• I don’t understand… if one destroyer scores a successful detection, are all subs detected?  Or, do all destroyers roll, and for every “hit,” one sub is detected?  But that brings the question, what happens when 2 nationalities each have subs, with different DD to Detect values?  Every hit that can be applied is applied?

• @Rakeman:

I don’t understand… if one destroyer scores a successful detection, are all subs detected?  Or, do all destroyers roll, and for every “hit,” one sub is detected?  But that brings the question, what happens when 2 nationalities each have subs, with different DD to Detect values?  Every hit that can be applied is applied?

yes, all subs at that detection level are found if one DD detects them

Example:

5 subs in a SZ (2 UK, 3 US), Japan brings 1 DD and 3 ftrs to try and sink them.

Base detection roll is a 3 or less.

Take into account modifiers:
    Japan has added air power to the detection (+1) modifier
    US has super subs in my example (-1) modifier, but only for the US subs.

Japan rolls a 4 for detection.

UK subs are detected, US subs are not detected.

Recall detection only affects a subs ability to dive after opening fire in the first round of battle.  After that, all remaining subs are considered detected.  Submerge cababilities then default to standard LHTR rules:  If an enemy DD is present, subs can not dive.

Keep firing away with the questions.  Enhanced sub rules make take a while to ‘get used to’, but they are a main reason that Enhanced offers much greater naval battle opportunities than standard revised.  The Battle of the Atlantic is a reality:  German CAN win control of the atlantic.

• @Bierwagen:

Moin!

I’m not sure which rule set you are referring to – but, lately we’ve been discussing AARHE 4.0 (Draft 24 Jul 08).

He question was referring to Enhanced rules (AARe)
    not the Historical Enhanced (AARHE)

I know since Rakeman has sent me a few PM about AARe rules recently.

• @axis_roll:

@Bierwagen:

Moin!

I’m not sure which rule set you are referring to – but, lately we’ve been discussing AARHE 4.0 (Draft 24 Jul 08).

He question was referring to Enhanced rules (AARe)
    not the Historical Enhanced (AARHE)

I know since Rakeman has sent me a few PM about AARe rules recently.

Yup, sorry for the confusion!

• Hey Axis_Roll – where can I find more discussion on the AARE ruleset?

• @Bierwagen:

Hey Axis_Roll – where can I find more discussion on the AARE ruleset?

The rules are a sticky here in A&A.org in this house rules section.
    Much more discussion of Enhanced rules and game in progress are at the Gleemax/WOTC site: http://forums.gleemax.com/forumdisplay.php?f=747

Unfortunately, the powers that be at WOTC have choosen to end Gleemax sometime in September.  This comes less than one year after they shut down new posts from the OLD AH boards.  http://boards.avalonhill.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

There’s lots of good discussions back on the AH boards.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m