• hello, i’m new to the game and to this forum, this probably goes in the ask a stupid question get a stupid answer category,
    is it possible to shoot down paratroopers when they are being deployed and if so what units do i need to do it.

• d142,

The simple answer is no, you can not shoot paratroops as they float to the ground.  There is various debate about paratroop use and I think Motdc said it best.  They represent the confusion on the battlefield.  Some think they should be deployed prior to turn one but they are just what they are.  They can change the course of a game but my experience is to jump in immediately to hold ground at the objective instead of arriving later and trying to fight onto the objective.  More often then not, I’ll limit their jump capability and use them just as hardcore infantry soldiers.

• thanks for the info, yeah i like the idea of paratroopers being able to deploy on any turn, it add’s some more strategy for both players,i think.
    dont know if i’d like the idea of them being attacked by anti air fire, that might limit them too much,altough it could be interesting too.
    thanks again for the reply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m