South America Has Troubles, Too …

• I find it hard to belive that the following was written by a very
    liberal American (obviously less liberal than liberal Europeans.)…
    @Georgie:

Gerardo Bongiovanni, who runs Argentina’s premier free-market think-tank said, “Argentina has 14 currencies. One national currency, the peso, and 13 others which have arisen spontaneously across the country. Many of these are printed illegally, in Chile, and brought into the country. Barter is still widely used. There are demonstrators called ‘piqueteros,’ most of them from the trade unions, who barracade the roads everywhere, stopping all traffic.”
    With bank accounts frozen by a desperate gov’t., most Argentines have lost 75% of their savings. The middle class is now almost poverty stricken. The country has defaulted on more than 140 million (that’s thousand thousands) $s of external debt. It no longer has sufficient dollar reserves in the Central Bank to back the value of the peso.
    Argentina, one of the most cultured and wealthy countries of the hemisphere, fell apart quickly. Three years ago, the countries per capita income was 8,909 $s, or three times that of Poland. After it fell into recession, per capita sank to 2,500 $s, about equal to Jamaica and Belarus. Argentines are increasingly hungry, desperate and in despair.
    Columbia is sunk in a seemingly endless civil war between the elected gov’t. and Marxist guerrillas financed by drug traffickers. In Venezuela, a foolish leftist romantic, President Hugo Chavez, is using immense oil wealth to further destroy his country.
    Impoverished countries, like Peru, with poor governance, are seeing a resurgence of guerrilla movements. Brazil just keeps getting poorer and suffering the most intense income differences between the poor and rich of any region of the world. During the 1990’s, Paraguay, like many Latin countries, moved toward an uneasy form of democracy. But greed, violence and corruption consumed even that small promise.
    When you look at these countries, potentially as rich as Croesus, with intelligent people and every opportunity on today’s world stage - and particularly when you look at Argentina - it becomes impossible not to conclude that the problem is the culture. The historical self-indulgence of the countries that came out of the south of Spain, With its authiritarian “amor” for dictatorships, rigid class systems and inbred corruption, is really to blame.
    Mark Falcoff of the American Enterprise Institute wrote recently: “Argentina’s crisis is economic, social and political, but it is also spiritual and cultural.”
    The largest problem in modern development, for Latin America, has been to insert the correct values and priciples for democracy and capitalism into societies that do not have them.

WOW! This lady speaks 5 languages fluently, has a personal relationship with many current and past world leaders, and has spent extended time (more than just your decadent two week vacation) in many countries around the world. - Xi

• and ??? :o

• Argentina, along with Venezuela, are the key to the coming Communist Revolution in South America and eventually the world. If only the native would realize this… the quality of life…

• w.r.t. Brazil, i don’t see it getting poorer - although i can understand that the gap between the wealthy and the poor continues to grow there. At the same time, when i’d last visited it was (as far as i could tell) in its “pre-teen” years - about to sprout politically (democracy having just entered the country, nudging away fascism), fewer actions by paramilitary organizations, and it was working to renew itself economically with the introduction of the Riel (at par with the US dollar at the time), a new free-trade initiative, and other attempts at reform. mind you, this was about 5 years ago, and i havn’t been paying that much attention since.
    Also the amount of poverty there is nearly overwhelming - particularly given the contrasts between the very wealthy and the very poor.

• fact: french guniana a country in south america is still under french rule. I think they have a problem with imperilism too.

• @c_c_:

… the amount of poverty there is nearly overwhelming - particularly given the contrasts between the very wealthy and the very poor.

That is what I said! Currently the Brazilian Real is 3.803 to the US Dollar.
    @GZ:

fact: french guniana a country in south america is still under french rule. I think they have a problem with imperilism too.

Isn’t that a wee bit redundant?

Caio, Xi

• T_6, currently the Brazilian Real is 3.803 to the US Dollar.

And you gave this to me because?

• dam Commies lol

• T_6, sorry, errata correcta.
    Do you think they can go from a romantic president (Ven.) and a faltering republic (Arg.) to communism? I think they will try something else first. What … I don’t know, but not straight to communism. :cry: Do you really believe that the educated who come to power next(though as I said, I don’t believe they will be the first in power) will be communist leaning? Your ‘native’ comment leads me to think otherwise. - Xi

• dam Commies lol

:lol: Fascist skinhead.

Do you think they can go from a romantic president (Ven.) and a faltering republic (Arg.) to communism?

They are fools. They have seen the militant coups by the ruling class and yet they do nothing. The people are supportive and yet they turn a blind eye to communism and the teachings of Marx.

you really believe that the educated who come to power next(though as I said, I don’t believe they will be the first in power) will be communist leaning?

Us communist are educated and we are more than willing to lend a helping a hand. :)

Your ‘native’ comment leads me to think otherwise. - Xi

When I spoke of native, I was refering to the plight of the Southern proletariat.

• @GeZe:

fact: french guniana a country in south america is still under french rule. I think they have a problem with imperilism too.

the United States still has two colonies, Puetro Rico and Guam but they now are called protectorates which is a fancy name for a colony. My guess is because the UN made colonialism illegal. St. Pire and Michelon are still French.

• @TG:

:lol: Fascist skinhead.

Are you talkin’ ta ME? 8) @TG:

Us communist are educated and we are more than willing to lend a helping a hand. :)

Imperialist wolf in sheep’s clothing! :evil: @TG:

When I spoke of native, I was refering to the plight of the Southern proletariat.

Do not call my worthy struggling comrades peons! :P - Xi

• I think most of South America’s trouble comes from political instability. You see Governments changing way too much there, and it impacts the economies badly.

• Y,
    I disagree. Your answer is too simplistic.
    That’s why I posted the above. - Xi

• What I’m trying to say is that South America’s trouble doesn’t really stem from any long standing economic, imperialist, or enviromental problem. It stems from internal political instability which are very tough to solve. I believe that the situations will slowly resolve themselves.

• Are you talkin’ ta ME?

Nah, DasEwoks. :) I don’t know if you shave YOUR head.

Imperialist wolf in sheep’s clothing!

Yeah, those Stalinist sure are tricky types.

Do not call my worthy struggling comrades peons! - Xi

Who’s calling who a peon? :P

• I think most of South America’s trouble comes from political instability. You see Governments changing way too much there, and it impacts the economies badly.

The problem is that the economy was the politics in South America.

• T_6,
    Nope, don’t shave it. Just watchin’ the race to see if gray hair is gonna be the only occupant left when the receding hairline dominates.
    @T_6:

Who’s calling who a peon? :P

You mentioned the proletariat (same thing.) - Xi

Excuse me, I have to go find a mirror! - Xi

• the Shaving of the Head is very important step in a Neo Facists life :) i started it in 2nd grade :)

• And what role would a shaved head do?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m