• I was thinking about the reason why victory cities are essentially ignored:  they don’t actually provide you anything until the round you win.  I was thinking of a solution for this…

1.  Add Caucasus, Australia, and Hawaii as Victory Cities.
    2.  At the end of a round (after the US turn), each side (Axis and Allies) gets one point for each victory city they control.  If Axis has reached 60 points, they win.  If the Allies reach 90 points, they win.  If both reach their respective goal simultaneously, whichever side holds more cities than they started out with wins, or play continues until that condition is met.

This solves a lot of things… KxF is physically impossible because attempting to ignore a theater results in precious victory points lost.

Fighting for victory cities will be intense, as the benefit is acquired now as opposed to later.

The game can’t go on forever  :wink:

The Axis gain an advantage which should mean Axis can be played without a bid (if the Axis can capture 3 cities, they will be getting 150% their original victory points, meaning they will reach their goal 1.5 times as fast, as opposed to if the Allies captured 3 cities, they would have 133% their original victory points, meaning they will reach their goal only 1.3 times as fast)

Just an idea I was playing around with.

• Would your Victory city points be the only way to win or another way to win (meaning 10 VC’s is a win regardless of how many points I’ve achieved) ?

• @axis_roll:

Would your Victory city points be the only way to win or another way to win (meaning 10 VC’s is a win regardless of how many points I’ve achieved) ?

I haven’t thought about that.  I guess victory points would be just one way to win… I guess I’d have to test it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m