• 2007 AAR League

@axis_roll:

Seems like they’ll have the cash to produce more interesting units than 10 inf ($30) unless they’re investing in tech.

You know what - I think what it indicates is that you must play an even more aggressive KGF than in Revised…
    Sure, there are lots of bonuses in the Pac/Asian part of the board.
    But the Allied investment needed in order to reach Pac/Asia is far greater than the money needed to move on Germany…
    Ah well, I might just be incorrect altogether… We’ll see what happens…

Anyone up for a friendly game, just give a shout or PM , I’m playing one game at the moment, but more games would be welcomed!

• i have no idea how you guys play this im new and only have a&ae and want a&a50 but have played a&a revisied twice

• @timerover51:

@Perry:

As for Game Balance, I think the German NOs will be very powerful. Initial push into Rus1 will secure a 45-47 income (depending on wheter EGY goes dwn), w/NOs.

R1 can’t counter too much of the german inital gains.
    UK1 neither… At least can’t stop the Germs from securing their NOs again on G2.

So we look at a Germany on 45 income for at least two turns. And prolly in high 40’s for yet some time.

Interesting…

I like some of the techs, but the National Objectives do look very definitely biased in favor of the Axis when it comes to easy achievement of them.  And the US industrial production is ludicrous.  Game balance is one thing, giving the Axis a blank check is another.  May have to simply assign the Allies some techs to start the game to balance it out.

Please use the word “balance” correctly.  Balance is when both sides have a shot to win, you desire to give the Axis no shot to win.  Play how you want, but calling that “balanced” is clearly misleading.

• balanced= dice rolls win unfair means= axis win easily or allies to easily

when i get the agme i am going to be italy and go all out on afrika 1st turn 1 trans and 1 artillery next turn start making 4 inf. when i lose afirka 1 inf. to france a turn

• @italiansarecoming:

balanced= dice rolls win unfair means= axis win easily or allies to easily

when i get the agme i am going to be italy and go all out on afrika 1st turn 1 trans and 1 artillery next turn start making 4 inf. when i lose afirka 1 inf. to france a turn

Two equally skilled players should be able to play either side and see success, that is what I consider balance.  If my less skilled friend is able to beat me easily because he picked a more “powerful” side to play as, that’s unbalanced.  I think that is what you are getting at, however.

I believe your Italy ideas will be quite common.  Africa is the only real target for them, so might as well take as much as you can, then help out in France so that Germany can afford to defend France and Northwest Europe.

• thanks for the nice comment how does karma work lol because i was at like 4+ - -1 but no im at -3 so do peeps say bad karma dude

• now i know smite or apllaud man thats eman some peeps dotn like me lol

• I never really paid attention to Karma personally, not sure what the point is.

• me niether ahh im at +6 wow some people are giving me comments must be me starting to type more aprropriatly(well better anyways)
    also another thing maybe for italy is make a fighter fighters cna move fast from italy and can strike easily?

• Official Q&A

Last one:

@Lynxes:

Soviet Union

• (Control of all at least four out of: Finland, Baltic States, East Poland, Poland, Czechoslovakia/Hungary, Roumania/Bulgaria and/ or Balkans) = 10 IPCs (we know the Soviets have a 10 IPC bonus, but the details are not known)

10 IPCs if Allied powers control at least three of the following: Norway, Finland, Poland, Bulgaria/Romania, Czechoslovakia/Hungary and/or Balkans.

All of the National Objectives are now complete.

• @Krieghund:

Last one:

@Lynxes:

Soviet Union

• (Control of all at least four out of: Finland, Baltic States, East Poland, Poland, Czechoslovakia/Hungary, Roumania/Bulgaria and/ or Balkans) = 10 IPCs (we know the Soviets have a 10 IPC bonus, but the details are not known)

10 IPCs if Allied powers control at least three of the following: Norway, Finland, Poland, Bulgaria/Romania, Czechoslovakia/Hungary and/or Balkans.

All of the National Objectives are now complete.

Thank you Krieghund!

• Many thanks, Krieghund! Now we have the most important change in the game on black and white, can’t wait till my game drops in in the mail!  :-D

• thats sorta easy i do not think many germany’s skip scandinavia maybe if it was worth something more for the axis to defend !

• Krieghund can you confirm that the National Objectives are not optional rules? I think I read somewhere that NO’s are optional rules, but to make things clear, in AA50 the only rules that are optional is tech, right?

• he has already said this many times before. They are optional.

• optionaly ill probably play it with out optional rules then slowly bring them in that way i will not confuse my friends

• Has anyone varied the game in the following 2 ways? #1 each contry for its self, and #2 pick the 3 country alliances by random drawing?

• I’m sure none of us have even play AA50 yet (obviously since its not out yet) but as far as any “variants” that you are talking about, yes I have played similar things but most times I don’t think it is as fun as the “historical” set up.

Most people that play “everyman for himself” types of games like you are talking about make the mistake of not changing the geopolitics of the world and play it with the historical geopolitics which just screws up the game…in my opinion…instead of making it more fun or different.

If you are going to try something like those two ideas, make sure to rework more of the game than just “alliances” it makes for a much better game of what I like to call…“Ultimate Risk”…risk with A&A pieces.

The geopolitics are imperative to those types of games, because everyone should know that “he who makes the most IPC controls the world”, so if everyone starts the game with the same amount of IPC those types of changes make the game a lot more “balanced”.

Just my opinion, personally I still prefer the “historical” setup 99.99% of the time.

Google tripleA and download the latest game, they have a “4 if by sea” and a “6 player free for all” that are kind of fun but the geopolitics are kind of screwed up in them…just my opinion.

If you want to talk more about those ideas, personal message me I will gladly talk to you more about them since they are kind of “off topic” for this thread.

• yes thank you. or you can post in house rules.

• House rules??? also some people have played it from doing some digging and copying but there’s is not official or maybe not even properly done!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m