• Just put the finishing touches on this today. I had it done a while ago, but just got my swastikas in and finalized it. From the front mast back is scratchbuilt. The flight deck is raised up on 4 pieces of balsa and 4 pieces of plastic. The smokestack is balsa, masts are brass. The circular decal is a US yellow marine circled star with the star cut out. The flight deck lines were masked off with 1/16" crepe masking tape and damp-brushed with white. A couple AA guns from my micro-armor spare parts box made nice deck guns. Radar towers are plastic. Flight deck (hard plastic) is made from the removable dividers of a storage case, like what you might store your tanks in.
    The 2nd turret is raised up on a thin custom made plastic washer, so thier is no turret interference.
    –—
    NOTE: This scan came out way dark, I had to lighten it up for the top view - the side view shows the actual shade of grey.

• I would welcome anything you can create to facilitate your efforts in this section. I am not sure what that would be other than i created a sticky for your painting guidelines, but id like to do something more to promote your stuff. If you have any ideas ill make them a sticky or we can elaborate the section on Painting to include colors for each nation and perhaps a step by step guide on painting AA boardgame pieces for each nation, where you can promote your service but also provide a valuable starting point for painting simple AA pieces with color and description of how to do it.

• I think I covered the “basics” for most simple, yet realistic paint jobs. As far as doing the pieces for the A&A board game, the same basics apply. The hard part is being specific about what exact shades to use use. I have never painted any of the pieces for the board game, so I could not promise accuaracy for each color. I mostly learn to use what color to use for basing, inks, and highlights, by trial and error.

@Imperious:

I would welcome anything you can create to facilitate your efforts in this section. I am not sure what that would be other than i created a sticky for your painting guidelines, but id like to do something more to promote your stuff. If you have any ideas ill make them a sticky or we can elaborate the section on Painting to include colors for each nation and perhaps a step by step guide on painting AA boardgame pieces for each nation, where you can promote your service but also provide a valuable starting point for painting simple AA pieces with color and description of how to do it.

• I can say with some certainty that if you just painted one each of say German or Russian or American and did it with the intent of getting orders for complete sets and you also did it with just the right enough of care to make it look halfway decent and at a good price…say .50-1.00 each unit…you may have some more converts. I can even make your work a sticky. You basically rule this section of the site from what i can tell.

• I have no pieces from Axis & Allies. I used to, as I have converted a few A&A board game planes to WaS planes in the past, but I traded them away, and no longer have any that I could paint as examples.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m