• Few questions: Tactic card 10 Combined Assualt-ALLIES, it sounds like to me it allows the Allied art to support the inf but can only be used once. I thought any art in the attack allways backed up the inf. Is it different in D-Day, do the inf allways have 1 and the art allways have 2 without any support? For the blockhouse, what are it’s arcs of fire? Can zone 7 hit the beachead at 11? If Alled units move in on zone 8, can the blockhouse fire inland or do they just sit there? Regarding the 3 citys: Are they complete seperate zones or are they inclueded in the ones they sit in? Ex: Can Allies in 17 move into Caen when theres ger in 31 or are the ger units connected to Caen. Also the whole 8 in 1 zone thing. Does it only concern the Beacheads, or does that include every zone?

• Official Q&A

@Gewehr:

Tactic card 10 Combined Assualt-ALLIES, it sounds like to me it allows the Allied art to support the inf but can only be used once. I thought any art in the attack allways backed up the inf. Is it different in D-Day, do the inf allways have 1 and the art allways have 2 without any support?

Artillery don’t normally boost infantry attack rolls in D-Day.

@Gewehr:

For the blockhouse, what are it’s arcs of fire? Can zone 7 hit the beachead at 11?

Each blockhouse’s firing arc is indicated by the red arrows on the board.  If a blockhouse doesn’t have a red arrow, it can’t fire out to sea.

@Gewehr:

If Alled units move in on zone 8, can the blockhouse fire inland or do they just sit there?

Blockhouses may fire on units in the same zone with them as well as out sea.  Firing within the zone is done during land unit combat in that zone, and the blockhouse is treated in the same way as any other land unit.

@Gewehr:

Regarding the 3 citys: Are they complete seperate zones or are they inclueded in the ones they sit in? Ex: Can Allies in 17 move into Caen when theres ger in 31 or are the ger units connected to Caen.

The cities are a part of the zone that they’re in - they aren’t separate zones unto themselves.  Also, the circle around the city is just there to highlight it, and has no purpose in game play.  The city of Caen is only in the zone in which the city symbol appears.  It doesn’t extend into the other two zones that the white circle around it does.

@Gewehr:

Also the whole 8 in 1 zone thing. Does it only concern the Beacheads, or does that include every zone?

Each zone may only contain eight land units from each side (not each country).  Blockhouses don’t count against this limit, however.  The beachhead boxes aren’t “zones”, and they’re handled differently.  Each beachhead box can only hold the number of units indicated by the unit silhouettes printed in it, however the unit types don’t have to match the silhouettes.

• Well sweet, I aplaud you  8-) Just one more: Why do the Germans have no fighters? To me they should atleast have 1 in the reinforcements box. Also I don’t have the board, and the ABattlemap doesnt show the red arrows. Could you please tell me which blockhouse fire were?  :-D

• Official Q&A

@Gewehr:

Why do the Germans have no fighters? To me they should atleast have 1 in the reinforcements box.

That would make sense to me, also.  I guess they just decided the impact they would have on the game wasn’t worth having them.

@Gewehr:

Also I don’t have the board, and the ABattlemap doesnt show the red arrows.

Shame on you, playing the game without purchasing it!  Larry’s gotta eat, ya’ know.

It seems that’s important information to leave out.  I’d complain to the designer.

@Gewehr:

Could you please tell me which blockhouse fire were?  :-D

There are no numbers on the map.  I don’t know how detailed your map is, so I don’t know if this will help, but the only references I have to identify zones and beachheads are cities in them and their names, respectively.

From the right edge of the map, moving left:

The blockhouses in the zones containing Cabourg and Hermanville fire on Sword Beach.
    The blockhouse in the zone containing Courseulles-sur-Mer fires on Juno Beach.
    The blockhouses in the zone containing Bayeux fire on Gold Beach.
    The blockhouses in the zone containing Grandcamp-Maisy fire on Omaha Beach.
    The blockhouses in the zones containing Audouville, Montebourg and Barfleur fire on Utah Beach.

• I aplaud you again o great knower of A&A D-Day!

Mine has each zone numbered, 1 near cherbourg to 43 at rouen. I’ll look through some sites, I should find a pic of the board and those arrows. Thanks again.

EDIT: Ok, I figured out what blockhouse fires were.  :-D Thank you google.

• @Gewehr:

: Why do the Germans have no fighters? To me they should atleast have 1 in the reinforcements box.

The Luftwaffe was not a factor on DDay!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m