• love it it is perfect except 1 thing this forum is house rules you know there is a forum for this laugh out loud. Anyways if you really want a house rule russia can only attack japan if japan has no land territories left (russia gets to use there coastal spots on the east for ipc factories when taken it is useless for the axis because they burn it p:) this ability is lost when the axis gain an original terrritory of japans or japan gets an asian territory (africa mid east and south america does not count)

• '10

Japan needs an IC in Manchuria to deal with russian and chinese infantry and advance in both countries. To ignore russian territories because of low IPC income will be a mistake.

… and the only reason to dig throug the chinese - is to grab the russians at their hairy bxxxx.

The sea of Japan (Sz 62) is ideal for supporting the advance into russia and china.

• china is an excuse to hit the beloved russians!

• '10

One of the major changes I think they were going for in the design, both with the addition of CHINA and the Historical Territory bonus was to reduce the USSR - JAPAN conflict.  This is what bothered me most about the Rev Edition…  The fact that Japan ALWAYS attacked Russia to Pincer with German Forces.

It will still be a factor but they have given Japan alot more to chew on in Asia which makes the USSR - Japan conflict a side show I think.

Can’t wait to see how it actually works out once we have the game in a few weeks!

• few weeks? its 9 days away.

• '10

Sorry, I guess in the back of my mind I still expect another delay!  In regards to JAPAN - RUSSIA, based on the US set up card you posted elsewhere…  CHINA may be more of a deterrent in the 1942 set-up than 1941.

In 1942 set-up CHINA has quite a force to keep JAPAN busy and away from Russia’s back door…  In 1941 set-up CHINA looks kinda slim.

• Well you could just use the 1942 setup for china only (not inculding parts that japan hasé great britian)  tryin to make everyone happy since there is many whiners!

Anyways, i feel that when im japan i just randomly choose anything!  lol but when i go through i continue on long live the zero - yak  (i love the yaks)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m