Climb Mt. Niitaka: Japanese J1 turn strategy for AA50-41
- get maximum jump of Chinese territories and prevent a long protracted campaign in China
- Destroy allied fleet units in range to as much a degree as possible and minimize loses
- Capture main island chains with plan to to deny American pacific bonus and obtain Japanese bonus
- Set up final position to avoid counters and further targets of Australia, remaining Chinese territories, and remaining island groups including Hawaii and others.
- safeguard against KJF by US player by destroying enough of his forces, so he goes to Europe as his main effort.
Purchases: 17 IPC to be spent:
1st choice: 2 Transports, 1 Inf ( 14+3)
2nd choice: 1 Transport, 1 Fighter
3rd choice: 1 Bomber, 1 Art
- Capture THREE Chinese territories adjacent to British infantry and one west of Manchuria with:
3 infantry 2 fighters ( against 1 fighter 1 Infantry), 2 infantry 1 fighter ( against 1 infantry next to Hong Kong), 3 infantry ( against Chinese territory south of Mongolia) The extra infantry goes north to Manchuria for defense with fighters.
You have 3 fighters and 9 Infantry. ( japan, Manchuria, and 1 plane with Carrier group)
Note: UK plays after Japan in 1941.
you can elect to leave one Inf in Manchuria to defend or 1 Inf to Indo-china to defend, your fighters can mostly land in these territories and defend against UK/Soviet attacks. I prefer this if possible to keep Soviets from Getting 3 IPC.
or UK from taking Indo.
2 fighters attack UK transport and Destroyer off India ( carrier parks off Burma)
Sea invasion of Philippines:
1 Transport off Japan brings 1 tank 1 infantry, and second transport off China brings 1 inf and 1 Art to Philippines.
Invasion of Borneo and Dutch Indies:
Using the transports from Marshall Islands bring 1 Infantry to Dutch Indies and 2 infantry to Borneo. ( note: change due to information that Dutch Indies are in reach of Marshall)
Attack US Philippine fleet with BB.
Bring Cruiser to protect the Borneo transport from UK ships off Australia.
Use the destroyer at Marshall and bring to Hawaii with 3 fighters to sink Hawaii BB, Bring 4th fighter to attack west coast DD and transport. Bring the 1 carrier to Japan. Your fighters land safely and the carrier protects the transports you built.
The second carrier moves in a sea zone south so it can be used against Australia and also be out of the way of US Bombers and Carrier based planes.