• EE is way better than AE. But they have link up rules called “world Engulfed” made by my friend “Shaka of Chartrage”

• @Imperious:

EE is way better than AE. But they have link up rules called “world Engulfed” made by my friend “Shaka of Chartrage”

How do i get a hold on these “World Engulfed” rules

• Ill check on that.

• thx

• On the Phase 2 map, shouldn’t there be some kind of Soviet convoy in the Persian Gulf or Indian ocean as Iran was an important loaction for Allied supplies entering Russia, at least as important at the murmansk run.

• minor edits on rules. some removed and some added.

http://www.mediafire.com/?giznxzkyit3

• Definitely like some of these ideas both giving artillery better defense and being able to leave them in the territory from which the attack originates. however i don’t see any problem with them attacking as i feel it simply represents artillery divisions moving forward to support an offensive.

i’m also working on a house rule where artillery get a shore gun ability for amphibious defense. i feel something needs to change on amphibious attacks since the current system gives no type of disadvantage to the attacker plus the attacker can bring supporting sea units and make the attack even more in their favor. in reality the same troops who are evenly matched doing a land based assault would be more disadvantaged trying to make that assault from a beach head. perhaps give infantry and artillery a roll of 3 first round. for the shore guns it would allow artillery to fire at 1 against each transport in an effort to destroy it. not sure how i would handle the troops inside if the transport is hit.

• You could just have all defending units fire first, remove attackers that got hit, then remaining attackers fire

• @Imperious:

You could just have all defending units fire first, remove attackers that got hit, then remaining attackers fire

hmmm that would make amphib invasion awfully lethal and tricky……          :-D EXCELLENT

• well it is KISS.

just have defenders fire first in every round and remove loses then attackers fire.

for more realism…

You can also limit the number of units landing each round limited by the IPC value… so in france you can land 6 units 1st round, 12 second, 18 third.

The attackers cant get all the pieces on the beach in one load.

also cost the attacking player one IPC for each land unit used for this purpose. ( this is not a picnic son)

Another thing is to roll a die for sea conditions. 1-3 you can land, 4-6 you cant. Its not like "hey lets invade today… hows the weather?.. why do you ask?.. isn’t it enough that we just decide we are gonna land 1 million men today with no care in the world?.. To me this is asinine that they don’t have something in the rules to cover this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m