AARHE - Limiting abilities on 2-Hit Naval Units

• Has there been any discussions on limiting any attack values, movement, plane carrying capacity, etc when a 2-Hit naval unit takes 1-hit?
    Currently as I read it, after a hit battleships do not take mid-combat shots and any naval unit with 1 hit takes the next allocated hit.

It would seem however, that a cruiser taking damage would be limited in its affective firepower and/or movement.  A carrier would also be affected by the number of aircraft it could carry and/or its speed.  Were there any considerations to go beyond just the BB limitations?

• It would seem however, that a cruiser taking damage would be limited in its affective firepower and/or movement.  A carrier would also be affected by the number of aircraft it could carry and/or its speed.  Were there any considerations to go beyond just the BB limitations?

Not as yet, but i would propose the following:

Carrier with 1 hit: moves 2
    Cruiser with 1 hit: moves 2

• yeah if it was hit by torpedos, the speed should be reduced (a hole in the hull lol)
    while shells tend to hit the decks right?

but then for gameplay we wouldn’t want the player to have to draw the differentiation

• So what do you think the naval unit should have as a penalty for damaged status?

• I am not yet sure if its worthwhile to add a rule
    besides Carrier and Cruiser, are we including Battleship?

if we reduce combat value, carrier’s attack 1 defend 1 would become 0, we then need clarification (like those regarding transports) to keep lawyers happy

we could consider reducing movement points
    now I’m sure flank speeds are reduced in reality from hull damage, what about  cruising range? does that reduce significantly?

Currently as I read it, after a hit battleships do not take mid-combat shots and any naval unit with 1 hit takes the next allocated hit.

both of those are not currently in the latest uploaded file
    if anyone is alarmed, I can look up the historical backup to see when were they removed and track down forum posts related to its removal

• we could consider reducing movement points:

OK cruisers and carriers with one hit move 2 rather than 3

BB hit loses its preemptive fire if fighting another BB, or its attack drops to 3

which you like or perhaps both?

• Tekkyy where are you?

• I prefer

cruisers and carriers with one hit move 2 rather than 3

• ok lets do it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m