Should I bother buying any other A&A game?

• Morning pro’s

I am a big fan of A&A revised (pref enhanced rule set) I’d be interested in playing in a more local area

D-Day, Europe, Pacific, Battle of the Bulge, Guadalcanal, all come up every now and then on E-Bay

Which is best? I’ve looked at reviews and so on boardgamegeek so please don’t feel obliged to give your reasons. A quick poll would be helpful though.

Ta

Trusty

• IMHO, Revised is the best.

I own all the A&A games and in my playgroup we play Revised more than all the others.

• @Trusty:

Morning pro’s

I am a big fan of A&A revised (pref enhanced rule set) I’d be interested in playing in a more local area

D-Day, Europe, Pacific, Battle of the Bulge, Guadalcanal, all come up every now and then on E-Bay

Which is best? I’ve looked at reviews and so on boardgamegeek so please don’t feel obliged to give your reasons. A quick poll would be helpful though.

Ta

Trusty

Europe and Pacific give you a better feel for the differences between each theater, with a lot of naval action in the Pacific game.  Plus they give you additional pieces to be used in the other A&A games.

• What I like about the other A&A games is how they have their own rule sets that are all just a little bit diffrent.  For example in D-Day both sides can occupy the same space.  In A&AP with the CAP rule FTR’s don’t always have to land on CV’s or land.

I like how every game has it’s own feel that makes it unique.

LT

• Expanding on LT04 a bit more.  I like the A&A rules for subs better than the Revised rules, and the convoy routes in both Europe and Pacific add another dimension to the game.  You can download the rules at the Avalon Hill Website to see them if you want.

• Thankyou folks. I’ve just purchased a secondgand A & A Europe.

Tristy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m