Axis and Allies Anniversery edition ( A50 moving up the charts!)

• Our game is going up the charts and is currently in the middle of the pack. Please keep going over to BGG and clicking the game to give it more awareness to others. Hopefully it can be on the top of the list and i can send a blast to the WOTC people that WE are talking charge of AH marketing from here on out. Don’t let WOTC keep up that “Manhattan project” marketing campaign which is typical for all Axis and Allies boardgames. I got banned for a month for mouthing off so i cant help us right now…but just wait and see what happens when i return!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/35052

• Here’s a +1 Karma for always ‘telling it like it is…whether people want to here it or not’

• yes and dont forget i sent you the AARHE files for your set up sheets.

• see the post.  I already gave you another!  (But I got to wait 8 hours.  Well about 6 now :-).  Actuually, I should put you on an automatic +1 daily suppliment for all the good stuff I’ve gotten.)

Not a bad idea :-D

• Who did you mouth off on, some A&A hater?  :-D

• @Craig:

Can’t help yourself, can you.  :-o :? :roll:

Craig

IL got a passion for the game.

He is also close to +500 applauds, while this Craig-character is still on +23 applauds

Now me too is a BGG’er, and will make my effort to our community

• @Adlertag:

He is also close to +500 applauds

Wonder who gave him half of those :P

• How do I rate this game ?

come to think about it, I have never ratet any games before, and dont know how to do it

and hi, IL, your status is you own a game, is this true ?

and what do you think about this charachter that rated the game 3, because he didn’t like Italy in it, lol

• what do you think about this character that rated the game 3, because he didn’t like Italy in it, lol

Yes and the funny thing is i personally know him very well. We are working on a game together. And note how my assessment basically said the opposite of what he was saying.

• yes but think Gordon Ramsey over the top. My gestalt for laying things down w/o embellishments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFvu4IFtBI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgAt_J7Hxjc&feature=related

• IL; I knew you reminded me of someone!  :-D  Or maybe its secretly you  :lol:

Anyway, here’s my daily dose of Karma for the ‘good stuff’ you’ve givin’ us, and me.  I’ll let others with the “wish my **** was as big as his” symdrome do the complaining.

• Thank you IL for standing up for A&A. Why is GMT Games (I looked them up and I had never heard of them before.) in the business of trying to put us out of business?! I know they need to make a living too, but seriously…

• GMT is not having any impact on AA. I was just remarking that for $60 bucks you can buy a GMT game with a small paper map and thin cardboard pieces produced by a system where people vote and when the game gets 500 votes they print it up.

The other side of the coin is to just make the damm game, and make it with quality materials and great games can be made for half the price of what they charge. I just have the opinion that GMT should be charging the going rate for what amounts to as a magazine game or producing these games with comparable material you see in all the other games charging $60 bucks.  A few GMT games are really great out of the hundreds they make. I own about 20 GMT games BTW.

• The Game is now at #7 on the BGG charts! keep clicking it so its #1

• @shermantank:

Thank you IL for standing up for A&A. Why is GMT Games (I looked them up and I had never heard of them before.) in the business of trying to put us out of business?! I know they need to make a living too, but seriously…

GMT Games has been around for quite a while, and produces an excellent line of games.  Some of the designers were with SPI for quite a while before Simulations Publications Incorporated went bankrupt.

• SPI made folio games of the same quality as GMT games for $5.00 in a bag. The only difference of course is GMT has it in a box and charges $60 bucks and games for the most part are in the $40 dollar range and they are made with cardboard and thick counters and have better replayability.

• @Imperious:

SPI made folio games of the same quality as GMT games for $5.00 in a bag. The only difference of course is GMT has it in a box and charges $60 bucks and games for the most part are in the $40 dollar range and they are made with cardboard and thick counters and have better replayability.

The $5 folio games date from the 1970s.  There has been a bit of inflation since then.  The current target price for a couple of game companies that I work with is $10 for a ziplock game with one sheet of counters and an 8.5" X 11" map.  It is $20 for a larger ziplock bag, more counter sheets or a batch of generic game pieces, and an 11" X 17" map.  My target price for a boxed set of Don Featherstone’s Skirmish Wargaming book and set of 60 or so starter plastic figures is $25.  My problem is a limited game run for the box.

• Yes but the boxed games were $12-20 at the same time, so it stands that if a normal game sells for $60 bucks, then the folio games are in the $ 18-30 range, but these folio games are ALSO $60… thats the problem.

• @Imperious:

The Game is now at #7 on the BGG charts! keep clicking it so its #1

The game is today at #12 on the BGG charts and moving down. A French gamer even rated it at 1, because he didn’t want Italy as a player, so now the game has an average rating of 6.67, going down. I blame this on WOTC, they should not have cheated us with that poor Italian pieces. If they listened to me, the game would have 3 starting dates, 1939 with diplomatic rules, 1941 and 1942. Also including French and neutral units, and all nation with specific molds, not this re-cycling of old molds.

• A French gamer even rated it at 1, because he didn’t want Italy as a player

Yep that figures. He mad they didn’t make plastic guys with french hats holding white flags.

just counter his arse… give it tens just to keep the rating up. arrg!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m