• OK, I have a LOT of scan to post for this one. PLease wait until I can get all the pics posted to reply, so I can get the desired “effect”. The last pic I am about to post will show the raw carved-out hulls. It will take me about 30 minutes to post all the scans in the 3 different forums.
    –-
    These are all AAM minis (version 1.0) and are about 1&1/2 inches long.

A more detailed explanation of what you are seeing will be included with the last scans.

First up, 3x Sd234/4s with long 75mm guns.

• 3x Sd234/3 (75mm short guns)

• Sd250s with long 75mm guns

• 4x Sd251 with mortars:

• 3x Sd251 with short 75mm guns:

• 3x Sd251 with 37mm guns:

• 2x Sd250 with triple AA MGs:

• Sd251s:
    6 with long 75mm guns
    3 with short 75mm guns
    2 with AA MGs
    3 with 37mm guns
    4 with mortars
    Sd234s:
    3 with long 75mm guns
    3 with short 75mm guns
    –-----------------
    24 different vehicles. But all are done with only 10 chassis, and 17 different INTERCHANGEABLE weapons platforms.
    Most weapons were made from brass sheet, balsa, paper, clear plastic sheet, and aluminum tubing. Some had guns pirated from 37mm & 75mm German field guns.
      All weapons platforms are loose. They sit nice and flat, unitl I had to tilt these on my flatbed scanner screen. Then they wanted to tip a bit. It was a real pain to get the mortats to sit still for the pics.

• weapons platforms:

• close view of a carved out Sd251 chassis (before adding new lowered flooring):

• Last scan. Here are all the chassis I made, prior to making any of the weapons or floorings.
      Adding in the other halftracks and armored cars in the other thread, this was a total of 23 vehicles all made in a 4 day span.

• While my German army has 2 hunting tigers, 2 KTs, 2 Elephants, 4 Tiger Is, 6 Panthers, 3 Jagd Panthers, 2 Panther MKIIs, etc, etc, etc, the Sd251s are the crux of my German army. In my armor rules, each Sd251 can carry 2 troops. Versions with 37mm, 75mm, and mortars can still carry 1 troop. This makes them able to also tow an artillery piece with its crew, or to carry a superbly armed panzer grenadier.
    –-
    I line them up and on my 1st turn all the mortars and 75mm short guns fire smoke (which lasts for 3 turns). All the other Sd251s take off full speed. Blinded by a continous line of smoke right in front of them, the enemy is helpless to stop these halftracks from racing halfway across the battlefield and setting up thier 75mm AT field pieces and a few 88mm AT guns as well. When the smoke clears, the enemy is faced with a line of artillery all in critical killing range, and a solid line of halftracks charging them - all which carry troops or thier own AT guns. The enemy is overwhelmed by both numbers and the tough choice of picking off the halftracks or the guns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m