What do we know of the -42 Scenario?

• Greetings all,

Here is my AA50PlayersAid1942 Maps.  There are Two,
    Item:one called 1942Lite,
    which gives the basic 2004 Revised setup on the new map, Plus new countries delinated from 1941 setup with a sprinkle of New cruiser units added to the game, and/or the smallest amount of speculation.
    Item:one called 1942Heavy,
    which provides the heavest speculation, such as, if you believe each country would have a battlewagon as its nations flagship,
    (which up to this point Larry has provided;)This also rebalances the so called bid, requirement from 2004 Revised for the Axis.
    So, heavy involves Germany keeping its battlewagon, relocated to the Baltic Gruppe.  This Heavy map is translated from the lone photo of 1942 game display at Gen Con, which also included random piece placements.  I elimanated many of those.  So, this map is a reduction from that display.  I also, cross referenced with Dante’s map. Yes, this is a more speculative, let me see what you see,
    " loose the Dogs, cry havoc "
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=db7389213b434449d2db6fb9a8902bda
    Reality, is somewhere inbetween the two maps,
    enjoy.

• is the gorgia islands worth 1 ipc to show its importance in the reallife?

• @Builder_Chris:

Bluestroke wrote…
    I have studied that picture for several weeks.

Man…you guys are CrAzY……Studying a picture that you “think” is the 42 set up for several weeks…. :?  I have finally found a group of AA & WW2 freaks just like my self! :-D

Thanks for all the pics and speculation so far on this thread, its really cool!  And thanks to Krieghund for introducing me to this site.  I’m pretty new to all of this forum….“stuff”…I never saw the point in all the “talk”, but after getting sick of looking for A&A freaks like myself in my own city and coming up real short I thought I would look online for others that eat sleep and breath all things A&A and WW2. After reading these posts it looks like I finally found the right place!

welcome, I am rather new myself. 
    Yes, I stared at those pics for several weeks, but I was drawing the AA50PlayersAid maps 1941,1942Lite, 1942Heavy.  I wanted to redraw the 2004 Revised game board into a real map and along came those pictures, so off I went.
    There are links to those maps here somewhere.
    I have been attempting to absorb many of the older posts pm this site, to catch up to where the online communities have been.  Man they have covered a lot of ground.

• Bluestroke wrote :
    Here is my AA50PlayersAid1942 Maps.

Wow! Those are cool, I am going to have to study them for a long while before I can give any real feed back.  But cool stuff!

• im only here to find out new stuff about this. Don’t forget the free cookies :-D

• I thikn 2 things for the 1942 setup which is usa has men germany is gettting ready for the next assualt for russia and great britian taking more interest in india/pacific

• im talkingabout reallife not the real game though i hope 1 of these features get to be in it

• 2007 AAR League

This is bizarre. Four pages of more or less no actual information.
    The AA50-42 setup surely seems clouded in mystery…

Anyhow, we DO have the Abattlemap AA50-42 Setup…
    Could anyone comment on how that setup was created?
    Is it at all based on the actual setup charts, a guesstimate based from GENCON pictures, or is it just some extrapolation from the information we got about the AA50-41 setup (which we by now know is wrong)?  Anyone knows?

• @Perry:

You mean only four pages of more or less no actual information?

Yeah I’d be expecting a lot more of close-to-useless speculation too  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

@Hobbes:

You mean only four pages of more or less no actual information?

And my posting in this thread (including this post) added nothing more whatsoever, in regard to actual information about the -42 setup.  :-D  8-)

I expect IL to delete this, & all my other posts in this thread, any second now.  :-D

• why would i do that?

At least you didn’t suffer us with a history lesson that everybody already knows, followed by a plug for YOUR house rules, followed by a recommendation of a good book to read as if your stupid and ignorant when your better read than the poster recommending the book. Keep posting. people like it.

• I was wondering who IL was its imperious leader makes sense lol……

I feel stupid (good thing i am not)  anyways like i prevoiusly posted in 1942 axis have a worser chance to win then 1941 (so i beleive just me many more will prob. play 1941 unless 1942 is better hmmmm better not be wrong)

• @Perry:

The AA50-42 setup surely seems clouded in mystery…

Anyhow, we DO have the Abattlemap AA50-42 Setup…
    Could anyone comment on how that setup was created?
    Is it at all based on the actual setup charts, a guesstimate based from GENCON pictures, or is it just some extrapolation from the information we got about the AA50-41 setup (which we by now know is wrong)?  Anyone knows?

Ok its show time-LOL;
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=db7389213b434449ab1eab3e9fa335ca90971e287b6d25bf
    the real 1942 standup, sondrax forgot, SZ12 in 1942 UK  CA and DD, also units for Eastern Ukraine/ukraine as noted in its arrived thread-LOL.
    Rechecked w Wotc data release- dancing bears….

• we know all the setups and the only difference besides units is german and japanese income majorly!!

• On BGG,there is an American '42 setup card showing three bombers–one on the east coast,one on the west coast and one in england. Now that is righteous  :wink:

• @Heavy:

On BGG,there is an American '42 setup card showing three bombers–one on the east coast,one on the west coast and one in england. Now that is righteous  :wink:

LOL, Your one of those bomber guys.  I like the new setup changes, units start in other countries and transports loaded at sea, verrry nice.

• Bombers are 12 and usa gets tostart with 3 for the -42 setup.  Wow man i know it is funny.

The makers are sayind 1 word “Bombing” “BOMBING” “BOMBING”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m