• ok they will be structured like the “child forums” under playing section, right under AA50 heading

• @Imperious:

ok they will be structured like the “child forums” under playing section, right under AA50 heading

LOL…

• IL, aren’t you a Mod? Give us our Sub-forums.   :-D

Do we know ANYTHING about the '41 setup BTW?

Not that total lack of information and knowledge would stop us from posting rabid opinions, flaming each other , etc  :mrgreen:

I think the '41 setup is the one we know most about, correct?  I believe the '42 setup is what we are lacking info on.  But correct me if I’m wrong…
    Thanks.

• 2007 AAR League

@Imperious:

Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition -1941 scenario (AA51)
    Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition -1942 scenario (AA52)

I think LT04 had a good idea:

@LT04:

I think I’d go with 50-41 and 50-42 since we are following the AA50 idea.

Then the headings would be:

Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition -1941 scenario (AA50-41)
    Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition -1942 scenario (AA50-42)

• These will be up most likely tonight. Soon you will have independent forums for each scenario.

Lets start of the plan for Germany in the 1941 scenario. All we have is 1941 to work with right now.

• Call the main discussion area “AA50”  That creates all kinds of neat options when speaking it like AA Five Oh  (book 'em Yamatto!)

Allow for general game discussion there in the main thread, but add 2 child boards, one labeled “1941 Set-Up” and the other “1942 Set-Up” to allow for specific strategy posts for each variant.

Eventually, we will also probably need a child thread in the Games area labeled AA50; but probably no need to further sub-divide the games area beyond that.  If AA50 becomes THAT dominant, then the existing boards will shift from AAR to AA50.

• Official Q&A

@ncscswitch:

Call the main discussion area “AA50”  That creates all kinds of neat options when speaking it like AA Five Oh  (book 'em Yamatto!)

:lol:

• nice :-o

• How about A&A 50-1941 for 1941 setup and A&A 50-1942 for 1942 setup?

• naw its too long. A51 and A52 is nice and easy to figure out.

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

A51 and A52 is nice and easy to figure out.

No, AA51 and AA52 are confusing.  AA50-41 and AA50-42 are easy to figure out.  These would be much more intuitive to a new player.

• ok fine. well get it done soon.

• I have come to call this game “Triple A”

• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

A51 and A52 is nice and easy to figure out.

No, AA51 and AA52 are confusing.  AA50-41 and AA50-42 are easy to figure out.  These would be much more intuitive to a new player.

Why not just '41 rules or '42 rules? or '41 set-up or '42 set-up?
    or even shorter:
    '41…… '42

I don’t think you need to even mention A&A or 50th anniversary at all.
    Look at Revised:  No one calls it A&A Revised.

Remove the AA50 preface.

AA51 sounds like the Korean war version

• Official Q&A

@axis_roll:

They do when they’re differentiating it from another game, such as Classic, Europe or Pacific.

• AA41 and AA42 sounds good enough.

• @Krieghund:

@axis_roll:

They do when they’re differentiating it from another game, such as Classic, Europe or Pacific.

They don’t say “A&A Revised”, just “REVISED”

So your list would look like:
    Classic, Europe, Pacific, Revised… and I propose to add '41 and '42

I’m sure the set-up is so different that the resultant game play could be considered a different game between '41 and '42.

• 2007 AAR League

Upon talking about Axis & Allies Revised, I call it either:

‘AAR’  when I post at this site, and feel lazy
    or
    ‘Revised’ when I post at this site, and feel I’ve got loads of time
    or
    ‘Axis and Allies Revised’ when I post at this site, and try to postpone something unpleasant I have to do IRL  :-)
    or
    ‘Axis and Allies’ when I talk to my wife, who got no idea what the hell Axis and Allies, and all its variants and editions is all about anyway  :-D

Likewise, I think of Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition, as:

‘AA50’ - quick & easy: when feeling lazy

‘Anniversary edition’ - when I post at this site, and try to postpone something unpleasant I have to do IRL, but it’s a hassle typing it up, not to mention the spelling issue for an illiterate non-native English speaker  :-D

'Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition - for times when I feel I’ve got LOADS of free time, when I have something absolutely unbearable to do IRL (like having to clean out the sink) that I want to postpone  AND when I don’t mind  having aching fingertips after all the goddamn typing!!  Actually, I don’t feel like ever typing it again!  :x           :wink:

‘Axis and Allies’ - I’ll still use the same name for AA50 and AAR (…and AAE, AAP, AAA, BotB and whatever the name of the variant…!) , when speaking to my wife!  :-D :mrgreen:

• Official Q&A

@axis_roll:

@Krieghund:

@axis_roll:

They don’t say “A&A Revised”, just “REVISED”

So your list would look like:
    Classic, Europe, Pacific, Revised… and I propose to add '41 and '42

Yes, they say “Revised”, but they also say “AAR”, or “AAP” or “AAE”.  The point here is an abbreviation that intuitively evokes the game.

@axis_roll:

I’m sure the set-up is so different that the resultant game play could be considered a different game between '41 and '42.

The only difference between the two scenarios is the set-up and the turn order.  Same map, same rules; same game.  '41 and '42 are simply different scenarios.  There will be a big difference as far as strategy discussions go, but as far as everything else goes, not so much.  How many games with multiple scenarios out there do you see where each scenario is considered to be a different game?

• @Krieghund:

How many games with multiple scenarios out there do you see where each scenario is considered to be a different game?

My point is they are going to be different enough to require a different name, and I just think “AA50-41” is bulky and awkward.  Look at the OOB vs LHTR discussions!

I prefer AA41 and AA42 then if you MUST put “AA” in there somewhere.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m