awesome?

There are no rules for combined attacks of any kind.

• look up the placements i did so a month ago they seemed very stable the income of germany 40 and if italy joins in gerry adds 12 income there very nicely done expecially giving mor german men in afirka smart shows rommel

• imperious you are liek the biggest fan if larry looks over this you are im just getting into it i just got a&ae want a&aa and have played 2nd addition a&a
    but i find that many people try to undermine you and try to get to your evil side but you never get to that you wise-crack at them.
    this is funny when i see wise-cracks

I encourage them to “undermine” me because it means i’m leading the squad and they are just crumpy about it. Those “wise cracks” are a means to keep them in line and push them forward and over the hills.

Look at me like Sgt. Saunders. Hills are for Heroes!

• Too bad about no D-day
    I understand there will be no National Advantages either  :-(

• @Krieghund:

@Sherman:

Kreig, will there be any major suprises that we haven’t heard about and/or discussed on the Message Boards?

Major surprises?  Probably not.  The biggest surprise left is the actual gameplay.  :-D

Hi Kreighund  :-)… I know I shouldn’t assume, but it would appear that you have a copy of the game rules, and it also appears that you’re being nice enough to give us some info, but only in the form of yes/no type answers.

So, with those assumptions in mind, I’m just going to throw out the fishing net and see what we come up with  :-)

Are there any rules whereby SUBs can damage economies?
    Are there any National Objectives that are affected by SUB locations?
    Will all countries have the same unit stats and abilities, or will there be some nation-specific differences?
    Are there any rules for Interceptors of any kind?
    Will there be non-combat Air transport?
    Will Artillery get any new capabilities (eg. Opening Fire)?
    Will Armor get any new capabilities (eg. PanzerBlitz like movement for all)?
    Will Carriers be 2-Hit?
    Do Battleships repair the same?
    In the 41 Setup, does UK have more than 1 starting IC?
    In the 41 Setup, does Germany have more than 1 starting IC?
    In the 41 Setup, does US have more than 2 starting ICs?
    Will Japan and Russia have some sort of Non-Agression Treaty?
    Are the nation markers thick or thin?
    Do the three separate board fragments actually interconnect or are they just meant to be side by side?

Tried to think of 20, but could only come up with 15.  Sorry to be a pest but I’m just excited about the new game and we’re definitely not getting much info from Avalon Hill.  At least not so far  :-(

• /Cousin Joe

Just go through the fact thread. We basically have all the rules, except for 2 national objectives. We don’t have the '42 setup yet, but the '41 setup is confirmed. The only questions I think you can’t find on this forum are the two map questions.

So there’s plenty of room for discussion on different threads on what the new game will mean, welcome!

• Official Q&A

@cousin_joe:

Are there any rules whereby SUBs can damage economies?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Are there any National Objectives that are affected by SUB locations?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Will all countries have the same unit stats and abilities, or will there be some nation-specific differences?

They are the same.

@cousin_joe:

Are there any rules for Interceptors of any kind?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Will there be non-combat Air transport?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Will Artillery get any new capabilities (eg. Opening Fire)?

Only with techs.

@cousin_joe:

Will Armor get any new capabilities (eg. PanzerBlitz like movement for all)?

Only with techs.

@cousin_joe:

Will Carriers be 2-Hit?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Do Battleships repair the same?

Yes.

@cousin_joe:

In the 41 Setup, does UK have more than 1 starting IC?
    In the 41 Setup, does Germany have more than 1 starting IC?
    In the 41 Setup, does US have more than 2 starting ICs?

I can’t answer questions about setups.

@cousin_joe:

Will Japan and Russia have some sort of Non-Agression Treaty?

No.

@cousin_joe:

Are the nation markers thick or thin?

I don’t know.

@cousin_joe:

Do the three separate board fragments actually interconnect or are they just meant to be side by side?

I believe they’re just side-by-side, but I don’t know for sure.

• Cool.
    Thanks for the answers Kreighund.  :-)
    I guess you’re right… no major surprises
    But I am excited to see how the game will play
    Most of all, is how the new cheap SUBs will play in both the Atlantic and Pacific, as well as the transports essentially being noncombatants.

• ya i agree with you cheaper subs = germany time unless the germany some how has the idea in mind to mass navy then subs and maybe ship from the start would be in the atlantic which is smart german strat

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m