Brazil IC in Non-Mediterranian US strat

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The plan that worked for me was:

Industrial in Brazil USA 1

• 2 Infantry, Artillery, AA Gun to Brazil

Set up a shuck to Brazil from E. USA (1 transport in SZ 10 and 1 in SZ 18 is fine, you only need 1 more dude to fill 2 transports worth from SZ 22 into Africa anyway.)

Build fleet in SZ 10 and move them down to SZ 22

Buy USA 4 you should have 38 IPC which could be 3 Submarines, Destroyer (the Destroyer prevents Japan from attacking the new submarines for free)  meanwhile the rest of your fleet (42+40+38-15-ground units worth) should be swinging down into SZ 42 ready to liberate Australia if needed or to unite iwth the SZ 55 fleet.

Note, it takes 3 turns to get the Transport/Battleship from SZ 55 to SZ 22 anyway, so this really is no faster/slower than America would move.

Honestly, though, I’m liking the extra transport and just shuttling down to Brazil and over instead of the complex and moving over.  8 IPC for the transport is < than 15 IPC for the complex.  And the extra transport can still be used after Africa is secure and Germany is toothless in the Atlantic.

• I want to try this out. I like the idea of being only 2 spaces aways from Western Europe.

• '16 '15 '10

I don’t see the appeal of a Brazil IC when the USA already has a 12 ipc factory in Eastern USA.  I’d rather buy another transport and 2 pieces of gear and ship them directly into Africa.

A Brazil IC isn’t useless but it doesn’t seem very efficient.

• The factory is more efficient than buying 2 trns (to ship 2 units from EUS to Bra every turn), because it’s cheaper and you can send an extra unit (3 instead of 2). The only downside is that it is slightly less flexible than the transports, though you can still reach WE in one turn from sz 18, which should give the Germans a bit more pause in Europe.

• '16 '15 '10

I’d say the problems with a Brazil factory are similar to the problems with a South Africa buy.  If I’m in a multi and UK builds in South Africa, I’ll ask them why, and they’ll say to secure Africa.  Well, it’s true a factory in SA will make it hard for Germany to take Africa.  But of course there are better ways to accomplish this that don’t involve buying a 15 ipc factory far far away from the front.

It’s pretty much the same thing with Brazil.  It does help secure Africa and/or get men to Western faster.  But there are better ways to accomplish these objectives.

• @Col.Stauffenberg:

I want to try this out. I like the idea of being only 2 spaces aways from Western Europe.

Keep in mind that 2 spaces is a good attack run distance for German FTR’s to hit and run back to W Europe.

• @Zhukov44:

I don’t see the appeal of a Brazil IC when the USA already has a 12 ipc factory in Eastern USA.  I’d rather buy another transport and 2 pieces of gear and ship them directly into Africa.

A Brazil IC isn’t useless but it doesn’t seem very efficient.

I agree. Unless you plan on deploying a massive amount of troops in Africa, I think the IPCs could be better spent elsewhere.

• @LT04:

@Col.Stauffenberg:

I want to try this out. I like the idea of being only 2 spaces aways from Western Europe.

Keep in mind that 2 spaces is a good attack run distance for German FTR’s to hit and run back to W Europe.

German fighters are more valuable to them than US capitol ships are to the us. Rd 1 I’d build an AC. By round 2 I’d have 2 dd’s, a loaded AC and some trans.

• 2007 AAR League

NO.

• @ezto:

NO.

No what? You talk about useless suggestions in the Confronting Monster Japan thread, but fail to provide a useful one here.
    I know that I am new to this forum, but even I know that a single word post is not very useful.
    If you have a better suggestion, by all means share it- you most likely have much more experience than I do.

• 2007 AAR League

Sure. ill PM some.

• there’s a simple reason not to put an IC in brazil.

If britian doesn’t royally screw up, they should build the SA IC, and coupling that with the fact that it would take a few turns for both u and germany to actually engage, the IPC’s you spent on that factory and any units you built there would be better off used to take the fight into Europe or to combat Japan in the pacific and keeping them off US soil.

All in all, it’s Britian’s job to build the units in Africa, while the US just throws attacks at the Med fleet and any German land units on the continent. The US shouldn’t be responsible for reinforcing africa via Brazil.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m